• 562(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-04-03, 03:59)Karellen Wrote: your limited hardware

I'm aware, and I've mentioned that "I'm fearing the inevitable".  At least I'd know what to fix, but the replies so far haven't been definitive. Or am I just that bad at taking hints?
I would feel bad if that was the case and I wasted everyone's time.

Here's Estuary running and playing music for a bit:
https://pastebin.com/exmTq64F

And Rapier:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87bjfxlzkcokiq...r.log?dl=0 (exceeded pastebin size)

Both playing fine and as expected.

I believe I have 8gb installed with Win 7 only seeing 4.  It's a PITA to get to but I will if necessary.

<edit>  Here's MQ for good measure, also running smooth:
https://pastebin.com/u16LsVdA
(2019-04-03, 05:08)dkoh Wrote: t least I'd know what to fix, but the replies so far haven't been definitive. Or am I just that bad at taking hints?
No hints at this stage and we would like to figure out the cause. Those other logs should be helpful, thanks.

(2019-04-03, 05:08)dkoh Wrote: I believe I have 8gb installed with Win 7 only seeing 4.
Do I read that as only 4GB installed? Is there a problem with the other 4? Is there a motherboard limit? Hardware is too old for me to remember the specs. Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-04-02, 10:40)DaveBlake Wrote: I will resist the urge to blame the skin, although from what @dkoh says about working on Estuary that does seem to be a smoking gun. For sure the issue is memory related, that is what all the errors are about. After the texture loading errors you hit this
Code:
DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (musicdb://artists/22595/?albumartistsonly=false)
DEBUG:   ParentPath = [musicdb://artists/]
ERROR: CThread::SpawnThread - fatal error 8 creating thread
DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
Error 8 is ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY to create a vital process, and hence the whirling cursor.

Please don't Wink

I tend to mostly agree with the mantra of "it works in Estuary" so it is likely a skin problem but a lot of folks say it works in Estuary when it in fact does not. Many times the user has no idea what they are talking about.

(2019-04-02, 10:40)DaveBlake Wrote: There seems to be a problem related to recently added albums, how is that widget implemented in the skin @mikeSiLVO ?

Recently added albums as an option in the skin for Widgets are provided either by Library Data Provider or musicdb path:
Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentalbums&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentalbums)]

musicdb://recentlyaddedalbums/
Depending on the Widget chosen.

(2019-04-03, 05:08)dkoh Wrote: I'm aware, and I've mentioned that "I'm fearing the inevitable". At least I'd know what to fix, but the replies so far haven't been definitive. Or am I just that bad at taking hints?
I would feel bad if that was the case and I wasted everyone's time.

Here's Estuary running and playing music for a bit:
https://pastebin.com/exmTq64F

And Rapier:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/87bjfxlzkcokiq...r.log?dl=0 (exceeded pastebin size)

Both playing fine and as expected.

I believe I have 8gb installed with Win 7 only seeing 4. It's a PITA to get to but I will if necessary.

Having a look at the logs and other than Rapier seeming to be a fantastically coded skin (every response time seems faster than Estuary... Eek Nod Shocked ) all I see is an issue with your music fanart files. I suggest you completely delete your Thumbnails folder in your userdata (wiki) folder.

Having said that I do not see you playing music in the SiLVO log at all so it seems like there is an artwork issue...?

EDIT: My apologies @DaveBlake, in my haste to post I forgot to thank you for all that you have done. It is truly appreciated Smile

Thank You! Big Grin
(2019-04-03, 05:35)Karellen Wrote: Do I read that as only 4GB installed? Is there a problem with the other 4? Is there a motherboard limit? Hardware is too old for me to remember the specs. Smile

No, I believe there's 8 physically installed but x86 windows only addresses 4. Windows does display 4gb. It's an Intel nanoITX board that uses laptop ram under the CPU fan so I'd have to really get into it to look. I could be remembering badly though. I don't even remember what xbmc i built this for. Dharma?
(2019-04-03, 05:50)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I suggest you completely delete your Thumbnails folder in your userdata(wiki) folder.

Will do.
(2019-04-03, 05:50)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Having said that I do not see you playing music in the SiLVO log at all

It never made it that far tonight.  It usually plays at least one or two tracks, but now it crashes shortly after entering the Artist list.
You're welcome @mikeSiLVO,  I'm happy to help if I can.

(2019-04-03, 05:50)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I tend to mostly agree with the mantra of "it works in Estuary" so it is likely a skin problem but a lot of folks say it works in Estuary when it in fact does not. Many times the user has no idea what they are talking about.
Yes that does happen. Shocked

This is a texture cache / memory issue that for some reason this skin is triggering while the other skins tried are not. So what is different about Aeon Nox Silvo, and what art is the issue?

(2019-04-03, 05:50)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Having a look at the logs and other than Rapier seeming to be a fantastically coded skin (every response time seems faster than Estuary... Eek Nod Shocked ) all I see is an issue with your music fanart files. I suggest you completely delete your Thumbnails folder in your userdata (wiki) folder.

@DaveBlake I may be missing something in the first log? Looks like a memory issue with multiple fanart but I am no where near an expert on this Confused
Delete the thumbnails folder is good advice, interested to hear what happens @dkoh (with log) . And yes I think that it is something cached art/memory related. This means it could also involve graphics driver (I think that is involved in the image processing) and changes to ffmpeg version used in v18. But key is what artist art does Aeon Nox use that the other skins tried do not use?
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to get the mediaflags displayed as in this picture ?
I'm running the logo view but mediaflags are not displayed, only in the info panel of the movie...
thx.
@mikeSiLVO , I really like how in DialogVideoInfo in the skin you allow the user to select from searching the local library or showing extended info, when they click on an actor image.  Would you mind if I adapt your code to use in the Amber for Leia skin I am working on? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-04-03, 09:08)DaveBlake Wrote: Delete the thumbnails folder is good advice, interested to hear what happens @dkoh (with log) . And yes I think that it is something cached art/memory related. This means it could also involve graphics driver (I think that is involved in the image processing) and changes to ffmpeg version used in v18. But key is what artist art does Aeon Nox use that the other skins tried do not use?

Same thing.  Crash (blank error) at the artist list.
https://pastebin.com/u20u3MfA
quick question. have been using this excellent skin for a while on one of my setup. i have some videos that are not scanned into the library eg. home videos. i create own fanart and poster jpeg for these and they work fine. recently i changed the fanart and i understand kodi usually scans every ?few days and updates it. on my other media box running arctic zephyr, it updates but the old fanart still hasn't changed on the media box with aeon nox: silvo.

any suggestions.

thanks
[quote="sirius1979black" pid='2842270' dateline='1554354308']
Mike

Got to say this is the best skin IV ever used got everything u ever need Wink..... AWESOME Job

Only thing is my sub menus don't open to the correct place only opens the add-on the shortcuts are in

Can you please have a look at this , Thanks

By the way version 5.9.4 skin.aeon.nox.silvo" version="6000.0.3" name="Aeon Nox 5: Question Mark
Just wants to say Sorry fir quoting a message on a new request

I'm totally new to this, was looking for the edit button to delete the post but can't find it

But Thank you for deleting the posts I didn't mean to post 👍
Yep, it is no problem. It only takes a few seconds to fix. Hopefully that image was of help.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi

Just a update I just tried it on my laptop and the short cuts are working in sub menu, so will try my shield and let you know

Looks like it's a touch screen issue cause was using on my phone

Thanks
(2019-04-03, 20:14)NeBouse Wrote: Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to get the mediaflags displayed as in this picture ?
I'm running the logo view but mediaflags are not displayed, only in the info panel of the movie...
thx.

While in that Logo view, the one in your pic, click "up" to open the side bar and there's something like "Logo View Settings".  Media flags is an option in there.
  • 562(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55