• 110(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
@jurialmunkey I have turned off all of the ratings but they still show up in seasons.
Hello,it has been a pleasure having your skin in my build.One thing that bothers me is that it doesn't show the picture of each episode on tv series.It just shows the fanart on every episode.Is there a way to fix this? I ask again because i did not get any answer.
(2019-04-19, 12:40)John232321 Wrote: Hello,it has been a pleasure having your skin in my build.One thing that bothers me is that it doesn't show the picture of each episode on tv series.It just shows the fanart on every episode.Is there a way to fix this? I ask again because i did not get any answer.

Works fine for me using the Kodi library.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-04-18, 19:21)jimmisavage Wrote: Hi, since the update which uses landscape art and clear logo as a fallback I'm getting strange results. My movie widgets have neither:

In my movie view I get fanart with clear logo:

On TV shows its hit and miss:

I've set the widgets to landscape. Where am I going wrong?

Hi @jurialmunkey,
Do you know why my landscape are isn't working? Or why it doesn't revert back to fanart with clearlogo on the widgets?
(2019-04-19, 13:34)jimmisavage Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 19:21)jimmisavage Wrote: Hi, since the update which uses landscape art and clear logo as a fallback I'm getting strange results. My movie widgets have neither:

Hi @jurialmunkey,
Do you know why my landscape are isn't working? Or why it doesn't revert back to fanart with clearlogo on the widgets?

No idea. I would need more information about any patterns to the issue and how to reproduce it.

Basically the skin does the following:
If the listitem dbtype is episode or video, then it uses whatever is set for ListItem.Art(thumb)
If it isn't an episode/video (i.e. its a tvshow, season, movie, or set), then it checks for ListItem.Art(landscape) and uses that.
If there isn't landscape art, then it uses fanart and overlays the clearlogo if available.
If there is no fanart, then the skin uses ListItem.Thumb

BTW - Is there any reason why you are using skin helper widgets instead of one of the default widget playlists provided by the skin? Default widgets will be much faster.
(2019-04-19, 14:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 13:34)jimmisavage Wrote:

Hi @jurialmunkey,

No idea. I would need more information about any patterns to the issue and how to reproduce it.

If the listitem dbtype is episode or video, then it uses whatever is set for ListItem.Art(thumb)
If it isn't an episode/video (i.e. its a tvshow, season, movie, or set), then it checks for ListItem.Art(landscape) and uses that.
If there isn't landscape art, then it uses fanart and overlays the clearlogo if available.

BTW - Is there any reason why you are using skin helper widgets instead of one of the default widget playlists provided by the skin? Default widgets will be much faster.

I use artwork beef to download the artwork to their movie/TV folder on an external drive. So, for instance fast and the furious has fanart, clearlogo and landscape art (standard naming convention movie name(date)-landscape.jpg)

No,the only reason for using helper widgets is because I didn't know any better. I'll change them over to default.
(2019-04-19, 15:10)jimmisavage Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 14:05)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 13:34)jimmisavage Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey,

I use artwork beef to download the artwork to their movie/TV folder on an external drive. So, for instance fast and the furious has fanart, clearlogo and landscape art (standard naming convention movie name(date)-landscape.jpg)

No,the only reason for using helper widgets is because I didn't know any better. I'll change them over to default.

Has the landscape art been added to the kodi database?
Info > Thumb (paintbrush icon) will show all artwork for the listitem scraped to library database. Check that landscape is there.
Also, for widgets I find that sometimes it helps if the artwork has first been viewed in the library so that it is cached.
Can anyone post any screenshot of how clearlogos are meant to show up in the skin. For example, if its meant to be on the homescreen, during video playback, as part of a widget. Because I am having no luck whatsoever in getting them to show up. I've added fanart api key into artwork beef, metadatautils, my addon settings and i still can't get them to show up. I tried using embycon addon and even that didn't show any clearlogos in the skin but it showed up on estuary video osd unless clearlogos are not enabled on the arctic zephyr osd. Can someone please help me out here. I'm using an nvidia shield running kodi 18.1 from the playstore and arctic zephyr 2 0.9.25 alpha1
(2019-04-19, 15:20)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 15:10)jimmisavage Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 14:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: No idea. I would need more information about any patterns to the issue and how to reproduce it.

Has the landscape art been added to the kodi database?
Info > Thumb (paintbrush icon) will show all artwork for the listitem scraped to library database. Check that landscape is there.
Also, for widgets I find that sometimes it helps if the artwork has first been viewed in the library so that it is cached.

Just checked and yes, landscape art is in there. I have poster, fanart, banner, clearart, clearlogo discart, and landscape.

And yet it's still showing the fanart and clearlogo.
(2019-04-14, 04:59)drinfernoo Wrote: I'm getting ready to switch to this for my main system, but am wondering about the Season Info view for TV Shows... It seems to work really well for some things, and not as well for others, and I'm not sure exactly why.

For some items, it will instantly update the list of episodes when a different season is highlighted, but for others shows, it won't. In order to refresh the list of episodes, I either have to cycle through the different views until I get back to Season Info (trigging a refresh?), or go into the season and back out again (again, triggering a refresh?).

Maybe it would be possible to fix this by triggering a refresh automatically any time a new season is highlighted?

@jurialmunkey, any ideas here?
(2019-04-19, 22:50)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 04:59)drinfernoo Wrote: I'm getting ready to switch to this for my main system, but am wondering about the Season Info view for TV Shows... It seems to work really well for some things, and not as well for others, and I'm not sure exactly why.

For some items, it will instantly update the list of episodes when a different season is highlighted, but for others shows, it won't. In order to refresh the list of episodes, I either have to cycle through the different views until I get back to Season Info (trigging a refresh?), or go into the season and back out again (again, triggering a refresh?).

Maybe it would be possible to fix this by triggering a refresh automatically any time a new season is highlighted?

I have no idea. I can't reproduce this issue. I would need more info about the situations it happens under.

Skins don't manually control when containers refresh, kodi doesn't work like that. But the container should refresh immediately because the path changes based upon the season highlighted.

The only thing I can think of is that you are using it with an addon of some sort and it is taking a while to download the episode data for that season - so the old contents of the container are showing until the new data is downloaded by the addon.

Does this happen with the library or only addons?
(2019-04-20, 00:34)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 22:50)drinfernoo Wrote:

I have no idea. I can't reproduce this issue. I would need more info about the situations it happens under.

Skins don't manually control when containers refresh, kodi doesn't work like that. But the container should refresh immediately because the path changes based upon the season highlighted.

The only thing I can think of is that you are using it with an addon of some sort and it is taking a while to download the episode data for that season - so the old contents of the container are showing until the new data is downloaded by the addon.

It does seem to only happen with add-ons... but I haven't been able to find a workaround.
(2019-04-20, 01:48)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 00:34)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 22:50)drinfernoo Wrote: @jurialmunkey, any ideas here?

It does seem to only happen with add-ons... but I haven't been able to find a workaround.

Try latest release
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...alpha3.zip

I'm now hiding the episode list and preventing focus if the episode container is updating.
(2019-04-20, 01:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 01:48)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 00:34)jurialmunkey Wrote: I have no idea. I can't reproduce this issue. I would need more info about the situations it happens under.

Try latest release

I'm now hiding the episode list and preventing focus if the episode container is updating.

This appears to be giving me the exact same behavior for add-ons. I haven't tried it with library content yet to make sure it's not causing any other issues there, however.
(2019-04-20, 02:26)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 01:56)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 01:48)drinfernoo Wrote: It does seem to only happen with add-ons... but I haven't been able to find a workaround.

Try latest release

This appears to be giving me the exact same behavior for add-ons. I haven't tried it with library content yet to make sure it's not causing any other issues there, however.

I tried with a number of add-ons on latest version of the skin and I cannot reproduce this behaviour any more. For me, the skin hides the episode list for the season until it is loaded.

Are you sure you are using 0.9.26-alpha3 ?

Otherwise it is an issue with the add-on doing something incorrectly like not setting the correct folderpath for the season or not updating the plugin path correctly.
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226