• 74(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
(2019-04-18, 09:24)Kilvearn Wrote: Hello,

Just a little question about Dolby Atmos...
I followed the instructions to set the addon on Kodi on my NVidia Shield TV, and everything's working (4K, HDR,...).
But no way to know if it's ok for Dolby Atmos... I think it's ok, as I have multiple streams in DD+ 5.1 (in audio list), but neither is noted as "Atmos".
Is there a way to distinguish the Atmos stream ? My Denon AV Receiver doesn't indicate if a stream is Atmos (just Dolby Digital/+, TrueHD, ...)

Thanks for your help !
unique indicator (talking about the default kodi skin) is the flag DOLBY-HD when a video in the list contains an Atmos track,
usually seem only the English track can be Atmos

and is important on the Shield device set:
Shield setting -> Display & Sound -> Advanced settings -> Surround Sound >> Set to Always
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
SOMEONE CAN KNOW HELP ME HERE?

my android is 5.1
My kodi is the one: kodi-18.1-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk
and my netfix is the: plugin.video.netflix-master

I installed it as described in the first post of this topic

when you start Kodi error message appears: PLAYBACK ERROR

and when you try to start netflix it displays error message: ADDON ERROR, and does not open

how do i have to make netflix work?

thank you
(2019-04-18, 20:31)stefive83 Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 15:35)patrik.ekstrom Wrote: I get "Please check your credentials" Works fine with 0.13 version.
Tried to remove plugin.video.netflix-folder, but still the same.
See log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/zojujinayo.kodi

Download and install the latest DailyBuild of 20190418 should now work 
Thank you. Works fine now.
(2019-04-18, 17:32)AGunzXBMC Wrote:

I followed the instructions to set the addon on Kodi on my NVidia Shield TV, and everything's working (4K, HDR,...).
But no way to know if it's ok for Dolby Atmos... I think it's ok, as I have multiple streams in DD+ 5.1 (in audio list), but neither is noted as "Atmos".
Is there a way to distinguish the Atmos stream ? My Denon AV Receiver doesn't indicate if a stream is Atmos (just Dolby Digital/+, TrueHD, ...)

Thanks for your help !

The Atmos streams are DD+, Netflix doesn't passthrough TrueHD Atmos streams. 

Thanks for the precision.
But then, how can I distinguish DD+ Atmos streams in the streams list ? Neither has "Atmos" mentioned in the name...

Thanks !
(2019-04-19, 14:44)Kilvearn Wrote:

Thanks for your help !

But then, how can I distinguish DD+ Atmos streams in the streams list ? Neither has "Atmos" mentioned in the name...

I've noticed that when using Aeon MQ8 skin it shows TrueHD whenever it's an Atmos stream, but I just hit display/info on my receiver to see if it is actually Atmos when the video starts.
Case: Thermaltake DH 101
CPU: Intel i5-8600K 3.6GHz, Intel UHD Graphics 630
Memory: 16Gs RAM
Storage: 80G SSD Boot Drive w/ 25TB of Storage
Display: 60" Samsung LED KS8000
AV Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR656
(2019-04-19, 19:03)AGunzXBMC Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 14:44)Kilvearn Wrote:

I've noticed that when using Aeon MQ8 skin it shows TrueHD whenever it's an Atmos stream, but I just hit display/info on my receiver to see if it is actually Atmos when the video starts.

Thanks for the info!
Unfortunately, my Denon receiver doesn't indicate "Atmos" on the info screen, even if it supports it...
I hope it selects Atmos stream by default...
(2019-04-20, 07:46)Kilvearn Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 19:03)AGunzXBMC Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 14:44)Kilvearn Wrote: Thanks for the precision.

Thanks for the info!
Unfortunately, my Denon receiver doesn't indicate "Atmos" on the info screen, even if it supports it...

Do you have atmos/height speakers on your setup?

@stefive83
On coreelec, Movies with 540p flag, can't stream beyond that resolution. Is that netflix limitations (due to lack of widevine L1)?
(2019-04-20, 16:52)farhanito Wrote:
(2019-04-19, 19:03)AGunzXBMC Wrote: I've noticed that when using Aeon MQ8 skin it shows TrueHD whenever it's an Atmos stream, but I just hit display/info on my receiver to see if it is actually Atmos when the video starts.

Thanks for the info!

@stefive83
On coreelec, Movies with 540p flag, can't stream beyond that resolution. Is that netflix limitations (due to lack of widevine L1)? 
Are you sure you don't confuse screen resolution with movie stream resolution?
To view the codec resolution of the movie played you have to:
>Or use a keyboard then press 'O' key
>Or open status bar when a movie is played, then goto Settings->Video settings->Check video stream details

Example Balto movie are 540P but can be played at(depending on the video settings kodi could be displayed) 1080P screen resolution, but the video stream is 720x480 = ~540P
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2019-04-21, 10:50)stefive83 Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 07:46)Kilvearn Wrote: Thanks for the info!

@stefive83
Are you sure you don't confuse screen resolution with movie stream resolution?
To view the codec resolution of the movie played you have to:
>Or use a keyboard then press 'O' key
>Or open status bar when a movie is played, then goto Settings->Video settings->Check video stream details

Example Balto movie are 540P but can be played at(depending on the video settings kodi could be displayed) 1080P screen resolution, but the video stream is 720x480 = ~540P

Yes, I meant video stream.

With Netflix original contents like Bird Box or Polar (with 4K UHD Media-flag) I can get 1080p stream.

But movies like Incredibles, Spider-Man, etc (with SD540p Media-flag) plays only at 540p or lower.
On devices that have proper NF licenses like FireTV stick or Mibox (with kodi + your addon), these movies can be played at higher resolution.

But I've just read that this restriction also applies to Chrome and Firefox. Maybe that's why.
I have been trying to log-in but I cannot when I go to account, the first option is 30059c and then log out I do not see anywhere to log in here is the log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/edz6t6h73...i.log/file
(2019-04-21, 23:11)curiosity44 Wrote: I have been trying to log-in but I cannot when I go to account, the first option is 30059c and then log out I do not see anywhere to log in here is the log: https://www.mediafire.com/file/edz6t6h73...i.log/file

LOL
2019-04-21 16:43:23.165 T:1916089904  NOTICE: ADDON: plugin.video.netflix v0.13.22 installed  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

you are using the old version....
(2019-04-19, 19:03)AGunzXBMC Wrote: I've noticed that when using Aeon MQ8 skin it shows TrueHD whenever it's an Atmos stream, but I just hit display/info on my receiver to see if it is actually Atmos when the video starts.

Thanks for the info!

No, I don't have Atmos speakers (only 5.1 configuration), but my AV receiver supports it. I assume it would show "Atmos" when the media source has an Atmos stream ? (Not depending on my speakers)
(2019-04-17, 15:35)patrik.ekstrom Wrote: I get "Please check your credentials" Works fine with 0.13 version.
See log:

Where do you keep the files, the repository linked in first post of this thread only shows 0.13.22
Primary Sony 85" X8500F LED, Yamaha RX-V685, Odroid N2 4GB running CoreElec 19.4 RC1 (Kodi Matrix), SVS 5.1 Sound
Secondary Panasonic 50" ST50 Plasma, Pioneer AV916, Asus Chromebox running LibreElec (Kodi Leia)
(2019-04-22, 13:14)Kilvearn Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 07:46)Kilvearn Wrote: Thanks for the info!

I assume it would show "Atmos" when the media source has an Atmos stream ? (Not depending on my speakers)

No. You have to have height/Atmos speakers and assign them on the denon.
(2019-04-22, 13:52)bym007 Wrote:
See log:

Where do you keep the files, the repository linked in first post of this thread only shows 0.13.22 

but which page are you looking atHuhHuh this is the first post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329767
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14