• 54(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia
In MQ2.9.0 with no mod I couldn't get cases to appear correctly or install/ re-install themes from your Google drive.
I switched skin to MQ7 and then closed and restarted KODI, while in MQ7 I without 1 problem installed/ re-installed all 11 icon/theme zip's .
I switched back to MQ8 2.9.0 and then shut KODI down and restarted, when everything had finished updating I went and checked movie cases and everything was fixed.....?

Also am I supposed to have an "Media types" icon pack installed?......Where is there a link to it?
Read my previous post about

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2848332
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-04-24, 04:07)Wanilton Wrote: Read my previous post about

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2848332
Hey, great.............thanks
(2019-04-23, 04:00)Wanilton Wrote: @shedrock, it´s the wrong package, used only in MQ7 mod skin. MQ8 split flags in mini packages, Kodi team don´t accept in official repo one single addon "all in one" like exist in MQ7 mod. We have add-ons available for download, missing for now only coloured media type (DVD, Bluray and others).

Please remove the link, it´s no fine for use with Aeon MQ8.
@Wanilton 

I discovered a minor problem with the "resource.images.studios.coloured-0.0.15.zip"
I'm still using the the old "resource.images.mediaicons.coloured", but i was curios of how many studios are new in your version.
To see how many are new i merged your with my old version. 

There are 465 new studios added. But almost every one of the new, the letters are mutilated/falsified. It is not on my side when unpacking/extracting because then the characters would be mutilated/falsified even on the old studios and not only in the newly added. Then I looked at the old studios in your version and there is not the problem. It only affects the new (465) studios you added some time ago ... but it affects hundreds of them.

I hope you still have somewhere the original files with the original not insulted namings on your system.
https://pastebin.com/iWs0FHBr
EDIT:
I now tried the same not with your download offer but with the official TeamKodi download:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Studio_Icons_-_Coloured
https://kodi.tv/addon/image-collections/...s-coloured
There exist the same problem (but for any reason, not 465, but 469 new studios in comparison to my old version added)
@Karellen To wich TeamKodi member i should report the problem? This addon has as far as i know no thread in this forum.
Most updated (460+) studio logos the naming spellings/characters are corrupted
I've already experienced something similar when I pack my addons to a zip, but strange why only affects those are being new updated.

The version is online since February 22, strange that nobody has noticed.
I think this isn't problem with naming...this are "special charactes" letter.Don't use all user english word.Some language like mine have problem with letter.
In mine language have žđšćč... don't use qwyx, Similar like mine, Italian,german,polish,portugal,russian.... have same problem.
I think name for studio are  for that language (but in that case missing for english language...that is isue).
german  Smile
wdr münster    -    wdr münster

See convertor
https://www.i18nqa.com/debug/utf8-debug.html
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Version 0.0.15, it's no made by us,  I don't know who added the new studio's images.

I have version 0.0.9, it's the same, have special char too.

I think the same, its only special char, similar used in NFO files.
(2019-04-24, 19:47)Angelinas Wrote: I think this isn't problem with naming...this are "special charactes" letter.Don't use all user english word.Some language like mine have problem with letter.
In mine language have žđšćč... don't use qwyx, Similar like mine, Italian,german,polish,portugal,russian.... have same problem.
I think name for studio are  for that language (but in that case missing for english language...that is isue).
german  Smile
wdr münster    -    wdr münsterSee convertor
https://www.i18nqa.com/debug/utf8-debug.html
I think its sure a problem with naming! The problem only occurs with the logos that have been updated. Everything fits with all the old ones. Also special characters.
Quote:Version 0.0.15, it's no made by us,  I don't know who added the new studio's images.
Yes i know, it belongs to Team Kodi.
(2019-04-24, 18:27)chrissix Wrote: @Karellen To wich TeamKodi member i should report the problem? This addon has as far as i know no thread in this forum.
Most updated (460+) studio logos the naming spellings/characters are corrupted
@ronie is the caretaker for Studio Icons- coloured. Hopefully he will pop in and have a look at post#799

How are you extracting them from the .xbt file?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
the filenames are correct at our end:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-resources/t.../resources

i've tested version 0.0.15 and the icons show up fine for studios with accented characters.

i wouldn't be surprised if the extractor tool you're using is messing things up.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-04-24, 21:10)ronie Wrote: the filenames are correct at our end:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-resources/t.../resources

i've tested version 0.0.15 and the icons show up fine for studios with accented characters.

i wouldn't be surprised if the extractor tool you're using is messing things up.
Hi, I'm using the official extractor from the wiki page and also can confirm the UTF8 issue.

Besides I have 1 problem and 3 question. I almost can live withe new MQ8 skin (used many years older MQs and really love it) but I now miss something:

1. On tv-shows the artist widget always is showing the cast for movies. E.g. The Flash TV-Show --> cast from Movie Ricki and the flash, Supergirl TV-Show --> cast from Movie Supergirl (1984), Van Helsing TV-Show --> cast from Movie with Hugh Jackmann. I remember there was the same issue on MQ7. Anybody else the same issue? (look picture below)
2. I'm missing the clock on the list navigation within a tv-show. On the upper right the date is switching with the weather, but no clock as in older versions. Will it come back? (look 2nd picture)
3. I'm missing on the widget screen for tv-shows the amount of seasons and episodes near the name of the show in the upper left corner. Will it come back? (look 3rd picture)
4. There is no chance to get back the language flags instead of the text?

Thank you for the efforts.

EDIT: updated pictures
(2019-04-24, 23:36)BiTeMeNoW Wrote: Hi, I'm using the official extractor from the wiki page and also can confirm the UTF8 issue.

there's nothing 'official' about the texturetool.
it's a third party tool, not supported by team kodi.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie 

Sorry, I meant from the official wiki (wrong word positioning Sad) but even did not know it's a third party tool.
Hi all,
I'm currently using Aeon Nox Silvo but and looking to migrate to MQ8 because of the great integration this skin has with game ROMs.

Is there a simple way for me to migrate my layout. Would copying over the script.skinshortcuts add-on data do the majority of the work?

Obviously I can try myself, but just wondering if anyone has any experience / tips that would help.

Thanks,

Martin
Skin doesn't have support script.skinshortcuts. I think the best way for the test is creating a portable Kodi (if using windows), I think is a bad idea try to copy anything from other skin.
@Wanilton - I am not sure if this was brought up before but I just noticed that some of my discart is not showing in m in "Wall" view. For instance the movie "Glass is showing the discart spinning, but behind the poster. Although, I can see the discart perfectly in the movie Bumblebee. Is this something that you guys are aware of already?

Thanks,

Shedrock
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 8 - 2.9.0 - Kodi Leia12