New Firestick / Kodi user . . .
Thanks for even going this far for me...

Anyway, I'm using a Firestick in my living room to view (stream?) content stored on my computer hard drive in my bedroom.

I can do it, but then, when I try to bring it back up the next day, it says it can't connect before finally, after I fiddle with it for a little while, the databases appear and become available to view. I KNOW there must be something I can do to set it up so that I can just click on the 'File Manager' and see my content appear immediately...forgive me if you guys are already shaking your head at this n00b, but I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks so much, y'all...
How are you accessing the movies on your computer? SMB, NFS other?

Is your content scanned into the library? I guess it is if you say the databases appear, but why are you using File Manager?

A Debug Log might reveal something. Try playing your movies when it cannot connect then submit the log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-05-18, 05:49)Karellen Wrote: How are you accessing the movies on your computer? SMB, NFS other?

Is your content scanned into the library? I guess it is if you say the databases appear, but why are you using File Manager?

A Debug Log might reveal something. Try playing your movies when it cannot connect then submit the log.

Thank you so much for your time and attention. I'll try to be as methodical as possible, learn by doing . . . I'll be back if I get stuck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Firestick / Kodi user . . .0