• 17(current)
Beta Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts
Under the Skin Settings, Backgrounds area would it be possible to have a "Use Default Background for Menu Items" OR under the Skin Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves, Select Background and offer an Option to "Use Default"?

I like to keep things simple and it would be nice to have a single consistent background picture throughout.

Thanks

k
(2019-06-18, 02:47)jusjoken Wrote: Under the Skin Settings, Backgrounds area would it be possible to have a "Use Default Background for Menu Items" OR under the Skin Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves, Select Background and offer an Option to "Use Default"?

I like to keep things simple and it would be nice to have a single consistent background picture throughout.

Thanks

k
@jusjoken, this option, and the option to set what the default background is, were already in Amber and I did not carry them over to this version.  They will be included in the next update.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-17, 20:36)Merwenus Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 18:01)bsoriano Wrote: @Merwenus, enable the setting "Show Two Shelves Together" in Amber Settings, Home Layout.  Make sure that the widgets you want to show are widgets 1 and 2, since those are the only ones shown when this option is enabled.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks, It did the trick, played with it in the last few hours, and found 2 annoyance, mostly because it slows down the flow of GUI.

1) When I select an item in the shelves it changes background and it is pretty distracting and it is slow for my device but I can't find a way to disable it.
2) It refreshes every shelf everytime it change menu, Series->Movies->Series in a few seconds and the items disappear then popup again, and it is pretty slow for series at least for me. It takes 3-5 seconds to load Suggested episodes.
3) How can I add specific items to Addons shelf like before? I can add every program extension, or video addon but can't add only HBO GO, Netflix, etc.
4) Pictures shelf acts funny, at least for me Smile when I add my pictures folder (inside 1998->2019 folders) sort by title ascending and the array is 2004, 2016, 2008, 2010, 2003 etc, so out of order. 
@Merwenus, I just tested the Pictures shelf with a folder with many subfolders in it (most folder names are numbers, like 2007_10_01, or 2008_09_27), sorted by title ascending, and the folders show up in alphabetical order as expected.  I have not been able to reproduce this issue.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-17, 20:17)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 19:34)timmins Wrote: Movies or TV Episodes aren't being removed after I have watched them. They just get a check mark. I want then to disappear after I have watched them, how do I enable something to make this happen.

Another thing I have noticed, in the Recently Added Movies row,  the movies are listed aphabely, not in the order they where added. I'd prefer them to appear in the order they where added, how do I make this happen.

This is how it was with the old Kodi 17 amber.

@timmins, you can use the skin helper service widgets recently added movies or TV shows widget, and configure the addon to not show watched items.

As for the recently added movies, do you have the latest from Git? I fixed over the weekend a problem with widget sorting. If you do have the latest, did you configure the widget to sort by dateadded, descending? If you did and it doesn't work, please let me know which widget exactly are you using (default, additional?). Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for the most part it worked as expected. I'm still playing with it picking different options and seeing what the results are.

I hope in the final version most of this will be default. I suggest you have two built in versions. One that does what Kodi 17 does and the other right open to be fulling programmable like it is now.

Thank for listening.
(2019-06-18, 19:39)timmins Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 20:17)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-17, 19:34)timmins Wrote: Movies or TV Episodes aren't being removed after I have watched them. They just get a check mark. I want then to disappear after I have watched them, how do I enable something to make this happen.

Another thing I have noticed, in the Recently Added Movies row,  the movies are listed aphabely, not in the order they where added. I'd prefer them to appear in the order they where added, how do I make this happen.

This is how it was with the old Kodi 17 amber.

@timmins, you can use the skin helper service widgets recently added movies or TV shows widget, and configure the addon to not show watched items.

As for the recently added movies, do you have the latest from Git? I fixed over the weekend a problem with widget sorting. If you do have the latest, did you configure the widget to sort by dateadded, descending? If you did and it doesn't work, please let me know which widget exactly are you using (default, additional?). Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for the most part it worked as expected. I'm still playing with it picking different options and seeing what the results are.

I hope in the final version most of this will be default. I suggest you have two built in versions. One that does what Kodi 17 does and the other right open to be fulling programmable like it is now.

Thank for listening.

@timmins, thanks for your feedback. Having two built-in versions would mean a lot more code. The menu already is exactly as current Amber. I will look at having the widgets be the same on a reset or new skin install.

Regards,

Bart
Ok, Tried to reproduce in Windows 10:
When I press Widget on pictures, add Pictures and select the source, I see no subfolders just the "USE as a widget"

When I do the exact same thing on CoreElec, I see subfolders and they are out of order: 2005, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2010, 2006,2008, 2015, 2007, 2011...
Tried with NFS and SMB share too, so as I said it is a funny bug, because the script.skinshortcuts addon_data files are the same. Smile

3. The only way to do that at this time is to add each addon as a favourite, and then add the favourites widget to whatever menu item you want.
I can't, I'm using favorites menu for HBO GO and Netflix series/seasons I watch currently for faster reach.
(2019-06-18, 19:52)Merwenus Wrote: Ok, Tried to reproduce in Windows 10:
When I press Widget on pictures, add Pictures and select the source, I see no subfolders just the "USE as a widget"

When I do the exact same thing on CoreElec, I see subfolders and they are out of order: 2005, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2010, 2006,2008, 2015, 2007, 2011...
Tried with NFS and SMB share too, so as I said it is a funny bug, because the script.skinshortcuts addon_data files are the same. Smile

Image3. The only way to do that at this time is to add each addon as a favourite, and then add the favourites widget to whatever menu item you want.
I can't, I'm using favorites menu for HBO GO and Netflix series/seasons I watch currently for faster reach.
@Merwenus, the behavior you mention in Windows is exactly what I get.  I don't think it is a skin issue.  Does it behave differently in another skin that uses skinshortcuts? As for CoreELEC, I would not know what to tell you.

As for the favourite addons shelf, I understand, and I am looking at how to bring back that functionality alongside using skinshortcuts.  I hope I can incorporate in the next update.

Regards,

Bart
Hi, @bsoriano
I want to help translate some words to my language (just a few words, I don't know english so much. Just the words I think I know enough) - Brazilian portuguese.
The skin is all almost translated (the not skinshortcuts version), is just a few words. I want translate specific words that users can't name in skinshortcut version.
I already read  2 comments (this and this), and it helped, but I can't find in any place the word "end time". Where is it?

I'm editing this file, adding the new words that it don't have.

Thanks!
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-06-18, 18:07)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 02:47)jusjoken Wrote: Under the Skin Settings, Backgrounds area would it be possible to have a "Use Default Background for Menu Items" OR under the Skin Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves, Select Background and offer an Option to "Use Default"?

Thanks

k
@jusjoken, this option, and the option to set what the default background is, were already in Amber and I did not carry them over to this version.  They will be included in the next update.

Regards,

Bart 
I just tested the git version and this works great.  

Thanks
(2019-06-18, 23:47)edjalmo Wrote: Hi, @bsoriano
I want to help translate some words to my language (just a few words, I don't know english so much. Just the words I think I know enough) - Brazilian portuguese.
The skin is all almost translated (the not skinshortcuts version), is just a few words. I want translate specific words that users can't name in skinshortcut version.
I already read  2 comments (this and this), and it helped, but I can't find in any place the word "end time". Where is it?

Thanks!
Somethings that I translate don't show in skin Huh . Like "Amber settings" for example. See my translation so far https://pastebin.com/yPywV4Q9
You know why this happens?

Thanks!

@edjalmo , that label is a Kodi label, not Amber's label.  If your Kodi language is set to Portuguese, then this should show up in Portuguese, unless the Portuguese translation for Kodi is incomplete/incorrect.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-19, 01:44)edjalmo Wrote:

Thanks!
Somethings that I translate don't show in skin Huh . Like "Amber settings" for example. See my translation so far https://pastebin.com/yPywV4Q9
You know why this happens? 
@edjalmo , I suppose you are using the Amber Skinshortcuts skin, not regular Amber.  Is this correct? If so, you need to place the "strings.po" file that you are modifying in a "resource.language.pt_br" folder, in the "language" folder of the skin.

Unfortunately, since you are starting from the regular Amber Portuguese translation, which does not have any of the new Amber Skinshortcuts strings, a lot of things will not show up correctly translated, or will not show up at all.

Do you use Windows or Mac? The free program POEdit is really good for working with .po files.  If you would like to use that, I can walk you through the steps to update the regular Amber strings.po file with the new Amber Skinshortcuts strings, and seeing which strings need translating so you can do that.  Just let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-06-19, 03:12)bsoriano Wrote: that label is a Kodi label, not Amber's label. If your Kodi language is set to Portuguese, then this should show up in Portuguese, unless the Portuguese translation for Kodi is incomplete/incorrect.
My Kodi language is set to Brazilian Portuguese. This is strange because in strings.po have a words to "remaining". Also, this specific word, "end time", is already translate, but is literally translated and not locally translated, you know?! For this I want to change it. And the portuguese translation for "end time" is different in Amber and in Estuary. Weirdo, right?

(2019-06-19, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote: I suppose you are using the Amber Skinshortcuts skin, not regular Amber.  Is this correct? If so, you need to place the "strings.po" file that you are modifying in a "resource.language.pt_br" folder, in the "language" folder of the skin.
Yes, I'm using skinshortcuts version. I'm already testing this way and getting this results.

(2019-06-19, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote: Do you use Windows or Mac? The free program POEdit is really good for working with .po files.  If you would like to use that, I can walk you through the steps to update the regular Amber strings.po file with the new Amber Skinshortcuts strings, and seeing which strings need translating so you can do that.  Just let me know.  Thanks.
I use windows.
Just to you know, what I did was:
Copy the old pt_br strings.po translation and new en_gb strings.po file to this site https://www.diffnow.com/compare-clips (to compare the difference) and when I found a new word I put it in pt_br strings.po. The words that I know translate I translate and those I don't I keep msgstr "" empty.
And yes, I want translate, what I could, but I don't want start from scratch!
Thanks!
(2019-06-19, 04:10)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-06-19, 03:12)bsoriano Wrote: that label is a Kodi label, not Amber's label. If your Kodi language is set to Portuguese, then this should show up in Portuguese, unless the Portuguese translation for Kodi is incomplete/incorrect.
My Kodi language is set to Brazilian Portuguese. This is strange because in strings.po have a words to "remaining". Also, this specific word, "end time", is already translate, but is literally translated and not locally translated, you know?! For this I want to change it. And the portuguese translation for "end time" is different in Amber and in Estuary. Weirdo, right?
(2019-06-19, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote: I suppose you are using the Amber Skinshortcuts skin, not regular Amber.  Is this correct? If so, you need to place the "strings.po" file that you are modifying in a "resource.language.pt_br" folder, in the "language" folder of the skin.
Yes, I'm using skinshortcuts version. I'm already testing this way and getting this results.
(2019-06-19, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote: Do you use Windows or Mac? The free program POEdit is really good for working with .po files.  If you would like to use that, I can walk you through the steps to update the regular Amber strings.po file with the new Amber Skinshortcuts strings, and seeing which strings need translating so you can do that.  Just let me know.  Thanks.
I use windows.
Just to you know, what I did was:
Copy the old pt_br strings.po translation and new en_gb strings.po file to this site https://www.diffnow.com/compare-clips (to compare the difference) and when I found a new word I put it in pt_br strings.po. The words that I know translate I translate and those I don't I keep msgstr "" empty.
And yes, I want translate, what I could, but I don't want start from scratch!
Thanks! 
@edjalmo, perhaps Estuary is using a different Kodi label for end time.

As for POEdit, you don't have to start from scratch.  You open the strings.po you have been modifying, and then you tell it to update from the Amber with Skinshortcuts English strings.po, and it will show you which new strings need to be translated.  It is one of the easiest ways to complete a translation, and to update it as I add/change strings before releasing the skin.

Regards,

Bart
Is it just me but I cannot download from GitHub - it rolls "downloading..." but nothing happens?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia with Skinshortcuts1