• 34(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-07-23, 20:58)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-22, 23:54)bsoriano Wrote: Are you sure this was a skin function and not an addon doing this? I will nevertheless take a look at the Isengard/Jarvis skin code.
@bsoriano, I can not assure you 100% but from memory, the image of the album being played changed sides with a little animation.
That's why it would be nice to find this style of animation for the display of an album being played.

(2019-07-23, 16:40)edjalmo Wrote: My suggestions is make the name of wallpaper be clickable, if the "show background name in home window" is enable. Like, sometimes someone here ask "what movie is that?", and I go to library to show what is ˆˆ
@edjalmo, indeed, it's a good idea. It would also be nice to be able to display the background name in the title bar at the top left of the screen. 
@Cyberdom , I am not good at all with animations, so I might not be able to do this one.  

As for the second request, that might work well for the vertical menu, but not for the horizontal one, as the navigation might be difficult due to the widgets using Up for their navigation.  I will look into this.

Thanks for your requests!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-23, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , I am not good at all with animations, so I might not be able to do this one.
Too bad, thanks anyway.
(2019-07-23, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: As for the second request, that might work well for the vertical menu, but not for the horizontal one, as the navigation might be difficult due to the widgets using Up for their navigation.  I will look into this.
Thank you for the precision and for taking into account my request.
(2019-07-19, 23:26)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I know some of you miss the Jarvis shelves.  I wanted to take a moment to let you know that you can configure the same info that you had with the Jarvis shelves with the new Amber version.  One thing to keep in mind is to use the option "Show Two Shelves Together" when configuring your menu items, so that you get two different shelves shown at the same time, like the Jarvis shelves.  Also remember that shelf 1 will appear at the bottom, and shelf 2 at the top, so configure them as you wish them to appear.

So how do you find what was shown in the Jarvis shelves now to configure as shelves? Following is a list of the ones that do not have the same name now:

Jarvis: Recommended Movies --> New Amber: Default Shelves, Movies, In Progress Movies
Jarvis: Recommended Episodes --> New Amber: Default Shelves, Episodes, Recommended Episodes
Jarvis: Recommended Music Videos --> New Amber: Default Shelves, Music Videos, Most Played Music Videos
Jarvis: Recommended Albums --> New Amber: Most Played Albums
Jarvis: Addons --> New Amber: Default Shelves, Favourite Addons (remember to configure at least one of these in Amber Settings, Home Layout, Set Favourite Addons for Shelf.  If you do not have any configured, the option will not appear in Default Shelves)

The rest have self-explanatory names, for example what in the Jarvis shelves was Recent Movies, in Amber now is Recently Added Movies.  Similar for TV Shows, Episodes, etc. 

Also remember that you can change the name of any shelf that you configure to match your needs/preferences.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,

Bart

Hi mate, 

Thanks for the effort you put into the skin. Its really awesome. I found my Pi2 had updated to the latest Kodi version and my shelves had changed mid afternoon. I was able to get pretty much all of my Jarvis style shelves back (its great that we can customize them but its very cumbersome!). I used to have customized shelves which also got removed and Im in the process of getting these back. Is there a way to customise a shelf to point to a folder like we could in the previous version? (i.e. I have a HD and SD movies folder and I had a custom shelf for HD folder) Ive managed to get around this by adding the folder to my Favourites and adding the shelf that way. One problem with this approach however, is that I cant seem to change the background to one of the defaults. There is nowhere to navigate to "//special/movies.jpg" etc on the Pi2 at least.
(2019-07-24, 00:27)Piranha2004 Wrote:

I know some of you miss the Jarvis shelves.  I wanted to take a moment to let you know that you can configure the same info that you had with the Jarvis shelves with the new Amber version.  One thing to keep in mind is to use the option "Show Two Shelves Together" when configuring your menu items, so that you get two different shelves shown at the same time, like the Jarvis shelves.  Also remember that shelf 1 will appear at the bottom, and shelf 2 at the top, so configure them as you wish them to appear.

So how do you find what was shown in the Jarvis shelves now to configure as shelves? Following is a list of the ones that do not have the same name now:

Jarvis: Recommended Movies --> New Amber: Default Shelves, Movies, In Progress Movies
Jarvis: Recommended Episodes --> New Amber: Default Shelves, Episodes, Recommended Episodes
Jarvis: Recommended Music Videos --> New Amber: Default Shelves, Music Videos, Most Played Music Videos
Jarvis: Addons --> New Amber: Default Shelves, Favourite Addons (remember to configure at least one of these in Amber Settings, Home Layout, Set Favourite Addons for Shelf.  If you do not have any configured, the option will not appear in Default Shelves)

The rest have self-explanatory names, for example what in the Jarvis shelves was Recent Movies, in Amber now is Recently Added Movies.  Similar for TV Shows, Episodes, etc. 

Also remember that you can change the name of any shelf that you configure to match your needs/preferences.

Regards,

Bart

Hi mate, 

Thanks for the effort you put into the skin. Its really awesome. I found my Pi2 had updated to the latest Kodi version and my shelves had changed mid afternoon. I was able to get pretty much all of my Jarvis style shelves back (its great that we can customize them but its very cumbersome!). I used to have customized shelves which also got removed and Im in the process of getting these back. Is there a way to customise a shelf to point to a folder like we could in the previous version? (i.e. I have a HD and SD movies folder and I had a custom shelf for HD folder) Ive managed to get around this by adding the folder to my Favourites and adding the shelf that way. One problem with this approach however, is that I cant seem to change the background to one of the defaults. There is nowhere to navigate to "//special/movies.jpg" etc on the Pi2 at least. 
@Piranha2004 , I am sorry you are having to redo the shelves.  As i had mentioned before, the default shelf configuration is what was default for Amber for Leia before 3.2.x.  I think the easiest way to get a shelf to point to a specific folder would be to create a movies smartplaylist that is based on a path, one for your HD and another one for your SD.  Then, configure the shelf to point to your playlist.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-24, 01:39)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 00:27)Piranha2004 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Hi mate, 

@Piranha2004 , I am sorry you are having to redo the shelves.  As i had mentioned before, the default shelf configuration is what was default for Amber for Leia before 3.2.x.  I think the easiest way to get a shelf to point to a specific folder would be to create a movies smartplaylist that is based on a path, one for your HD and another one for your SD.  Then, configure the shelf to point to your playlist.

Regards,

Bart 

No need to be sorry! It was fun to see the new configs available. Thanks for the feedback on the shelf. Is there a way to choose the default background?
Hiya to all.  I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I've just recently discovered on my systems.  I have two machines running 18.3 and Amber (I have a third which I haven't tested yet).  One machine is running Win7 and the other is running Win10.  Both have the same settings and use a SQL library.  On my main machine, after a few minutes and a couple of tv episodes, the screen just went blank.  I can see the "frame" borders where the menus would normally be, but no menus.  I can hear key-presses but I can't see what I'm doing.  I tried hitting "exit" a bunch of times to return to the main menu but once I got there (I'm assuming I got there), still nothing.  On a quick whim I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled since I have a backup of my settings.  Once everything was reinstalled everything seemed to be fine and then poof, all gone again after a couple of tv shows.  I pulled up my second machine which is a relatively fresh install (only a couple of months old) and after a few minutes of use, I lost the menus on that machine as well.  Part of the reason that I love Kodi (and previously XBMC) was it's ease of use and the fact that it just worked "out of the box" with little know how or setup frustrations.  I'm looking for help with this issue and would love some guidance as to how to proceed.  Please let me know what I need to upload (and where please) so that I can get this figured out. Thanks in advance for any and all help that you all are willing to give and I look forward to working with you.
(2019-07-24, 00:27)Piranha2004 Wrote: One problem with this approach however, is that I cant seem to change the background to one of the defaults. There is nowhere to navigate to "//special/movies.jpg" etc on the Pi2 at least. 
(2019-07-24, 01:49)Piranha2004 Wrote: Is there a way to choose the default background? 
For my part, I use Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV and a Raspberry Pi 3. I would also like to know how to access the default backgrounds for a new menu item for example.
(2019-07-24, 10:40)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 00:27)Piranha2004 Wrote: One problem with this approach however, is that I cant seem to change the background to one of the defaults. There is nowhere to navigate to "//special/movies.jpg" etc on the Pi2 at least. 
(2019-07-24, 01:49)Piranha2004 Wrote: Is there a way to choose the default background? 
For my part, I use Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV and a Raspberry Pi 3. I would also like to know how to access the default backgrounds for a new menu item for example.

@Cyberdom , @Piranha2004 , I don’t know much about Linux. I think, at least on a Raspberry Pi running something like LibreELEC, the skin should be located in storage/.kodi/addons/skin.amber, and the default backgrounds are in the backgrounds folder of the skin. I don’t know if you can browse to that folder when you try to change the background to a menu item. Perhaps you need to enable to look at hidden folders in Kodi.

For Android (nVidia Shield TV), the skin should be in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.amber. Again, I think you will need to enable in Kodi to view hidden files and folders.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-24, 06:36)ericcow Wrote: Hiya to all.  I'm hoping someone can help me with an issue I've just recently discovered on my systems.  I have two machines running 18.3 and Amber (I have a third which I haven't tested yet).  One machine is running Win7 and the other is running Win10.  Both have the same settings and use a SQL library.  On my main machine, after a few minutes and a couple of tv episodes, the screen just went blank.  I can see the "frame" borders where the menus would normally be, but no menus.  I can hear key-presses but I can't see what I'm doing.  I tried hitting "exit" a bunch of times to return to the main menu but once I got there (I'm assuming I got there), still nothing.  On a quick whim I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled since I have a backup of my settings.  Once everything was reinstalled everything seemed to be fine and then poof, all gone again after a couple of tv shows.  I pulled up my second machine which is a relatively fresh install (only a couple of months old) and after a few minutes of use, I lost the menus on that machine as well.  Part of the reason that I love Kodi (and previously XBMC) was it's ease of use and the fact that it just worked "out of the box" with little know how or setup frustrations.  I'm looking for help with this issue and would love some guidance as to how to proceed.  Please let me know what I need to upload (and where please) so that I can get this figured out. Thanks in advance for any and all help that you all are willing to give and I look forward to working with you.

@ericcow , this is not something I have seen before. The best way to start looking at what the problem might be is for you to post a debug log from when the problem occurs. Follow the instructions given here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-23, 16:40)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-21, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

As you might have noticed from the first post, I have completed my To-Do list for Amber.  So at this time, the skin has all of the functionality I initially wanted it to have.  

Now it is time for feature requests.  I would like you to submit any and all feature requests you might have for the skin.  I cannot promise I will do them all, but I will consider each one carefully, and I will answer each post.

Some of my own ideas to add are the following:

• Movie and TV show suggestions based on watched items (this as a widget)
  • Similar movies/tv shows to the current item (I am thinking in the info dialog for a movie or tv show)
  • Jump to letter in media views (useful for large collections)

What do you think? Please share your feedback and requests.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart     
First, congratulations again! Smile
My suggestions is make the name of wallpaper be clickable, if the "show background name in home window" is enable. Like, sometimes someone here ask "what movie is that?", and I go to library to show what is ˆˆ
Quote:Similar movies/tv shows to the current item (I am thinking in the info dialog for a movie or tv show)
This will be below the cast? Like, the info dialog will show exactly like we saw now, but if we scroll down we will saw similar movies/tv show? This sounds good to me.
Also, could you put this thing optional? I say that because I use a low powered device and have afraid that this affect performance.

Update the screenshots that came with skin and put they in a slideshow in first post to attract more people. Skin is a visual thing and this is the first thing I see when search for a skin.

Regards! 
@edjalmo , while I did not find a way I could open the info dialog of a movie/tv show when you click on the title that is shown in the home window as background, what I can do is open my custom search window with the title as the search term, which will bring up the movie/tv show as one of the results, and there you can press I to see info about it.  Another advantage is that not only will you have the movie/tv show as one of the results, but you will also have YouTube videos about that movie/tv show as results as well.

Please let me know if this is an agreeable compromise and I will include it in the skin.  I already tested it (only for the horizontal menu at this time) and it works really well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-24, 16:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-23, 16:40)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-21, 18:59)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

As you might have noticed from the first post, I have completed my To-Do list for Amber.  So at this time, the skin has all of the functionality I initially wanted it to have.  

Now it is time for feature requests.  I would like you to submit any and all feature requests you might have for the skin.  I cannot promise I will do them all, but I will consider each one carefully, and I will answer each post.

Some of my own ideas to add are the following:

• Movie and TV show suggestions based on watched items (this as a widget)
  • Similar movies/tv shows to the current item (I am thinking in the info dialog for a movie or tv show)
  • Jump to letter in media views (useful for large collections)

What do you think? Please share your feedback and requests.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart      
First, congratulations again! Smile
My suggestions is make the name of wallpaper be clickable, if the "show background name in home window" is enable. Like, sometimes someone here ask "what movie is that?", and I go to library to show what is ˆˆ
Quote:Similar movies/tv shows to the current item (I am thinking in the info dialog for a movie or tv show)
This will be below the cast? Like, the info dialog will show exactly like we saw now, but if we scroll down we will saw similar movies/tv show? This sounds good to me.
Also, could you put this thing optional? I say that because I use a low powered device and have afraid that this affect performance.

Update the screenshots that came with skin and put they in a slideshow in first post to attract more people. Skin is a visual thing and this is the first thing I see when search for a skin.

Regards!  
@edjalmo , while I did not find a way I could open the info dialog of a movie/tv show when you click on the title that is shown in the home window as background, what I can do is open my custom search window with the title as the search term, which will bring up the movie/tv show as one of the results, and there you can press I to see info about it.  Another advantage is that not only will you have the movie/tv show as one of the results, but you will also have YouTube videos about that movie/tv show as results as well.

Please let me know if this is an agreeable compromise and I will include it in the skin.  I already tested it (only for the horizontal menu at this time) and it works really well.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
I think this is good too. But I think show the info dialog directly is better.
I saw this functionality in Arctic: Zephyr 2. Maybe you can see how he did this there.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-24, 18:34)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 16:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-23, 16:40)edjalmo Wrote: First, congratulations again! Smile

Regards!  

Regards,

Bart    
I saw this functionality in Arctic: Zephyr 2. Maybe you can see how he did this there.   
@edjalmo , are you sure about Arctic:Zephyr 2? What steps did you follow to get that? What menu/widget configuration did you use in that skin?

If you leave Arctic:Zephyr 2 at its default settings, the background you see is actually a widget, and when you press Up from any menu item you get basic info on the background, and you can press I to get the video info dialog for that item.  Is this what you saw? if it is, that is not something I will do, since it would mean some serious re-write of the widgets code, which is complex as it is already.

Thanks in advance for providing me with additional details.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-24, 18:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 18:34)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 16:28)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , while I did not find a way I could open the info dialog of a movie/tv show when you click on the title that is shown in the home window as background, what I can do is open my custom search window with the title as the search term, which will bring up the movie/tv show as one of the results, and there you can press I to see info about it.  Another advantage is that not only will you have the movie/tv show as one of the results, but you will also have YouTube videos about that movie/tv show as results as well.

Regards,

Bart  
@edjalmo , are you sure about Arctic:Zephyr 2? What steps did you follow to get that? What menu/widget configuration did you use in that skin? Thanks in advance for providing me with additional details.

Regards,

Bart     

When you're in this part

if you click the up button it will show that

If you click enter you go to info dialog of movie.
(2019-07-24, 18:38)bsoriano Wrote: If you leave Arctic:Zephyr 2 at its default settings, the background you see is actually a widget, and when you press Up from any menu item you get basic info on the background, and you can press I to get the video info dialog for that item.  Is this what you saw?

Oh, I did not know this was a widget. So it's much different, right?
(2019-07-24, 18:46)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 18:38)bsoriano Wrote: If you leave Arctic:Zephyr 2 at its default settings, the background you see is actually a widget, and when you press Up from any menu item you get basic info on the background, and you can press I to get the video info dialog for that item.  Is this what you saw?

Oh, I did not know this was a widget. So it's much different, right? 
@edjalmo , yes, it is very different, and to replicate that in Amber it would mean some heavy lifting with the widgets code, which is complex as it is now.  I would not be taking that on at this time.

Regards,

Bart
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5