• 37(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2019-07-26, 00:37)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , @Cyberdom , I have added the option to display the fanart title in the Top Bar or in a frame below.  In Amber Settings, Backgrounds there is a new option "Place Background Name in Top Bar".  Set this to Yes for the title to appear in the Top Bar.  The changes are only in the Leia branch of the skin's GitHub repo.  I will not put in the Amber repo until the feature is finalized.  Please download from Git, test, and provide me with your feedback.  Thanks.

@edjalmo , I tried a lot to get the button to have the background image be dynamic according to the width of the title, but I could not get this to look all right; longer names would always stretch beyond the background image.  Thus, I used a fixed width background image, that I know does not look the best.  The color of the image and of the text might not be what you had envisioned, and the size and position either.  All of those can be changed, feel free to provide your suggestions (if possible, send me specific colors in Kodi format, sizes and positions). 

Just so that you are aware, I did not find how to change make the font bold if the button is focused vs. not focused, or how to change the font size when the button is focused vs. not focused.  My compromise was to make the button label color the highlight color when the button is focused.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
I see!
Yeah, fixed width for background image frame don't look good. I have an ideia to fix the dinamic thing you said, don't know if is possible to make.
I remember you saying that <auto> is possible is some places. Is not possible to create a container, or group (I don't know the nomeclature) and put backgroud text inside?
Is something like that
xml:

<main group>
  <the frame image>
  <height min="X" max="X" >xxx</height>
  <width min="X" max="X">auto</width>
     <background text group>
     <height>xxx</height>
     <width>auto</width>
     <variable>text</variable>
     </background text group>
</main group>
The min and max is just for text not touch the frame (like you already do).
Assuming this is possible, this way movies with big sizes titles will have a big size frame and don't look so good. A possible solution for this is increase frame height in this cases, so
xml:

<main group>
  <height>2 (space of two lines)</height>
     <second group>
     <the frame image>
     <height min="X" max="X">auto</height>
        <background text group>
        <height>xxx</height>
        <width>auto</width>
        </background text group>
     </second group>
</main group>
I hope I made myself undestand.

My idea is jut to put it in bold, not change it when select, so this is good to me.
I think color and fount could be the same of the menu (movies, tv shows...), and I think it's already.

About the font: first I thinked it is small, but then I changed it for top bar and I saw that both have the same size (I think), so I think the font in frame look small because the frame height is small. I think the best frame height size is something close to height size of top bar.
In both places move the text just a little to the right so it doesn't get too close to the wall.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
(2019-07-26, 15:21)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 00:37)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , @Cyberdom , I have added the option to display the fanart title in the Top Bar or in a frame below.  In Amber Settings, Backgrounds there is a new option "Place Background Name in Top Bar".  Set this to Yes for the title to appear in the Top Bar.  The changes are only in the Leia branch of the skin's GitHub repo.  I will not put in the Amber repo until the feature is finalized.  Please download from Git, test, and provide me with your feedback.  Thanks.

@edjalmo , I tried a lot to get the button to have the background image be dynamic according to the width of the title, but I could not get this to look all right; longer names would always stretch beyond the background image.  Thus, I used a fixed width background image, that I know does not look the best.  The color of the image and of the text might not be what you had envisioned, and the size and position either.  All of those can be changed, feel free to provide your suggestions (if possible, send me specific colors in Kodi format, sizes and positions). 

Just so that you are aware, I did not find how to change make the font bold if the button is focused vs. not focused, or how to change the font size when the button is focused vs. not focused.  My compromise was to make the button label color the highlight color when the button is focused.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
I see!
Yeah, fixed width for background image frame don't look good. I have an ideia to fix the dinamic thing you said, don't know if is possible to make.
I remember you saying that <auto> is possible is some places. Is not possible to create a container, or group (I don't know the nomeclature) and put backgroud text inside?
Is something like that
xml:

<main group>
  <the frame image>
  <height min="X" max="X" >xxx</height>
     <background text group>
     <height>xxx</height>
     <width>auto</width>
     </background text group>
</main group>
The min and max is just for text not touch the frame (like you already do).
Assuming this is possible, this way movies with big sizes titles will have a big size frame and don't look so good. A possible solution for this is increase frame height in this cases, so
xml:

<main group>
  <height>2 (space of two lines)</height>
     <second group>
     <the frame image>
     <height min="X" max="X">auto</height>
        <background text group>
        <height>xxx</height>
        <width>auto</width>
        </background text group>
     </second group>
</main group>
I hope I made myself undestand.

My idea is jut to put it in bold, not change it when select, so this is good to me.
I think color and fount could be the same of the menu (movies, tv shows...), and I think it's already.

About the font: first I thinked it is small, but then I changed it for top bar and I saw that both have the same size (I think), so I think the font in frame look small because the frame height is small. I think the best frame height size is the same height size of top bar.
In both places move the text just a little to the right so it doesn't get too close to the wall. 
@edjalmo , unfortunately, most of what you suggest is not possible.  The only controls that can have an "auto" width (there is no auto height), as far as I know, are labels and buttons.  I tried with the button, but that is when I ran into longer titles always going beyond the background image.  

I can change the size of the frame image to be that of the top bar, and I can offset the text more to the right.  However, the issue of the background frame not being dynamic will remain.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-26, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: unfortunately, most of what you suggest is not possible.  The only controls that can have an "auto" width (there is no auto height), as far as I know, are labels and buttons.  I tried with the button, but that is when I ran into longer titles always going beyond the background image.
Right!
But if you put just width in auto and put text inside this group the text will pass the frame anyway?
(2019-07-26, 15:44)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 15:36)bsoriano Wrote: unfortunately, most of what you suggest is not possible.  The only controls that can have an "auto" width (there is no auto height), as far as I know, are labels and buttons.  I tried with the button, but that is when I ran into longer titles always going beyond the background image.
Right!
But if you put just width in auto and put text inside this group the text will pass the frame anyway? 
@edjalmo , yes it will.  I think we have only two choices here: Fixed-width frame image, or no frame at all, but in the same place below the top bar.  Please check what I have now on Git and let me know if you prefer it like that.  Thanks.
(2019-07-25, 22:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 21:21)Cyberdom Wrote: Indeed, I also noticed that.
It would be nice when something is playing in the background, for example while listening to a song, that the title of the song replaces the title of the background image.

something else, with the Tvheaend HTSP Client add-on, I use 2 shelves. One for the latest TV channels watched and another for TV recordings. I noticed that when I erase a TV recording from the TV recordings shelf, the shelf of the most recently viewed TV channels no longer appears. I have to restart Kodi so that this shelf is displayed again.
By displaying 2 shelves together, this problem seems to be solved.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately, I have no way of replicating the issue you mention, as I do not have a PVR client that can do recordings.  Could you please post the link here to a debug log of when the issue happens? You can follow the instructions here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy.  That way I can check to see if there is anything particular or if there is any error when the issue happens.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart     
Thank you for your answer @bsoriano.

According to your link to create a log file, you need a keyboard (I only have a remote control) and create a file "advancedsettings.xml". It seems a little complicated.

In fact, as I explained, when I delete a TV recording, the TV recordings shelf is empty but remains displayed. Then, more way to access the last TV channels watched shelf.

In previous versions of Amber, when the TV recordings shelf was empty, it was hidden and left room for the last TV channels watched shelf.

As I said above, by displaying 2 shelves at the same time, the TV recordings shelf is better managed and disappears when it is empty.

Thanks again for keeping us informed about everything you do for Amber.
(2019-07-26, 18:11)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 22:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 21:21)Cyberdom Wrote: Indeed, I also noticed that.
It would be nice when something is playing in the background, for example while listening to a song, that the title of the song replaces the title of the background image.

something else, with the Tvheaend HTSP Client add-on, I use 2 shelves. One for the latest TV channels watched and another for TV recordings. I noticed that when I erase a TV recording from the TV recordings shelf, the shelf of the most recently viewed TV channels no longer appears. I have to restart Kodi so that this shelf is displayed again.
By displaying 2 shelves together, this problem seems to be solved.
@Cyberdom , thanks for the feedback.  Unfortunately, I have no way of replicating the issue you mention, as I do not have a PVR client that can do recordings.  Could you please post the link here to a debug log of when the issue happens? You can follow the instructions here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy.  That way I can check to see if there is anything particular or if there is any error when the issue happens.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart      
Thank you for your answer @bsoriano.

According to your link to create a log file, you need a keyboard (I only have a remote control) and create a file "advancedsettings.xml". It seems a little complicated.

In fact, as I explained, when I delete a TV recording, the TV recordings shelf is empty but remains displayed. Then, more way to access the last TV channels watched shelf.

In previous versions of Amber, when the TV recordings shelf was empty, it was hidden and left room for the last TV channels watched shelf.

As I said above, by displaying 2 shelves at the same time, the TV recordings shelf is better managed and disappears when it is empty.

Thanks again for keeping us informed about everything you do for Amber. 
@Cyberdom , thanks for the additional detail, perhaps I did not quite understand before.  I will try to replicate this with other types of shelves.  Which one is Shelf 1 for you, the last tv channels watched or the recordings one?

Regards,

Bart
Hello all,

I have added (only on Git right now, Leia branch) an alphabet strip to the media views (video and audio), so you can quickly jump to a letter to find the movie, etc. that you are looking for.  This feature is using @sualfred 's wonderful Embuary Helper script.  Some important details:

1. You need to enable this in Amber Settings, General: Enable Alphabet Strip.
2. When it is enabled, in all views except Fanart, you get to it by pressing Right from a list item or the rightmost item.  If you press right again, you will go the view's scrollbar.
3. In Fanart view, the alphabet strip is horizontal, and you get to it by pressing Down from an item (if Gallery is disabled).  If you press Down again, you will go to the view's scrollbar.
4. The alphabet strip does not have an item for numbers, the first item is "#" and it goes to the beginning of the list.

Again, this is only on the Leia branch in Git.  I will not include in the Amber repo until the feature is finalized.

Please download, test, and let me know your feedback.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-26, 16:30)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 15:44)edjalmo Wrote:
Right!
@edjalmo , yes it will.  I think we have only two choices here: Fixed-width frame image, or no frame at all, but in the same place below the top bar.  Please check what I have now on Git and let me know if you prefer it like that.  Thanks.  
If the frame don't work at all I think the best position is your original position.
I searched here in forum and find this (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...light=auto), this is the same thing we are trying?
(2019-07-26, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have added (only on Git right now, Leia branch) an alphabet strip to the media views (video and audio), so you can quickly jump to a letter to find the movie, etc. that you are looking for.  This feature is using @sualfred 's wonderful Embuary Helper script.  Some important details:

2. When it is enabled, in all views except Fanart, you get to it by pressing Right from a list item or the rightmost item.  If you press right again, you will go the view's scrollbar.
3. In Fanart view, the alphabet strip is horizontal, and you get to it by pressing Down from an item (if Gallery is disabled).  If you press Down again, you will go to the view's scrollbar.
4. The alphabet strip does not have an item for numbers, the first item is "#" and it goes to the beginning of the list.

Again, this is only on the Leia branch in Git.  I will not include in the Amber repo until the feature is finalized.

Regards,

Bart
Great function!

Suggestions
It's possible to navegate without press enter in the letter, just scrolling? And, if this is possible, can the scrolling pass not the letter that have no movie in library?
Hide the scrollbar icon when this is enable (unless we press right/down two times).
Disable too the option that if we press right 3 times we go to the left menu (the opposite don't happend).
Hello bsoriano, am enjoying the skin thank you , I have a small issue , as follows, I have media action set to "show info", works fine in "movies" ,however when selecting a tv series  from widget panel on home screen ( widgets shelf1, I have set to "recently added shows" , not episodes), the info screen pops up as in pic1 , but the browse button when pressed just returns to the home screen , it doesn't give me access to series then episodes. If I select the "extended info" button , I get the screen as in pic2 , which has an "open" option and that lets me get to choose series then episodes.
So can the "browse button be set to replicate the "extended info button action or can it be removed and the extended info button either left as it is or renamed to "browse" or "more" or whatever you deem most suitable ?
thank you.Or is there a way to open that extended info screen (pic2) when selecting a video with action set to 'show info" ?
P.S.  The extended info pic as you can see has the actor/actresses, posters populated , the default pic doesn't.ImageImage
(2019-07-26, 19:14)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 16:30)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 15:44)edjalmo Wrote: Right!
If the frame don't work at all I think the best position is your original position.
I searched here in forum and find this (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...light=auto), this is the same thing we are trying?

@edjalmo , what position are you referring to? Bottom left corner? If so, as it was originally (font, size, style)?

As for the forum thread you mention, it does not apply to our case, since the background for the button in that thread is a solid color, not an irregular image like the frame in our case.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-26, 19:42)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 19:07)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart
Great function!

Suggestions
It's possible to navegate without press enter in the letter, just scrolling? And, if this is possible, can the scrolling pass not the letter that have no movie in library?
Hide the scrollbar icon when this is enable (unless we press right/down two times).
Disable too the option that if we press right 3 times we go to the left menu (the opposite don't happend).
@edjalmo,

Your first request is not possible without, for me, massive amounts of code, so that is not something I will do.

I will see what I can do about the other two requests, they should be doable.

Regards,

Bart
Hmmm , more info on above , when using a default widget such as "unwatched tv shows" , the browse button works fine.
The "recently added tv shows" widget which is causing the issue is selected from - "additional shelves/skin helper widgets".
So its not a skin issue , I much prefer , "recently added shows" to "recently added episodes" as a main screen widget.
Still looking at the pics the extended info screen has picked up the posters instantly so is maybe preferable if its possible ?
(2019-07-26, 20:10)ontap Wrote: Hmmm , more info on above , when using a default widget such as "unwatched tv shows" , the browse button works fine.
The "recently added tv shows" widget which is causing the issue is selected from - "additional shelves/skin helper widgets".
So its not a skin issue , I much prefer , "recently added shows" to "recently added episodes" as a main screen widget.

@ontap,

I figured as much. There is a default widget for recently added tv shows, please use that. You can find it in Default Shelves, TV Shows, Recently Added TV shows. Browse will work fine with that one.

As for the cast icons, Extendedinfo gets them from the web, the default info dialog gets them from your library/database. If your scraper does not scrape actor images, they will not show in the info dialog.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-07-26, 20:05)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 19:14)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-26, 16:30)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , yes it will.  I think we have only two choices here: Fixed-width frame image, or no frame at all, but in the same place below the top bar.  Please check what I have now on Git and let me know if you prefer it like that.  Thanks.  

@edjalmo , what position are you referring to? Bottom left corner? If so, as it was originally (font, size, style)?

As for the forum thread you mention, it does not apply to our case, since the background for the button in that thread is a solid color, not an irregular image like the frame in our case.

Regards,

Bart  

Yes, is this position: bottom left corner, in same size, font, style.

I asked here if that thing we are thinking is possible.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5