• 110(current)
YouTube Plug-in Thread
jmh2002: In answer to your post, even though my post was to @anxdpanic. I read that section and it seems extremely short sighted and arbitrary of the Kodi devs. Done properly, as I'm sure @anxdpanic could do it, there would be no impact to Kodi at all. It could default to the new restrictions, but be able to be configured to satisfy other users needs. So if this can be done in seamlessly in code, it makes little sense that the Kodi devs feel the need for their control freak demands. But I doubt that's the whole story. I wouldn't be surprised if some of their demands are to try and force users to upgrade Kodi to the latest version. If I were @anxdpanic I might consider removing his excellent add-on from the official Kodi repo, which I'm sure the devs wouldn't like, just to make his life easier. After all, his add-on would still be available in other repos (it's probably one of the most replicated, in other repos.) And then it wouldn't be tied the the draconian Kodi devs. All I can say is more kudos to @anxdpanic for being willing to maintain two forks, and a BIG THUMBS DOWN to the stifling Kodi devs for their  ridiculous "rules."
Hi.

I've got a question regarding film\tv trailers.

For some reason this addon returns very little trailers when searching frm the film\tv show description window, sometimes none at all whereas there are many of them on the actual youtube site.

Is there some setting I could tweak to make youtube addon show more results for searching film tv trailers? Will making a personal API key help?

Thanx
Hey,

Suddenly my Youtube plugin is not playing livestream videos. Any ideas on what is happening? I am using 6.5 version on libreelec. This is my log.

https://dpaste.de/8WT5
(2019-07-27, 21:02)kifaranga Wrote: Hey,

Suddenly my Youtube plugin is not playing livestream videos. Any ideas on what is happening? I am using 6.5 version on libreelec. This is my log.

https://dpaste.de/8WT5

Looks like 6.5 doesn't do livestream due to youtube changes. anxdpanic is doing updates, try the alpha2 from the site. see if it fixes it till he releases the 6.5.1 to the release channel.

Jeff
Hi,

I Got v6.5.0 of the addon on Leia 18.3.

As of this moment,(+- 2 hours) you can't fastforward or backward on any youtube video.
No duration, like on a live stream.
Disabling MPEG-DASH fixes it, but i have always had it enabled earlier.
I am running into an issue where when I use MPEG-DASH, the video plays ('regular' videos, not live-streams), but the duration of the video is not displayed and I am unable to seek / skip.   When MPEG-DASH is disabled these functions work properly.  I tested with 6.5.0 and 6.5.1-alpha2. 

Has anyone else encountered this? any ideas?   I removed the add-on, deleted the add-on settings folder but still have the issue.  

Thanks
(2019-07-30, 03:38)dobbelina Wrote: Hi,

I Got v6.5.0 of the addon on Leia 18.3.

As of this moment,(+- 2 hours) you can't fastforward or backward on any youtube video.
No duration, like on a live stream.
Disabling MPEG-DASH fixes it, but i have always had it enabled earlier.
I can confirm this issue using addon version 6.5.0 on Kodi 18.3 Git:20190919-89472b7d69 on an nVidia Shield TV. Yes, disabling MPEEG-Dash does fix it, but I run into buffering issues with it disabled.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche
(2019-07-30, 03:54)wallacebw Wrote: I am running into an issue where when I use MPEG-DASH, the video plays ('regular' videos, not live-streams), but the duration of the video is not displayed and I am unable to seek / skip.   When MPEG-DASH is disabled these functions work properly.  I tested with 6.5.0 and 6.5.1-alpha2.
Same issue for me and same workaround did work.
Same issue here! Missing skip buttons.
Same here.
Also the configuration window is empty, so I can not disable mpeg-dash.
@Semela
iirc the trailers are provided by the scraper used, like tmbd/tvdb

I've updated post #2 and the repositories with 6.5.1~beta1
Downloads: https://github.com/jdf76/plugin.video.yo...t-versions
Code:
~beta1
[fix] unable to seek when using mpeg-dash
[fix] mpeg-dash video quality selection
[fix] signal endofdirectory in case of a provider navigation exception |contrib: enen92|

@dobbelina, @wallacebw, @linesma, @uuulbri, @druu, @Bigfood
With the above ~beta1 you should be able to seek when using mpeg-dash again.
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2019-07-30, 03:54)wallacebw Wrote: I am running into an issue where when I use MPEG-DASH, the video plays ('regular' videos, not live-streams), but the duration of the video is not displayed and I am unable to seek / skip.   When MPEG-DASH is disabled these functions work properly.  I tested with 6.5.0 and 6.5.1-alpha2. 

Has anyone else encountered this? any ideas?   I removed the add-on, deleted the add-on settings folder but still have the issue.  

Thanks

Same! Came here to post about this but found out I'm not the first. With MPEG-DASH enabled the vids play at 1080p, but the player can't determine the duration (and so the completion time as well) and as wallacebw stated there is no way to skip. With MPEG-DASH disabled the player detects duration and skips fine. Likewise tried with 6.5.0 and 6.5.1-alpha2 as well and behaviour is same on both. I should point out that I made no changes to my Kodi or addon settings, this just suddenly started happening a few days ago. I'm wondering if the Inputstream Adaptive addon got updated and is somehow broken, but I don't know how to tell when it was last updated.

I should also point out that I am running the YouTube addon on Leia 18.3 and SPMC 17.6a2 and the problem is the same with both, even though SPMC is using the Krypton player.

**UPDATE**

Just realized another symptom is that since Kodi doesn't know how long the video is it also doesn't know when the video has finished playing so it doesn't check off the video afterward as played. Even more important I also just realized that another problem with the addon I've been struggling with for a few days seems to be related. A few days ago (before I noticed the video-length issue) I started getting long waits before a video would start playing... up to ten minutes or more... or never. I've gone through dozens of possible causes... cable modem reboots, router configurations and reboots, DNS server changes, but nothing was solving it. Sometimes a YouTube video would play quickly, but most attempts would take 30s - 10m or more to begin playing. Once a video starts, even if it took a long time to play, it would play normally. On a sudden hunch I disabled MPEG-DASH in the YouTube addon, and voilà, videos start playing within a few seconds. This suggests to me that the latency, like the video duration problem, is related to MPEG-DASH negotiations.

**UPDATE 2**

Thanks dev for the quick response. I can confirm that beta 1 not only fixes the video duration problem, but also the video startup latency issue I was seeing. Cheers.
@arsMOBILIS
See the post before yours, 6.5.1~beta1 has a fix for not being able to seek when using mpeg-dash.
(2019-07-30, 19:23)arsMOBILIS Wrote: I should also point out that I am running the YouTube addon on Gaia 18.3 and SPMC 17.6a2

And I should point out that any reference to 3rd party add-ons that facilitate video piracy is not permitted on this forum as per forum rules (wiki).
Thanks @Klojum, I completely missed that
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread18