• 27(current)
Internet Archive Game Launcher
(2019-08-04, 12:10)abe786 Wrote: Box might be having permissions issue though as I'm running a custom ROM but i do have root. However I could not figure out how to give the permission to kodi since it does not ask? Can you give some pointers?

SuperSU or similar apps can elevate privileges for an app if you are the root user. I'm not an expert in this though, but google should point you in the right direction.
Okay here's the problem that I have I don't know why this happens but I'm on a firestick 4k and whenever I launch a game from iagl that's Nintendo related (SNES) instead of using the retroarch emulator I downloaded it switches to Kodi's own personal emulator and when it does that it makes the games sound extremely slow. What can I do to stop Kodi from using its own emulator? Also I can never get PlayStation to work on retroarch from Kodi.. Plus N64 and NES force closes when I try to start any game goes straight back to the list of games. PLEASE HELP!! I'm on Kodi 18.2 leia
Firstly thank you for all your hard work on this addon!!!

I just wanted to hopefully put a useful post here in case anyone else suffers from the same problem I have. It took me a good couple of days to work out as I couldn't find anyone with the same issue I had anywhere (Funnily enough straight after fixing it I saw someone has started a thread here that looks to be the same issue..!)

Basically if you have no input from any of your controllers (buttons not working) when launching games from within Kodi using IAGL but you do when launching from Retroarch standalone then change the 'Poll Type Behavior' under the Retroarch 'Input' settings to 'Early'.

As soon as I made this change and pressed a button on my gamepad I would get the nice yellow text at the bottom confirming it had been detected when running via IAGL whereas before I would get nothing and the only way I could exit was by holding the start button down which strangely crashed Retroarch instead of pulling up the menu.
I can't believe the fix was so simple as I really was trying anything & everything I could think of!

Note:
This might only affect N64 ROMS... I think PS1 and maybe other emulators/games worked fine without needing this setting changed but not 100% sure.

In case it is needed, my setup consists of the following:

Amazon Fire TV (Gen 2)
Amazon Fire TV Game Controller 
External USB storage (just a plain USB 2.0 16GB stick)

Thanks again Zach and everyone else involved with this sort of stuff. It really is an awesome addon for people like myself who just want to solely use Kodi to do pretty much everything. This definitely bridges a missing gap and makes everything look super nice.
Also, a special thanks for the FAQ notes regarding Android paths because without that I wouldn't have even been able to get the external USB storage working either! (non-rooted)
(2019-08-11, 21:52)CC330 Wrote: Basically if you have no input from any of your controllers (buttons not working) when launching games from within Kodi using IAGL but you do when launching from Retroarch standalone then change the 'Poll Type Behavior' under the Retroarch 'Input' settings to 'Early'.

Thanks for this info! I'm adding it to the FAQ
hi
installed the IGAL yesterday and tried to play some mario 64 with both of the provided emulators.
I can download the game and pick the emulator but then after seeing a pic of a controller, kodi 18.3 suddenly crashes...
is there a big or should i change some settings?
playing on w10...
ok, just read, that n64 and dreamcast need retroarch to work...  is this still correct?
(2019-08-18, 11:43)huberei Wrote: ok, just read, that n64 and dreamcast need retroarch to work...  is this still correct?
Correct. OpenGL cores do not work on Retroplayer, you need Retroach.
(2019-08-18, 13:19)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2019-08-18, 11:43)huberei Wrote: ok, just read, that n64 and dreamcast need retroarch to work...  is this still correct?
Correct. OpenGL cores do not work on Retroplayer, you need Retroach. 
thx a lot!
ok, its me again...
the n64 games still dont work. i have 18.3 incl. the IGAL-addon installed and the retroarch aswell.
but each time i try to start a n64-game, it downloads an then i get kicked back to the game-selection.

what could i possibly have done wrong?
Is there any way to enable joystick support with DOSBox? I'm using IAGL with an xbox 360 controller in libreelec on an intel nuc.
Hello,

the add-on ist working proberly. I can start C64 games, but I am not capable to start playing. I don't know which button I have to press. Can I play with keyboard or do I have to install a controller?
Which controller would be recommended?

Thanks
Markus
I really like the add-on, but I am running in so many issues with games/roms not being able to run, or extremely slowly.
Especially the DOSBox seems extremely picky.

My suggestion would be to always be able to use some external program for this.
At this moment it's only limited to FS-UAE, Project 64, Dolphin, MAME standalone, DEMUL and ePSXe
It would really help to make something like ROM launcher to add a custom external emulator to run at least all the game that are available.
(2019-09-07, 17:45)b_force Wrote: I really like the add-on, but I am running in so many issues with games/roms not being able to run, or extremely slowly.
Especially the DOSBox seems extremely picky.

My suggestion would be to always be able to use some external program for this.
At this moment it's only limited to FS-UAE, Project 64, Dolphin, MAME standalone, DEMUL and ePSXe
It would really help to make something like ROM launcher to add a custom external emulator to run at least all the game that are available.

After a game launches, then IAGL doesn't do anything - it's out of the loop so the slowness you're experiencing is going to happen regardless of IAGL.

For external emulators, you can use any emulator you like. See here.
(2019-08-07, 18:51)Fatheroftearsx Wrote: Okay here's the problem that I have I don't know why this happens but I'm on a firestick 4k and whenever I launch a game from iagl that's Nintendo related (SNES) instead of using the retroarch emulator I downloaded it switches to Kodi's own personal emulator and when it does that it makes the games sound extremely slow. What can I do to stop Kodi from using its own emulator? Also I can never get PlayStation to work on retroarch from Kodi.. Plus N64 and NES force closes when I try to start any game goes straight back to the list of games. PLEASE HELP!! I'm on Kodi 18.2 leia

Hey, I’m having exactly the same issue I’ve tried everything I can think of, have you had any luck fixing the issue??
Are there issues with the 2.1.2 update? I can’t get any of the n64 emulators to to open any roms anymore through IAGL and Retroarch and snes roms are defaulting to a list of downloadable emulators inside kodi when you click to play the rom through IAGL. Ive even tried to download the Emulator’s that kodi gives you but they are unplayable (slow and jerky) I’ve switched up emulators in retroarch and verifies rom paths. This was a working setup but now it’s missing two of my favorite systems. I’m on a firestick using kodi 18.2 IAGL 2.1.2
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet Archive Game Launcher6