• 17(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-09-01, 14:10)fandangos Wrote: Please try it with DXVA and also with Pixel Shader renderer and report if colors are correct. 

Tested version 2.5. The TV goes into HDR-mode. With DXVA colors are washed out/greyish. Ok with Pixel Shader. Tested local file and Emby.
(2019-09-01, 20:23)benq999 Wrote:
(2019-09-01, 14:10)fandangos Wrote: Please try it with DXVA and also with Pixel Shader renderer and report if colors are correct. 

Tested version 2.5. The TV goes into HDR-mode. With DXVA colors are washed out/greyish. Ok with Pixel Shader. Tested local file and Emby.

Finally!!
So for AMD use pixel shader for now Smile

How's Pixel Shader on your setup? Heavy on cpu? Or is it ok to use?

By the way, I have 1 good and 1 bad news.
Good news is that I'll be home during the weekends and not just once every 2 months.
Bad news is that during the weekend I can't test anything. I'll only have my notebook.

So I'll be able to work on my test hardware, 4k hdr TV and Nvidia gpu.
But only during the weekends. During the week I'll keep looking into sorting some bugs and looking into DXVA for AMD but it will be harder for me.
(2019-09-01, 21:26)fandangos Wrote: How's Pixel Shader on your setup? Heavy on cpu? Or is it ok to use?

A bit choppy playback. Possibly to heavy for this CPU?

Thanks for all your hard work so far.
@fandangos

I have tested version 2.5 and the PlayMedia bug is gone, everything seems ok again.

Only a small note; when I play a HDR video the TV shows ‘HDR mode’ right away and start playing, then, after a second or two, the screen goes black and the sound is gone for two seconds, after that the TV shows ‘HDR mode’ again and the video plays as expected. It’s not that annoying, only wanted you to know, since with MPC-BE player the same videos play well without that hiccup at the beginning. By the way, I play with the green team...

Thank you!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2019-09-02, 01:20)manfeed Wrote: @fandangos

I have tested version 2.5 and the PlayMedia bug is gone, everything seems ok again.

Only a small note; when I play a HDR video the TV shows ‘HDR mode’ right away and start playing, then, after a second or two, the screen goes black and the sound is gone for two seconds, after that the TV shows ‘HDR mode’ again and the video plays as expected. It’s not that annoying, only wanted you to know, since with MPC-BE player the same videos play well without that hiccup at the beginning. By the way, I play with the green team...

Thank you!

Interesting.
I have a 1080Ti here and have not experienced anything similar.

Do you have switch refresh to always? On or off?

By the way, found a RX 550 2GB for R$395 = 95 USD.

If this is really something that has a public to it and Kodi team feels this is ok to do so, I can put up a donation link in the first page but I don't want to break any rules and I don't think there are enough people interested in this since Madvr and many other way better solutions exist.
Just tested 2.5 @fandangos and it works on my AMD Ryzen… no crashing either! Thank you very much! 

It's late and need to get to bed so can't do an in-depth comparison of colours and playback performance, but HDR is activating for the five or so movies I've tried; i'll do a proper comparison tomorrow and report back. 

Am guessing you were you able to work out what was causing the crashing back to Windows?

Thank you again!
hdr works perfect here im on green team
(2019-09-02, 01:51)grandmastashi Wrote: Just tested 2.5 @fandangos and it works on my AMD Ryzen… no crashing either! Thank you very much! 

It's late and need to get to bed so can't do an in-depth comparison of colours and playback performance, but HDR is activating for the five or so movies I've tried; i'll do a proper comparison tomorrow and report back. 

Am guessing you were you able to work out what was causing the crashing back to Windows?

Thank you again!

That's really awesome to read! Smile)

Are you using pixel shader as renderer?
(2019-09-02, 01:30)fandangos Wrote:

Thank you!

Interesting.

If this is really something that has a public to it and Kodi team feels this is ok to do so, I can put up a donation link in the first page but I don't want to break any rules and I don't think there are enough people interested in this since Madvr and many other way better solutions exist.

You’re from Brazil! Are you on Media Brazil forums with @Wanilton and the crew?
(2019-09-02, 02:08)Cinephile Wrote:

Thank you!

Interesting.

You’re from Brazil! Are you on Media Brazil forums with @Wanilton and the crew?

I have signed up on that forum but I'm not part of any crew.

I often talk with Wanilton sharing results, asking for feedback and learning about Kodi's history since he's involved for much longer than I am.
(2019-09-02, 02:04)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-09-02, 01:51)grandmastashi Wrote: Just tested 2.5 @fandangos and it works on my AMD Ryzen… no crashing either! Thank you very much! 

Thank you again!

That's really awesome to read! Smile)

Are you using pixel shader as renderer? 

Yep have set it to that. As soon as I have a free moment this evening i'll do some more testing and comparisons.
I'll happily give you a few quid to help get this working on AMD cards.
Ok I've looked into Kodi rules and it seems it is allowed.
I've never done something like this before so I'll give it a go.

I'm at work and I'll put a donation link when I get home.

But please, remember I can only work with my 4k hdr TV during the weekends. I'm staying during the week at an Airbnb in another city.
So this might take a few weekends to solve.

Thank you!

Interesting.

Switch resfresh to always on. If I set it to off the issue is less evident. I have done more testing, and noticed that some videos don't have that issue no matter how switch refresh is set. The most problematic ones are, for instance, these two test videos:

https://4kmedia.org/lg-new-york-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/

https://4kmedia.org/lg-chess-hdr-demo/

But, as I said before, it's not that important, I can live with it... Wink

Thanks for your work!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
I'll download those during the weekend and see what happens.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9