• 591(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-09-04, 17:53)fireba11 Wrote: Something auto-updated today causing the whole menu to reset to defaults.
For now i'll restore my backup and disably auto-updating plugins, you got any idea what might cause this and how to prevent it (or restore my carefully crafted menu afterwards)?

oh never mind i just red some more backlog and found it's a general issue and how to work around it :-D

Read preevious posts https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2882520
(2019-09-04, 17:56)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-09-04, 17:42)epicfail Wrote: No, i meant an option to hide or show the watched movies in the standard widgets. Like the skin helper addon

The Skin Helper Widget is from an add-on and can dynamically set the contents. Smart Playlist are just a list and cannot be changed without altering them.

If you want to customize the playlists then make your own. That is what they are for. 

Hi!
Actually there is an workaround for this. @bsoriano found it and add to Amber skin!
I don't know explain to you how it work, but I think this commit can help.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (inscribed in large friendly letters)
My hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3b (with LibreELEC)
I did everything I could, but the iptv control menu does not work for me. There is a menu, but it is not possible to use it
(2019-09-04, 18:35)edjalmo Wrote: Hi!
Actually there is an workaround for this. @bsoriano found it and add to Amber skin!
I don't know explain to you how it work, but I think this commit can help.

He is not changing them dynamically he is using a skin setting to point to a different playlist. The exact same thing you would be doing if you made your own and chose that as the widget only I don't have to add code for it or figure out where to put the setting or have to be asked to add everyone else's preferred playlist option.

Where is his setting and does it work for every Widget or just some of them? How does the user know which Widget it works for and those that it does not?

(2019-09-04, 18:39)Fussball Wrote: I did everything I could, but the iptv control menu does not work for me. There is a menu, but it is not possible to use it

You didn't do everything you could.

You didn't provide the file I asked for and you could provide a debug log (wiki) if you felt inclined to do so.
(2019-09-04, 19:02)mikeSiLVO Wrote:  
@mikeSiLVO , you are correct, all I did is point to a different playlist, for some of the "Recently added" and "Recently Played" default widgets that I provide in Amber.  I added a setting in Skin Settings that enables this.

Regards,

Bart
@mikeSiLVO 

Just been told version 7.0.5 update is available, should I ignore this and wait for 7.0.6?

Does anybody know where I can find overrides.xml on Android please? I'm using ES Explorer on my NVidia Shield amd have Display settings / Show hidden files enabled but can't seem to find it.
Sorry it's okay. I found it. Panic a little as didnt think it had worked after reboot but then menus rebuilt and former menus popped.

Keep up the good work Mike
Ok v7.0.6 & v7.9.2 were pushed to Kodi repo so hopefully this whole debacle will be over.
(2019-09-04, 21:47)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Ok v7.0.6 & v7.9.2 were pushed to Kodi repo so hopefully this whole debacle will be over.

Thanks

Understand 7.0.6, what's 7.9.2?
(2019-09-04, 21:50)Jeffers24 Wrote: Thanks

Understand 7.0.6, what's 7.9.2?

v7.9.2 is for Kodi v19 Matrix
First of all, Thank you for the skin. Works great! But for the love of sanity, please please stop messing around with it. every few weeks there is a bloody update, and when it updates all it does is messes with the kodi build! I am for ever having to keep doing a damn fresh install of a kodi build because of these updates!
(2019-09-04, 22:59)fhishblood Wrote: First of all, Thank you for the skin. Works great! But for the love of sanity, please please stop messing around with it. every few weeks there is a bloody update, and when it updates all it does is messes with the kodi build! I am for ever having to keep doing a damn fresh install of a kodi build because of these updates!

First of all what exactly do you mean by build?
Secondly, why would you need to "keep doing a damn fresh install" when I update the skin?

Also, if I am not mistaken here, you are actually telling me not to update my skin?
That seems like a silly thing to say, no?

Sounds like you don't know what you're doing and might need some guidance or something.

Could that be the case here?
Just checked Kodi repo and the new versions are there now.

Should just need to check for updates manually if you don't see it but in some locations it may take time to populate through the mirrors.

Only got up to ~42,000 downloads so not too many complaints considering. I expected worse but only got 1 comment that peeved me a smidge...
I'm trying to update to 7.0.6, but when I do I get a totally black screen.  After I kill Kodi and restart it reverts back to my previous version.  What can I do to get the skin to update?
  • 591(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55