• 607(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2019-09-27, 01:34)BobCratchett Wrote: Sounds like something you could do easily in your overrides if you want...

Code:
<node label="Library Nodes">
    <node label="Video Library">
        <content>video</content>
    </node>
    <node label="Music Library">
        <content>music</content>
    </node>
</node>

Yep I did it slightly differently though and also ||VIDEO||videodb://movies/genres/ works perfectly.

Thanks Bob!
(2019-09-27, 01:33)brazen1 Wrote: I've just installed the latest GIT.  I chose the 'Showcase' view in my music library.  I went to adjust settings for 'Showcase' and all I have is Top bar, Fixed, and Cases.  There is no Open Case Mod?  Fwiw, in Movies library all this is present and working.  Nothing in Music.

In the GIT I had installed from about a week ago, I was using 'Shift' and I had sliding disc art options if I remember correctly.  There are no options other than 'Top bar' now in that view.

Using Matrix if that matters.

You sure you're in Albums and not Artists view? No reason to have open cases for artists Wink

Never had sliding discart option in Shift view it just always showed it if discart was available...
I see.  I thought it would behave like Movie Sets and albums for an artist would populate with disc.png's into the open case.  I didn't like how the main menu for Music is.  When you select it from the main menu, it opens a new window that you get to choose from.  I wanted to simplify it to open directly to a library so I changed the main menu shortcut to Artists.  In the main menu submenu for Artists, I added back the original shortcut in the event I wanted to use any of those options.  So I can still access 'Albums' now that I know the mod is for that sort and how it works.

Thank you.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-27, 02:09)brazen1 Wrote: I see.  I thought it would behave like Movie Sets and albums for an artist would populate with disc.png's.  I didn't like how the main menu for Music is.  When you select it from the main menu, it opens a new window that you get to choose from.  I wanted to simplify it to open directly to a library so I changed the main menu shortcut to Artists.  In the main menu submenu for Artists, I added back the original shortcut in the event I wanted to use any of those options.  So I can still access 'Albums' now that I know the mod is for that view and how it works.

Thank you.

Hmm...
It never occurred to me to do that, I'll see if it possible and add it if I can.
Smile
I didn't mean to get wheels turning...

I usually use 'Shift' anyway.  I just wanted to take you up on your offer to try and break the open case mod cuz I'm real good about breaking stuff.  Just get it near me.  LoL.  However, the album disc.png's populating an artist case would be cool, especially if you offered it for 'Shift' view.  Personally I have never cared for 'Showcase' views in this or any other skin.  I think it's how my brain and eyes work.  I always seem to be anticipating the next title instead of the focused one and 'Showcase' makes that pretty much impossible.  If the animation was in Shift, I'd be sort of forced to concentrate on it which is ok.  To fine tune that brain fart I have, decreasing the wait time to 1 sec or even 0 as options that currently are at 2 secs, would improve things imo.  That's if your wheels are turning enough for interest.

I wanted to take time to let you know we all notice the remarkable effort you put into options and maintenance here.  I originally chose to use this skin because at the time, this was the only decent Matrix compatible skin that met many of my desires.  Now that others have stepped up, I can't think of a thing they offer to pull me away.  Not that they aren't worthy, just that this skin of yours has truly captivated me.  I didn't edit this in to butter you up for more work to hand us.  I really want you to know how much you are appreciated for making this front ends look and feel a pleasure and completing my home theatre experience.  You more than deserve that break you want and all of us support it.  Thank you for sharing this with us and your interactions.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1 Not looking like it is possible. Can't find any reference to getting album discart for artists.

Nothing in the JSON RPC wiki says it can return that and no other helper scripts seem to have that option.
Might have to make a feature request to @DaveBlake, if it is even possible...

I can add a 1 second option but instant won't work. That isn't possible without really messing up the animations.
@flhthemi Please test latest from git for browsing genres and any other paths for Main Menu items that you feel like adding.

@brazen1 Latest from Git adds 1 second mod time and an option in MyFlix to disable the front case but keep the OpenCase mod if you like that sort of thing.
@Karellen did you delete your post or is something weird going on?
@mikeSiLVO

Sorry, yes I deleted my post. I thought I found an issue with discart and and movie sets that needed two or more movies for discart to work, but turned out to be coincidental that those movies had no discart, thus no movie set discart.

Thought I deleted it before anybody saw it. I'll just strike-through next time.

This is what I wrote.

@mikeSiLVO

I updated my main kodi install with your wip skin on git.

The discart for movie sets. If the set contains 1 movie only, no discart is displayed. Two or more movies in the set are required.

I don't have script.skin.info.service installed, but should I have the floor visible or will that become visible when media icons are displayed?

Thanks

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-09-27, 06:40)Karellen Wrote: @mikeSiLVO

Sorry, yes I deleted my post. I thought I found an issue with discart and and movie sets that needed two or more movies for discart to work, but turned out to be coincidental that those movies had no discart, thus no movie set discart.

Thought I deleted it before anybody saw it. I'll just strike-through next time.

I saw it cause I got an email Wink

The mediaflags do require skin info service so I will hide that option when not installed.

I had made Skin Info a requirement for the floor but now it will work without that installed.

Yeah discart is shown if available or falls back to first one in set if that addon I keep mentioning, but refuse to type out a 3rd time, is installed Tongue

Is on Git now.

EDIT: Lets throw a couple more installs in the post too, maybe a synonym as well.
Install, Installed, Installation, Installationism, Equipped, Install-A-Palooza...
(2019-09-27, 03:56)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @brazen1 Not looking like it is possible. Can't find any reference to getting album discart for artists.

Nothing in the JSON RPC wiki says it can return that and no other helper scripts seem to have that option.
Might have to make a feature request to @DaveBlake, if it is even possible...
Item art gets returned in a hierarchy - song has album and both song and album artist(s) art, album has album artist(s) art, artist just artist art. JSON will return the album art (of all types including "discart") for an artist when the albums (and art) for that artist are requested, but I don't know if a skin can do that Mike.
(2019-09-27, 10:38)DaveBlake Wrote: Item art gets returned in a hierarchy - song has album and both song and album artist(s) art, album has album artist(s) art, artist just artist art. JSON will return the album art (of all types including "discart") for an artist when the albums (and art) for that artist are requested, but I don't know if a skin can do that Mike.

Thanks Dave, I know skins can't get JSON but I was thinking adding something to script.skin.info.service which I maintain on the Kodi repo.
I'm am still in the early stages of learning python but I was trying to get a similiar JSON response like I get for movie sets to populate window properties not yet available in Kodi core.

Code:

json_response = Get_JSON_response('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.GetMovieSetDetails", "params": {"setid": %s, "properties": [ "thumbnail" ], "movies": { "properties": [ "rating", "art", "file", "year", "director", "writer", "genre", "thumbnail", "runtime", "studio", "mpaa", "plotoutline", "plot", "country", "streamdetails"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "year" }} },"id": 1 }' % dbid)

Currently I am using this:
Code:

json_response = Get_JSON_response('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetAlbums", "params": {"properties": ["title", "year", "albumlabel", "playcount", "thumbnail"], "sort": { "method": "label" }, "filter": {"artistid": %s} }, "id": 1}' % dbid)]

Would I just be able to add:
Code:

, "albums": { "properties": ["art"]
Or just ["art"] to "params": {"properties": Huh

EDIT: Answered my own question. Adding "Art" adds all the art Smile
Code:

"id": 1,
"jsonrpc": "2.0",
"result": {
"albums": [
{
"albumid": 361,
"albumlabel": "",
"art": {
"artist.clearlogo": "image://C%3a%5cKodi%20Artist%20Info%5cStory%20of%20the%20Year%5cclearlogo.png/",
"artist.fanart": "image://C%3a%5cKodi%20Artist%20Info%5cStory%20of%20the%20Year%5cfanart.jpg/",
"artist.fanart1": "image://C%3a%5cKodi%20Artist%20Info%5cStory%20of%20the%20Year%5cfanart1.jpg/",
"artist.fanart2": "image://C%3a%5cKodi%20Artist%20Info%5cStory%20of%20the%20Year%5cfanart2.jpg/",
"artist.fanart3": "image://C%3a%5cKodi%20Artist%20Info%5cStory%20of%20the%20Year%5cfanart3.jpg/",
"artist.fanart4": "image://C%3a%5cKodi%20Artist%20Info%5cStory%20of%20the%20Year%5cfanart4.jpg/",
"artist.thumb": "image://D%3a%5cMusic%20Collection%5cSTORY%20OF%20THE%20YEAR%5cfolder.jpg/",
"cdart": "image://D%3a%5cMusic%20Collection%5cSTORY%20OF%20THE%20YEAR%5c(2005)%20IN%20THE%20WAKE%20OF%20DETERMINATION%5ccdart.png/",
"discart": "image://D%3a%5cMusic%20Collection%5cSTORY%20OF%20THE%20YEAR%5c(2005)%20IN%20THE%20WAKE%20OF%20DETERMINATION%5cdiscart.png/",
"folder": "image://D%3a%5cMusic%20Collection%5cSTORY%20OF%20THE%20YEAR%5c(2005)%20IN%20THE%20WAKE%20OF%20DETERMINATION%5cfolder.jpg/",
"thumb": "image://D%3a%5cMusic%20Collection%5cSTORY%20OF%20THE%20YEAR%5c(2005)%20IN%20THE%20WAKE%20OF%20DETERMINATION%5cfolder.jpg/"
},
"label": "In the Wake of Determination",
"playcount": 1,
"thumbnail": "image://D%3a%5cMusic%20Collection%5cSTORY%20OF%20THE%20YEAR%5c(2005)%20IN%20THE%20WAKE%20OF%20DETERMINATION%5cfolder.jpg/",
"title": "In the Wake of Determination",
"year": 2005
@DaveBlake Is there anyway to pull just the album discart and thumb or does it have to be all art?
For query efficiency "art" gets all the types of art Mike, the results only say what the url of the art is, and is not the actual image. The ability to just get "thumbnail" is historic so kept for backwards compatibility. But you should be able to pick out the url of just the art type(s) you want from the results (don't ask me about the Python for that though!).
(2019-09-27, 14:43)DaveBlake Wrote: For query efficiency "art" gets all the types of art Mike, the results only say what the url of the art is, and is not the actual image. The ability to just get "thumbnail" is historic so kept for backwards compatibility. But you should be able to pick out the url of just the art type(s) you want from the results (don't ask me about the Python for that though!).

Efficiency was what I was thinking of so thought just pulling discart instead of the whole art table would be faster.

Thanks for the info. I am adding it to the script now and it is working great so far Smile

• 607(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55