• 610(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I like #1.

Show what it is first, then go into details about it.

It's The Avengers Collection.  It has 4 movies inside the collection and that's a detail about the collection.
It's not 4 movies... and the details about those 4 movies is that it's The Avengers Collection.

I think what it is... takes precedence over a detail about... what it is.  Although The Avengers Collection is in bold, and a larger font, our brain naturally wants to read 'in order'.  When a single movie that is not part of collection comes into view (or vice versa) the natural order of things becomes confused.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-09-29, 17:08)brazen1 Wrote: I like #1.

Show what it is first, then go into details about it.

It's The Avengers Collection.  It has 4 movies inside the collection and that's a detail about the collection.
It's not 4 movies... and the details about those 4 movies is that it's The Avengers Collection.

I think what it is... takes precedence over a detail about... what it is.  Although The Avengers Collection is in bold, and a larger font, our brain naturally wants to read 'in order'.  When a single movie that is not part of collection comes into view (or vice versa) the natural order of things becomes confused.
@brazen1 Ya know, I think you are right, you  changed my mind with some very good points....
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
Ok so based on feedback I think the best course of action is to just add more info to the SubLabel:

Thoughts?

Upside is that the new way I am doing it requires Skin Info Service for the runtime only. Everything else is done in the skin engine.

Will see if I can do the runtime script free also...
(2019-09-29, 23:35)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Thoughts?

Upside is that the new way I am doing it requires Skin Info Service for the runtime only. Everything else is done in the skin engine.

Will see if I can do the runtime script free also...
That looks awesome!
I like what you have there in that last screenshot.  Here's my take and it's subjective and just my personal taste:

I couldn't possibly enable all the things a view can have.  It's just too busy for me.  Extrafanart rotating on top of live background for movie sets with information panels on top of that... after a while it's all blur of information overload.  I find myself looking for a plain jane vanilla and bumping the look up slightly from there.  Happy mediums are likeable too if well organized and your last screenshot is just that.

Personally, I like as much info about a title as possible WITHOUT becoming too busy, hard to decipher at first glance, or unorganized.  The information panel is a must for me.  So, as it stands, that info panel is by itself, to the left, over a black background when using MyFlix.  It isn't overlapping fanart or extrafanart where the letters can blend with the background whether rotating or not (well barely).  This is why I prefer MyFlix.  This look is not busy yet I get plenty of artwork in one section of the screen while the words in the info panel remain undisturbed and uncluttered.  I can use a logo.  I like logos.  It too is in it's own space.  I wish it was smaller so more information panel could be utilized.  Everything is clean, informative at first glance, and rich with pertinent details regarding the title or set.  Moving from one title to the next remains consistent.  The only thing missing for my taste is the name of the title or set in the footer or sublabel provided it doesn't use up too much real-estate.  It would have to be small enough to not interfere with the other metadata icons that reside in the footer.  

The topic of late is for Showcase in a movie-set even though personally I prefer MyFlix.  The only way I would consider showcase is with fanart and extrafanart turned off so the information panel isn't obscured.  Unfortunately, if I turn off fanart there, it carries over to the MyFlix view for the Movies library.  Can't have that.  So, I can get rid of the information panel and opt for the artwork instead, except now I lost the info panel which is a must for me.  You just fixed that little problem by suggesting to add (most) of that info from the information panel, condensed into the footer.

What are the differences between the info panel and the info in the footer:

In the footer we lose the director and writer.  I can live without those considering.  The rating, runtime, and years remain.  The number of discs within the collection are shown in the footer as is the genre.  The names of those discs are shown in the brochure although if too numerous, there isn't enough real-estate and after a few titles, more simply don't appear unlike the info panel that will auto scroll every last one of them in detail.  It appears the largest loss, besides director and writer, is the synopsis for the titles within a collection.  Personally, I don't care.  I can gain that info by entering the collection but let's remember, this is about how the library appears and how much info can be digested just sitting there focused on a title/collection without detriments setting in due to how you decide to perfect things.  You are DEFINATELY in perspective with everything so far imo, including your latest offering for those that prefer the showcase view.  Well done with everything so far.  I know it's a setting but don't you think all these views look better with the top bar turned off and just enable it on the main menu page only?  How wonderful is it... you've given us all these choices.  Thank you.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Here are some bugs, I found during using the latest git:
1. Live-TV sidebar while viewing channellist:
I can't got to the playercontrol buttons at the bottom

2. Opencase Mod:
If you haven't enabled "Cases" in settings-view than it looks weird. Also when cases are enabled and there are movies without cases for some reasons.
So let me suggest a solution:
a) add "Clear Cases" without any Text (480p, 720, WEB-DL, etc.) on it
b) and enable "Opencase" selector only if "Cases" are selected in view-settings

3. I don't know if this is a bug:
When playing youtube videos, then "Endtime" isn't displayed in the seekbar. When I'm doing a step e.g. 10s forward, it is there.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
@ALL Lots of changes on Git so if you can test it all out and report any issues , settings that don't work or will not contextually hide then let me know so I can fix it and push the latest version to Kodi repo. I just can't test all the options myself anymore...

@brazen1 I focus on one particular view first just to get the look and functionality right, then I can adapt it to other views like MyFlix:

(2019-09-30, 07:59)Solo0815 Wrote: Here are some bugs, I found during using the latest git:
1. Live-TV sidebar while viewing channellist:
I can't got to the playercontrol buttons at the bottom

2. Opencase Mod:
If you haven't enabled "Cases" in settings-view than it looks weird. Also when cases are enabled and there are movies without cases for some reasons.
So let me suggest a solution:
a) add "Clear Cases" without any Text (480p, 720, WEB-DL, etc.) on it
b) and enable "Opencase" selector only if "Cases" are selected in view-settings

3. I don't know if this is a bug:
When playing youtube videos, then "Endtime" isn't displayed in the seekbar. When I'm doing a step e.g. 10s forward, it is there.

1) Fixed on Git

2) You think the way I prefer it, looks weird?
OK, guess it's a good thing there is a damn option for you to toggle then Wink
I already responded to you the last time you mentioned the cases and if you're not gonna read them then why even post in the first place?

3) Can't replicate it. Only hides when info for add-ons is enabled cause I won't show "Endtime" twice.

@Karellen IIRC, you mentioned that you don't use Skin Info Service? If that is still the case can you test out the latest from Git and see if the views show enough set info now and anything you think is missing?

Also if there is a reason you don't have script.skin.info.service installed like preferring the summary instead of the extended plot of all movies please let me know so I can make it a toggle where it currently isn't. A lot of that is legacy code before sets provided the summary in the Plot INFOlabel.
Everything I have looked at and checked looks amazing to me so far, proud of ya dude, very nice.... I will keep playing around with it. I have noticed around a 5% increase in memory usage on both pc & shields with all the bells and whistles turned on (going by kodi system info), so I think that is pretty good for all you have added. I might throw a copy of my last backup on a older android tv box and see how it does.

I have a question: Does the skin support animated fanart or posters, if not do you plan on adding it any time?
Kodi v20.1 with goodies from the PSMC Collection / Using on PC's, Nvidea Shields, and other Android TV Boxes
(2019-09-30, 18:40)mikeSiLVO Wrote: 2) You think the way I prefer it, looks weird?
OK, guess it's a good thing there is a damn option for you to toggle then Wink
I already responded to you the last time you mentioned the cases and if you're not gonna read them then why even post in the first place?
I don't know, if you prefer it, if it looks like this:
Cases disabled - OpenCaseMod enabed
For me, OpenCaseMod, is a mod for open Cases. There are no cases on the picture, because the are disabled. So, for me it looks weird, if cases are disabled. For someone else maybe not.

Cases enabled

I'll look for better case images. Then every Move can have (at least) a clear caseWink

3) I enabled Info for addons. --> solved
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2019-09-30, 21:27)Solo0815 Wrote: I don't know, if you prefer it, if it looks like this:
Cases disabled - OpenCaseMod enabed
For me, OpenCaseMod, is a mod for open Cases. There are no cases on the picture, because the are disabled. So, for me it looks weird, if cases are disabled. For someone else maybe not.

Cases enabled

I'll look for better case images. Then every Move can have (at least) a clear caseWink

3) I enabled Info for addons. --> solved

No it is not supposed to look like that. The back case is supposed to be there.
I only tested with the default cases.

Too many damn options in the skin... Confused

EDIT: Should be fixed on Git now
(2019-09-30, 20:44)Wanderer189 Wrote: I have a question: Does the skin support animated fanart or posters, if not do you plan on adding it any time?
Yes, I've been using it since the day I installed this skin and it works very well.

(2019-09-30, 23:48)brazen1 Wrote:
(2019-09-30, 20:44)Wanderer189 Wrote: I have a question: Does the skin support animated fanart or posters, if not do you plan on adding it any time?
Yes, I've been using it since the day I installed this skin and it works very well.  
Is it specific to a particular view? It has never worked for me. I have a bunch of animated posters and fanart already downloaded, they reside in the same directory as the movie on the NAS. I can choose them in the skin, but they never work. I just assumed they were not enabled in the skin.
All my animated artwork is local as are my titles.  I don't think animated anything will work from a NAS but you could try.  The most confusing thing when selecting them is to choose them correctly.  You don't select animatedposter from 'edit artwork'.  You select poster.  Then at the bottom of all the remote artwork is the browse button.  Select that and navigate to your title where you animatedposter.gif resides.  Then it might show.  Not sure about from a NAS though?  As a 2nd attempt, you could put the .gifs local in a folder someplace and navigate to them being sure to select by using remote poster list and then the browse button.   Depending how you obtained the .gifs, they will need unique titles because your not going to congregate a bunch of animatedposter.gif names in the same folder.  You'd need to change each to match the title for example - avatar_poster.gif.

(2019-09-30, 18:40)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Karellen IIRC, you mentioned that you don't use Skin Info Service? If that is still the case can you test out the latest from Git and see if the views show enough set info now and anything you think is missing?

Also if there is a reason you don't have script.skin.info.service installed like preferring the summary instead of the extended plot of all movies please let me know so I can make it a toggle where it currently isn't. A lot of that is legacy code before sets provided the summary in the Plot INFOlabel.
I have downloaded and installed the latest from Git.

It all seems to be working fine. The floor is visible again, but no media flags as I don't have skin info service installed. I don't mind the missing flags as it is just a simple click into the set to see flags for each movie.

Discart is showing up fine. There are some sets that don't show discart, even though the movies in the set have discart. I have not figured out the common link between these sets but I will let you know when I figure it out.

I don't have skin info service installed as I prefer to see the movie set overviews instead of all the other info that replaced it.

I have only had a quick browse. But let me use this git version tonight and I can let you know if any issues. Let me know if there is something specific you want me to test.

Here is what it looks like for right list view...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Wanderer189 99.9% sure that gif has to be local to work.

(2019-10-01, 03:04)Karellen Wrote: I have downloaded and installed the latest from Git.

It all seems to be working fine. The floor is visible again, but no media flags as I don't have skin info service installed. I don't mind the missing flags as it is just a simple click into the set to see flags for each movie.

Discart is showing up fine. There are some sets that don't show discart, even though the movies in the set have discart. I have not figured out the common link between these sets but I will let you know when I figure it out.

I don't have skin info service installed as I prefer to see the movie set overviews instead of all the other info that replaced it.

I have only had a quick browse. But let me use this git version tonight and I can let you know if any issues. Let me know if there is something specific you want me to test.

Here is what it looks like for right list view...

Forgot to add for sets view in RightList but if you don't separate the sets in your movies library the flags and movie count is done without an addon now.

Will push the fix for Content(sets) now so give that a spin if you can... Will fix the sets overview with a toggle just need to figure out where to put it when skin.info is installed.

If you notice it in any other views or locations let me know Smile

EDIT: On Git now.
Will add the disc without using skin.info.service sometime tonight I just forgot to add that. I'll make another EDIT when that is done.

EDIT2: Added discart fallback of first movie in set without using skin.info.service to RightList view. Didn't get to any other views yet.
  • 610(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55