WDR Local TV Program switches from H264 to mpeg2 and mpeg2 to H264 and stream stops.
Hi,
when i watch german WDR (in my case Bielefeld) the local Program switches from H264 HD to mpeg2 SD and when the Local Program ends it switches back from mpeg2 SD to H264 HD.

From H264 to mpeg2 it works mostly. But from mpeg2 back to H264 it always stops and hangs for a while, till, finally you get back to the kodi home screen.

Will this ever be fixed?

Is there an Addon or something which automatically "reinitiates" the last playback?

Tested with libreelec generic x86/x64 builds and coreelec on my s905 device.
(2019-10-08, 20:19)wedok Wrote: Hi,
when i watch german WDR (in my case Bielefeld) the local Program switches from H264 HD to mpeg2 SD and when the Local Program ends it switches back from mpeg2 SD to H264 HD.

From H264 to mpeg2 it works mostly. But from mpeg2 back to H264 it always stops and hangs for a while, till, finally you get back to the kodi home screen.
Same for me: WDR Münster to WDR HD hangs for 10-15 sec.
I think this got worse since Kodi 18 and is really frustrating.
It never happens in DVBViewer, but that is no mediacenter.

bye,
Ralf
I think its only Audio.
I have the same problem with WDR SD Bielefeld.
(2019-10-29, 20:05)wedok Wrote: I think its only Audio.
I have the same problem with WDR SD Bielefeld.
Audioformat -and- videoformat do change.
So reason can be one of them or both?!

bye,
Ralf
You guys can record and cut a sample piece. And then submit this sample to Kodis bugtracker. Maybe someone can fix it.
(2019-11-10, 00:51)manül Wrote: You guys can record and cut a sample piece. And then submit this sample to Kodis bugtracker. Maybe someone can fix it.
For testing I recorded the area 19:20-20:10 h.

Three files are created:
1) 19:20-19:30 h WDR-Münster-HD (Kodi lists the codec)
2) 19:30-19:59 h WDR-Münster-SD (No codec is listed in Kodi for this file)
3) 20:00-20:10 h WDR-Münster-HD (Kodi lists the codec)

When I play these 3 files in a playlist, Kodi hocks from file 2-3.
3 is played, but Kodi displays the playlist menu.
This is the moment when Kodi hangs in Live PVR.

This does not happen when you create a playlist with other SD + HD sources, for example:
1) RTL-SD (Kodi lists the codec)
2) 20:00-20:10 h WDR-Münster-HD (Kodi lists the codec)

The change from 1-2 works without problems.

I can imagine that WDR-Münster-HD has a faulty satellite frequency?

bye,
Ralf
Since I still can't find a solution, I have now created a Kodi.log at the recurring time 20:00.
I have filled it with the information when what happens and when problems occur.

2020-06-12 19:59:36.687 T:2180 When automatically changing from Münster local time (SD) to the news "Tagesschau" (HD), Kodi -always- gets stuck, turns black and can only continue to run by changing the channel (button 1 for ARD) via remote control?

Codes that have nothing to do with the problem have been deleted.
Kodi.log
(2020-06-13, 12:54)grobiralf Wrote: Since I still can't find a solution, I have now created a Kodi.log at the recurring time 20:00.
I have filled it with the information when what happens and when problems occur.

2020-06-12 19:59:36.687 T:2180 When automatically changing from Münster local time (SD) to the news "Tagesschau" (HD), Kodi -always- gets stuck, turns black and can only continue to run by changing the channel (button 1 for ARD) via remote control?

Codes that have nothing to do with the problem have been deleted.
Kodi.log
Till now no solution
Can please someone answer?
Here is again the log.
Now I have come a little further:
The problem concerns (very likely) the dynamic program switching.

You can test it well (all day long) with the transmitter Test-R.
It changes every 2 minutes between Arte and Phoenix for testing purposes.

With the DVBViewer (signal via DVBV-MS) the automatic switching works every 2 minutes.
With Kodi 18.9 (signal via DVBV-MS) the automatic change does not work. From time to time Kodi changes exactly 1x, and then not again.

Because it works with the DVBViewer however, it is thus at the Client (Kodi).

Whether this is Kodi per se, or the Kodi-Addon DVBViewer-client causes it, I unfortunately do not know yet.
A test with an other Kodi-PVR-Client (ie. Next-PVR) would maybe clear the problem.
If you record a 11 minute sample (I'd like to see several switches) and provide a link, I can test with NextPVR.

Martin
(2020-11-21, 20:32)emveepee Wrote: If you record a 11 minute sample (I'd like to see several switches) and provide a link, I can test with NextPVR.
Thanks for help.
If I understand you correctly, i should send you a recording?
That wouldn't work, because such a recording would split the stream into 2 minute snippets.

The easiest way would be to watch the TEST-R station.
Watching is not easy from here in Canada.  If you are using linux you should be able to capture the mux.  I suspect it would work if the program pid actually changes though since that is like Kodi playing a full mux which it can't do.

Martin
(2020-11-21, 21:03)emveepee Wrote: Watching is not easy from here in Canada.  If you are using linux you should be able to capture the mux.  I suspect it would work if the program pid actually changes though since that is like Kodi playing a full mux which it can't do.

Martin
Sorry, i´m on windows.
Maybe i will test myself by installing Next-PVR Server and the Next-PVR-Client in Kodi.
NextPVR is not working on my windows-system.
V4 showed no channels.
V5-Server allways stoped every few seconds.

What other PVR-server is recommend, to test with kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WDR Local TV Program switches from H264 to mpeg2 and mpeg2 to H264 and stream stops.0