• 43(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
(2019-10-23, 17:10)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-23, 16:54)DevilMayCry Wrote: And i found one more bug. Color are fully desaturated when play 1080p sdr 10bit video

With 2.9?
Or with the experimental I just posted?
If you can please try the experimental build above. 
tried with 2.8 and 2.9. I can try experimental build tonight when come back from work.
(2019-10-23, 17:12)DevilMayCry Wrote:
(2019-10-23, 16:54)DevilMayCry Wrote: And i found one more bug. Color are fully desaturated when play 1080p sdr 10bit video

With 2.9?
tried with 2.8 and 2.9. I can try experimental build tonight when come back from work.

Please do.
I've found a single line of code that was oversaturating colors with Nvidia and dessaturating with amd. So I just commented this single line and reverted back stock DXVAHD.
This means except for the hdr triggers that won't touch anything else in kodi's code all the rest is intact.
(2019-10-23, 15:02)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2019-10-23, 14:22)fandangos Wrote: Can you try this? And let me know if this finally fixes the colors for your Ryzen gpu?

No change. Colors are desaturated (BT709).    

It took some time but I was finally able to reproduce the dessaturated colors with AMD hardware and after changing almost every single portion of the code that deals with color space and you still having this problem can be only related to your system. 

I remember the first dessaturated colors that Benq999 had and he mentioned that it was the same and MPC + Madvr when video lost focus, if he pressed the right mouse button and the overlay menu poped up it would cause colors to be dessaturated and would revert back after the menu would close. 

This issue was openned by Madhi in AMD AGS github here:
https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndS.../issues/14

The way I reproduced the dessaturated colors here was pressing | button that would have the screen in windowed mode. This kills HDR and prevent it from being triggered again. 
Turning Windows HDR on while the movie is playing and playing it again still have dessaturated colors. 

Someone mentioned that just a single reboot killed HDR on Ryzen iGPU. This, to me, sound like a user system problem not Kodi's problem. 
This sounds like Windows Update breaking something. 

What I think might solve this: change use windowed fullscreen from on to off. 
Right click kodi.exe and go into proprieties -> disable full screen optimizations, click on high DPI settings and enable  "Use this setting to fix scalling problems".

Also Radeon control panel creates a profile for applications like Kodi and games.
Here are the settings from my system:

Disable everything you can. 

Also on Radeon panel you can set video playback settings:

Now if all this fails, look for something that is stealing focus from Kodi. Look at your tray icons and see if there's anything like FRAPS or some overlay app.
For Ryzen APU IGP problems (not in order of probability): 

1. The motherboard may not have HDMI 2.0a, only HDMI 1.4 out. B450 boards are more likely to have 2.0a, even if it's stated as HMDI 1.4 in the specification (due the licencing fees). See this thread's first post for working B350 boards and the last post regarding the B450 boards. 

2. Maybe the board using DP->HDMI onboard converter solution as seen on many Intel solutions, even if it would have a HDMI 2.0a output, it's not native. As we've learned from that, this could cause many unpredictable troubles/compatibility issues with some displays.

3. The board may have HDMI 2.0, but not the full HDMI 2.0a bandwidth output support (as 18Gbit/s is required for HDR as far as I know yet).

4. Driver / Windows update and settings problems.

Hope this may could help in some cases, if these were off-the-radar till now.
(2019-10-23, 18:53)Mount81 Wrote: For Ryzen APU IGP problems (not in order of probability): 

1. The motherboard may not have HDMI 2.0a, only HDMI 1.4 out. B450 boards are more likely to have 2.0a, even if it's stated as HMDI 1.4 in the specification (due the licencing fees). See this thread's first post for working B350 boards and the last post regarding the B450 boards. 

2. Maybe the board using DP->HDMI onboard converter solution as seen on many Intel solutions, even if it would have a HDMI 2.0a output, it's not native. As we've learned from that, this could cause many unpredictable troubles/compatibility issues with some displays.

3. The board may have HDMI 2.0, but not the full HDMI 2.0a bandwidth output support (as 18Gbit/s is required for HDR as far as I know yet).

4. Driver / Windows update and settings problems.

Hope this may could in some cases, if these were off-the-radar till now.
I have Gigabyte B450 I Aorus PRO Wifi

Integrated Graphics Processor:
1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version.
2 x HDMI ports, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096x2160@60 Hz(Note)
* Support for HDMI 2.0 version and HDCP 2.2.(Note)
* One of HDMI function is limited if using an AMD Athlon™ 200-series APU.
2.9 have multiple bugs for my setup. (ryzen 2200G)
multi monitor brings windows to a hard reset (hdmi 1 LG TV, DVI-> hdmi adapter AVR)
2nd output doesn't works anymore. i only need it for sound output and would disable it but windows don't support sound output on this adapter if it have to video output.
(2019-10-23, 20:10)skybird1980 Wrote: 2.9 have multiple bugs for my setup. (ryzen 2200G)
multi monitor brings windows to a hard reset (hdmi 1 LG TV, DVI-> hdmi adapter AVR)
2nd output doesn't works anymore. i only need it for sound output and would disable it but windows don't support sound output on this adapter if it have to video output.

Have you tried change any settings at all?

Disable refresh rate change from always to off.
Just a possible solution for those having stutter: I was having tearing and stutter in most versions including 2.9 and what fixed it for me was going into System/Display and making sure Fullscreen Windowed was turned off (it was on by default). According to the Kodi Wiki, Fullscreen Windowed uses a slower less powerful version of DirectX and, on my system at least (Win 10 Pro, GT1030 GDDR version), disabling it made all those problems go away.
(2019-10-23, 22:35)mobamoba Wrote: Just a possible solution for those having stutter: I was having tearing and stutter in most versions including 2.9 and what fixed it for me was going into System/Display and making sure Fullscreen Windowed was turned off (it was on by default). According to the Kodi Wiki, Fullscreen Windowed uses a slower less powerful version of DirectX and, on my system at least (Win 10 Pro, GT1030 GDDR version), disabling it made all those problems go away.

That's good to know, I've tried true full screen here and the stutter continued, what solved was settings the delay for the refresh that's why I've set it as default. 
I'll probably remove it for the next version and just let the user toggle it manually as I can't predict every system people are using, some use multiple monitors that cause issues with refresh rate change.

With 2.9?

Just tried experimental version, no luck, TV show only HDR (BT.709)
(2019-10-24, 00:00)DevilMayCry Wrote:
(2019-10-23, 17:10)fandangos Wrote: With 2.9?

Yeah I'm done with Ryzen GPUs. Some people have success, some people don't, some people have success, reboot and it's over, so I'll add to the first post in the next release that Ryzen is not supported. 

Also since I don't own one and even if people get together for donation again it's too much money and I wouldn't feel confortable doing so, because it's a motherboard, ram, cpu etc and two, I can get a system and it works just like a some people did here so AMD gpus and Nvidia gpus are supported, Ryzen I'll stop chasing this ghost. 

What I would like to know is if the experimental build fixed the 1080p 10bit dessaturated colors you were having.
The file you are trying to play doesn't have HDR at all, right? It should work without any problem.
(2019-10-24, 00:15)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 00:00)DevilMayCry Wrote:
(2019-10-23, 17:12)DevilMayCry Wrote: tried with 2.8 and 2.9. I can try experimental build tonight when come back from work. 

Yeah I'm done with Ryzen GPUs. Some people have success, some people don't, some people have success, reboot and it's over, so I'll add to the first post in the next release that Ryzen is not supported. 

Also since I don't own one and even if people get together for donation again it's too much money and I wouldn't feel confortable doing so, because it's a motherboard, ram, cpu etc and two, I can get a system and it works just like a some people did here so AMD gpus and Nvidia gpus are supported, Ryzen I'll stop chasing this ghost. 

What I would like to know is if the experimental build fixed the 1080p 10bit dessaturated colors you were having.
The file you are trying to play doesn't have HDR at all, right? It should work without any problem.

Experimental build fixed 1080p 10bit
(2019-10-24, 00:21)DevilMayCry Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 00:15)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 00:00)DevilMayCry Wrote: Just tried experimental version, no luck, TV show only HDR (BT.709) 

Experimental build fixed 1080p 10bit 

Great, thank you for testing Smile
Only way to play 4k hdr movies on ryzen is power dvd 19 😞
(2019-10-24, 00:51)DevilMayCry Wrote: Only way to play 4k hdr movies on ryzen is power dvd 19 😞

That's also the only way for Intel private HDR API. 
It's burried under so much DRM that is not available for us non-corporate mortals.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9