Solved Using Media manager
Hi all, 

been using Kodi for several months with the Estuary skin, ironed out all of my syntax errors using the log files so files fit the templates and today just started using Media Manager.

My reason for using MM is so the server contains all info locally.

Due to size of server, I have taken the recommenced route and have a separate folder for each media folder Das 1 TV. . . Das 2 TV. . . etc.. information is being written to the server drives ok nfo .jpg etc.

Just started on Films and MM is creating information but I cant view Certification...Aspect Ratio...Codec... etc. is this because of the skin I am using or Add-ons I haven't installed?
(2019-10-24, 22:12)fsurfer Wrote: MM is so the server contains all info locally.
Exporting the library to separate files will also save the meta-data to local folders, and is the recommended method.
(2019-10-24, 22:12)fsurfer Wrote: MM is creating information but I cant view Certification...Aspect Ratio...Codec... etc.
Most of the online metadata is pulled in using scrapers (either Kodi scrapers or MM scrapers) but most of the web resources know nothing about the format, res, codec etc. until the file is sniffed locally. Utilizing Kodi scrapers, this is done auto magically, it's anyone's guess if media managers operate this way. You do need to re-scan locally to pull in the meta-data that 3rd party managers create, and it's at this point that might be at issue.

Suggestion: Use Kodi scraper and export the library to separate files often.
Just shutdown / restarted and it is doing something - can you run what you said by me again? As the library takes ages to update

I am not using Raid and have one 10TB Drive with a folder called <movies 0>, another 10TB Drive with a folder <movies 1> and another 10TB Drive with a folder <movies 2>the scrapper attached to each is the Movie database.

If I run MM and create all the info in each of the movie folders should I change the scrapper to local scrapper and then update library?
Have a check after your initial scan - open the .nfo file with eg notepadd++.  I use Media Companion and that does get all the required stream data.
Hi and thanks for your reply.

Disconnected the internet and started Kodi. The DAS folder I have done so far with MM have more detail compared with what Kodi naturally saves - so looking good.

I looked at different skins and the other information MM creates (I mentioned in my first post) appear only if additional scripts have been written.

Starting to make sense now, so will continue using MM as Kodi only retrieves information on-line if I say to ignore local content
What is this MM you keep referring to? I know it stands for Media Manager, but which one?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-25, 11:07)Karellen Wrote: What is this MM you keep referring to? I know it stands for Media Manager, but which one?

I just assumed Media Manager was the name of a media manager I wasn't aware of.
Doh.
So did I at first and was hoping that it would become clearer as more posts were made.

I guess the OP has used google translate, because I am struggling to figure out what the issue is in the first post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry tinyMediaManager by Manuel Laggner

All sorted
1) Go through each TV Show using the tinyMediaManager
2) Set content >>Change information provider to Local information only >> click ok and they are added to the library

Saves all the hassle when TVDB haven't updated or their API is changed and they have to roll-back
Thanks for all the sarcastic comments
(2019-10-24, 23:15)fsurfer Wrote: can you run what you said by me again?
Sure post #2 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2895112
(2019-10-24, 23:15)fsurfer Wrote: should I change the scrapper to local scrapper and then update library?
If the meta-data is 100% compatible with the way Kodi interprets the .nfo and images, the scraper will pick them up (no need to change scraper). Any missing information and the scraper defaults to the network database and will re-populate with online internet information and your local .nfo will be ignored.
(2019-10-25, 17:48)PatK Wrote:
(2019-10-24, 23:15)fsurfer Wrote: can you run what you said by me again?
Sure post #2 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2895112
(2019-10-24, 23:15)fsurfer Wrote: should I change the scrapper to local scrapper and then update library?
If the meta-data is 100% compatible with the way Kodi interprets the .nfo and images, the scraper will pick them up (no need to change scraper). Any missing information and the scraper defaults to the network database and will re-populate with online internet information and your local .nfo will be ignored. 

Tad redundant answering as its all done
(2019-10-25, 18:50)fsurfer Wrote: Tad redundant answering as its all done
I realized that, just a clarification post. I use 'Local information only' when installing a new Kodi, and want a fast re-population.
TNN has a forum thread https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204 and the TinyMediaManager (wiki)

RE: "sarcastic comments" I saw none, other than yours.
(2019-10-25, 19:22)PatK Wrote:
(2019-10-25, 18:50)fsurfer Wrote: Tad redundant answering as its all done
I realized that, just a clarification post. I use 'Local information only' when installing a new Kodi, and want a fast re-population.
TNN has a forum thread https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204 and the TinyMediaManager (wiki)

RE: "sarcastic comments" I saw none, other than yours. 

Good for you, we all have to start somewhere
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Media manager0