• 46(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition
On PVR SD Programms (Mpeg2, interlaced) only works if i force Pixel Shader. On Auto Renderer Kodi Crashes. If i choose Software Renderer i get a Psychodelic Picture Smile
H.264 Channels works with Auto Renderer.
I'll add a debug kodi.log if this can help.

All 3 Debug Logs: http://la-ro.de/external/koditv/
(2019-10-26, 05:31)skybird1980 Wrote: On PVR SD Programms (Mpeg2, interlaced) only works if i force Pixel Shader. On Auto Renderer Kodi Crashes. If i choose Software Renderer i get a Psychodelic Picture Smile

Sorry but this has nothing to do with HDR.
The hdr code runs on top of a almost untouched kodi now so this problem has no relation to what I'm working on.

It would be better to test it with a regular kodi nightly and see if the problem, probably, persists and report to team Kodi on github or in the main window section of this forum.
Ok, i'll do Smile
(2019-10-25, 16:30)skybird1980 Wrote: funny this version works again flawless with my ryzen 2200g

What do you mean by "flawless"? I'm interested in the color space. Is your display device showing BT2020 (DCI-P3) in the current release? If so, please be kind to show comparison photos, such as these. If not, then do not mislead the developer, please.
(2019-10-26, 10:43)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2019-10-25, 16:30)skybird1980 Wrote: funny this version works again flawless with my ryzen 2200g

What do you mean by "flawless"? I'm interested in the color space. Is your display device showing BT2020 (DCI-P3) in the current release? If so, please be kind to show comparison photos, such as these. If not, then do not mislead the developer, please.

I don't think it's missleading. It probably works for him the same that works for Benq999 and other people with Ryzen outside this forum.
(2019-10-26, 12:26)fandangos Wrote: I don't think it's missleading. It probably works for him the same that works for Benq999 and other people with Ryzen outside this forum.

Ok, so I need to do exorcism with my Ryzen 2200G.  Angel
(2019-10-26, 05:35)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 05:31)skybird1980 Wrote: On PVR SD Programms (Mpeg2, interlaced) only works if i force Pixel Shader. On Auto Renderer Kodi Crashes. If i choose Software Renderer i get a Psychodelic Picture Smile

The hdr code runs on top of a almost untouched kodi now so this problem has no relation to what I'm working on.

It would be better to test it with a regular kodi nightly and see if the problem, probably, persists and report to team Kodi on github or in the main window section of this forum.

Oh ok this makes sense. So is it Not possible to put ur HDR Code in Top of perfekt working Final 18.5?
(2019-10-26, 13:42)Gee11 Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 05:35)fandangos Wrote:

Oh ok this makes sense. So is it Not possible to put ur HDR Code in Top of perfekt working Final 18.5? 
It is not. I already tried. 

For HDR to work it needs a few values from video metadata like min and max mastering luminance, MaxCLL and MaxFALL. 
Those values are stripped by FFmpeg and exposed to a buffer named Picture. 
The code take those values and passes it to the driver that passes to the display.

With Kodi, prior to 19, those values were not exposed so I can't add the HDR passthrough to it.
(2019-10-26, 13:59)fandangos Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 13:42)Gee11 Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 05:35)fandangos Wrote: Sorry but this has nothing to do with HDR.

It is not. I already tried. 

For HDR to work it needs a few values from video metadata like min and max mastering luminance, MaxCLL and MaxFALL. 
Those values are stripped by FFmpeg and exposed to a buffer named Picture. 
The code take those values and passes it to the driver that passes to the display.

With Kodi, prior to 19, those values were not exposed so I can't add the HDR passthrough to it.

Ok I understand..
(2019-10-26, 13:38)_DMU_ Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 12:26)fandangos Wrote: I don't think it's missleading. It probably works for him the same that works for Benq999 and other people with Ryzen outside this forum.

I think when Ryzen users see HDR kick in properly they think everything is working.   Not realizing that colors are a bit desaturated and not correct.

Once you see the issue you cannot unsee it.
(2019-10-26, 16:13)dwalme Wrote:
(2019-10-26, 13:38)_DMU_ Wrote:

I think when Ryzen users see HDR kick in properly they think everything is working.   Not realizing that colors are a bit desaturated and not correct.

Once you see the issue you cannot unsee it. 

That's not it. 
There were some users who actually had dessaturated colors and got it fixed. 

It's not related to the code, since it works for other AMD hardware like dedicated GPUs and some other Ryzen users do have correct colors output. 
It's sadly some incompatibility with some users setups and I have no idea why because I have never experienced incorrect color output after 2.6. 

When I got the Rx550 there was actually dessaturated colors and it got fixed for all AMD dedicated gpu hardware and some Ryzen users.
The API is the same for all AMD hardware.
(2019-10-26, 16:13)dwalme Wrote: I think when Ryzen users see HDR kick in properly they think everything is working.   Not realizing that colors are a bit desaturated and not correct.

I agree with you. I took a comparison photo, explained where to look, what to compare with. Well, I will no longer stop them from enjoying the wrong HDR.
Whatever the cause there is definitely something wrong and it's wrong for both this build and Madvr with my Ryzen 2400G.   Same issue that _DMU_ posted the screenshot.

Drop in an Nvidia card and no issue.   

I don't need this to work but it would have been nice if it did.
(2019-10-26, 17:05)dwalme Wrote: Whatever the cause there is definitely something wrong and it's wrong for both this build and Madvr with my Ryzen 2400G.   Same issue that _DMU_ posted the screenshot.

Drop in an Nvidia card and no issue.   

I don't need this to work but it would have been nice if it did.

MadVR has the same issue?

That change things considerably.
Maybe it's tht motherboards? I know when I was doing my 2200g setup you had to be careful to get a board that had full 4k capabilities with the proper HDMI output. Many of them were limited to 4k30 and I think potentially 4:2:0?
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Edition9