• 25(current)
Linux ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel
SMb connectivity is a known issue, if I am not mistaken.
(2019-11-08, 18:12)stammie Wrote: hopefully I've overlooked something very simple and someone here has experienced it and can help me get things going?

Well, first, what OS are you running on your N2 ?
(2019-11-08, 22:12)Sholander Wrote:
(2019-11-08, 18:12)stammie Wrote: hopefully I've overlooked something very simple and someone here has experienced it and can help me get things going?

Well, first, what OS are you running on your N2 ? 
Its running coreelec.

I'm out of ideas, every other device I have just works with my Windows shares, they would be a Vero 4K, a Vero 4K+, another Windows 10 PC and a Firestick 4k,
on the Firestick I only had MRMC installed which worked and I even installed Kodi on it to check which worked too.
I've also tried wireless on the N2 to eliminate any ethernet problems and that resulted in the same errors.
It seems like it could be a really nice device for Kodi use but if I can't resolve this its just a brick that I'm going to have to send back Sad
I'm interested in how this turns out.  I recently purchased an N2 CoreELEC edition that I plan on using to play BD/UHD .mkv rips stored on a Synology NAS via SMB share.  Will this be an issue?
Just got my N2 a few days ago.
I have Coreelec running on a 128GB SSD along with Tvheadend and Docker with Pihole and other containers.
It all runs perfectly! And very fast!
(2019-11-08, 18:12)stammie Wrote: Well I'm very impressed with odroid.co.uk I ordered my N2 from them yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning Smile
However I've hit a road block with my device that my limited knowledge can't resolve Sad ,
it will not see my network shares from my Windows 10 pc, I get an error saying operation not permitted then couldn't connect to network server.
I've set the smb protocols the same as my Vero 4K+ which is minimum smb level none and maximum level to SMBv3, I've tried using the PC's IP address and PC name but nothing will work.
I've also tried connecting to a different Windows 10 PC on the network and get the same results.

My N2 will however work with my network connected HD Homerun Connect TV tuner and read the channels from the HD Homerun software on the PC that it wont connect to via SMB,
hopefully I've overlooked something very simple and someone here has experienced it and can help me get things going?
Do you have a password set on your windows account? I can connect to my windows 10 machine only if it has an account password set.
I'm using a local non-Microsoft account. Not sure if that makes any difference.
(2019-11-09, 05:31)boke Wrote:
(2019-11-08, 18:12)stammie Wrote: Well I'm very impressed with odroid.co.uk I ordered my N2 from them yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning Smile
However I've hit a road block with my device that my limited knowledge can't resolve Sad ,
it will not see my network shares from my Windows 10 pc, I get an error saying operation not permitted then couldn't connect to network server.
I've set the smb protocols the same as my Vero 4K+ which is minimum smb level none and maximum level to SMBv3, I've tried using the PC's IP address and PC name but nothing will work.
I've also tried connecting to a different Windows 10 PC on the network and get the same results.

My N2 will however work with my network connected HD Homerun Connect TV tuner and read the channels from the HD Homerun software on the PC that it wont connect to via SMB,
hopefully I've overlooked something very simple and someone here has experienced it and can help me get things going?
Do you have a password set on your windows account? I can connect to my windows 10 machine only if it has an account password set.
Yeah I have a password on the Windows account but I do not get as far as being able to enter the user and password,
I get the errors I mentioned before that stage
Have you done any debugging via the logs? I have my shares on a Synology NAS, SMB2/SMB3 both work fine with username and password login. Browsing is not possible (I understand the network browser won't work with anything else than SMB1) but if you add the share as a source with the proper credentials, you can access it.
I have SMB and NFS mounts on mine just fine. Try running this on your odroid after you ssh on and see what you get. It should prompt you for a password and then show you the shares on the device.
Code:
smbclient --user=<windows_username> -L <windows_ip>
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Thanks for the replies everyone but I've given up on getting SMB working, 
I've got my shares working with Hanewin NFS server so I think I'll stick with that from now on
(2019-11-09, 10:02)stammie Wrote:
(2019-11-09, 05:31)boke Wrote:

Yeah I have a password on the Windows account but I do not get as far as being able to enter the user and password,
I get the errors I mentioned before that stage

I think you may be trying to add the share in the wrong location. The username password entry should be available right away.
After you select "Add videos", click on Browse and then "Add network location..." You will be able to put a username/password in the dialog box.
any idea how good deinterlaceing of 480p stuff is vs c2?
(2019-11-10, 05:38)leo5222 Wrote: any idea how good deinterlaceing of 480p stuff is vs c2?

Might look a minuscule better, but that's a Big maybe.

The C2 is using the same high quality Motion compensated and Motion adaptive de-interlacer that the N2 uses.

I do see slight differences with the N2's - picture post processing functionality such as Anti-Alising (lessening/removing Jagged lines in cartoons) - it's better vs the older S905 series chipsets, and surprisingly better vs the Apple TV 4K too. Smile

(2019-11-10, 05:38)leo5222 Wrote: any idea how good deinterlaceing of 480p stuff is vs c2?

I think you must mean 480i?  480p is progressive and thus doesn't need deinterlacing, just scaling.

(The p tells you it's progressive - i.e. not interlaced)
(2019-11-10, 11:35)noggin Wrote:

I think you must mean 480i?  480p is progressive and thus doesn't need deinterlacing, just scaling.

(The p tells you it's progressive - i.e. not interlaced) 
oh Duh i was  thinking I yes
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID N2+ - AMLogic S922X board from Hardkernel4