• 230(current)
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)
(2019-11-20, 19:07)lovnblack Wrote:
(2019-11-20, 15:38)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-11-20, 14:35)lovnblack Wrote: Hi again, I just received all necessary parts. Now Im looking for a How to Setup and installation guide, can you suggest me usefull link for this guide please ?
I guees I need to plug eMMC modul which we bought seperately, and I need to transfer coreleec files from SD card which they send with N2 to the our new eMMC right ?
And I really need to find a how to link for complete necessary settings on N2.

Hi,
Startup CE Kodi from the SD card, without the eMMC module installed.

Make sure you enable SSH login when you setup CE Kodi.
If you did not enable SSH initially, then you can reenable it in Kodi > Settings > CoreELEC ....

Then use the following mini guide to SSH login to CE from a PC or Mac and issue the installtoemmc command:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2894545

To turn OFF the N2 with a MINIX A2 lite remote, follow this HERE (click)

Further support over on the CoreELEC forums please.

W. 

Ok thank you for necessary information and link. What about installing eMMC, when and how I will install it? 
Install to eMMC procedure starts with disconnected eMMC module. After you SSH to the box and execute command installtoemmc you'll get on screen information how to proceed. At that moment you have 30 seconds to attach eMMC module to the board. Take care to orient it correctly...
(2019-11-20, 15:38)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-11-20, 14:35)lovnblack Wrote:
(2019-11-06, 01:51)wrxtasy Wrote: To make it cheaper..
You only need the 2GB Odroid N2 - CE edition to run Kodi at Max speed, with no limitations.

ODROID-N2 Gehäuse transparent case - is NOT needed. CE edition already comes with a case.

ODROID USB3.0 eMMC Module Writer - is NOT needed. You issue an ‘installtointernal’ command to copy CE from microSDHC to eMMC.
See this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2894545

Odroid IR Remote Controller for C1+/C2/N2 - is NOT needed, the MINIX A2 lite remote is far superior and will be a hell of a lot more responsive.

Odroid WiFi Module 5A Is only needed if you are Not using hardwired Ethernet.

In fact high bitrate 4K HDR Bluray Rips requires you to use Gigabit Ethernet only otherwise expect trouble.

Hi again, I just received all necessary parts. Now Im looking for a How to Setup and installation guide, can you suggest me usefull link for this guide please ?
I guees I need to plug eMMC modul which we bought seperately, and I need to transfer coreleec files from SD card which they send with N2 to the our new eMMC right ?
And I really need to find a how to link for complete necessary settings on N2. 

Hi,
Startup CE Kodi from the SD card, without the eMMC module installed.

Make sure you enable SSH login when you setup CE Kodi.
If you did not enable SSH initially, then you can reenable it in Kodi > Settings > CoreELEC ....

Then use the following mini guide to SSH login to CE from a PC or Mac and issue the installtoemmc command:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2894545

To turn OFF the N2 with a MINIX A2 lite remote, follow this HERE (click)

Further support over on the CoreELEC forums please.

W. 

Hi again,

Unfortunately N2 did not work! And unfortunately we need to learn troubles and tech issues of the products after we bought them and open the box...today I followed all instructions but unfortunately N2 did not boot from SD card (which is came with N2) when I turn it on it gives 2 or 3 times coreelec logo on my tv but after that no signal.  I thought maybe files are damaged in SD card so that I format it and download and install latest version of coreelec nightly version but the result is the same. I dont have any technical knowledge for this kind of issues but I can follow your suggestion and I hope I can fix this. Btw, I can see N2 on my computer router list, sys led blinking in blue color 2 times at once (properly and continiously) everything looks ok except no video signal after a few coreelec logo on my TV

Sad
Try a different HDMi cable and display.. sounds like an hdmi handshake problem.
(2019-11-22, 18:33)lovnblack Wrote: Hi again,

Unfortunately N2 did not work! And unfortunately we need to learn troubles and tech issues of the products after we bought them and open the box...today I followed all instructions but unfortunately N2 did not boot from SD card (which is came with N2) when I turn it on it gives 2 or 3 times coreelec logo on my tv but after that no signal.  I thought maybe files are damaged in SD card so that I format it and download and install latest version of coreelec nightly version but the result is the same. I dont have any technical knowledge for this kind of issues but I can follow your suggestion and I hope I can fix this. Btw, I can see N2 on my computer router list, sys led blinking in blue color 2 times at once (properly and continiously) everything looks ok except no video signal after a few coreelec logo on my TV

Sad 

This is most probably the case with some UHD TVs to which N2 is connected with a low quality HDMI cable. Initial 1080p resolution passes OK, but once the resolution is switched to 2160p to display Kodi it fails.
You are not the only one with inferior HDMI cable to experience this problem and shouldn't have destroyed preinstalled CoreElec before you made some inquiries into the problem...
(2019-11-22, 21:20)Sholander Wrote:

Sad 

This is most probably the case with some UHD TVs to which N2 is connected with a low quality HDMI cable. Initial 1080p resolution passes OK, but once the resolution is switched to 2160p to display Kodi it fails.
You are not the only one with inferior HDMI cable to experience this problem and shouldn't have destroyed preinstalled CoreElec before you made some inquiries into the problem... 
ops! I already formatted sd card and downloaded nigthly Sad did I mess up everything ? So if I understand you correctly tomorrow I need to try it with another hdmi cable, no need to try editing ini file ?
(2019-11-22, 20:49)ozkhan1 Wrote: Try a different HDMi cable and display.. sounds like an hdmi handshake problem.

OK tomorrow I will with another hdmi cable. But display...I can try it on computer monitor, but is it only for boot process right, I hope it doesn't mean my N2 and TV incompatible and I have to change my TV?
(2019-11-22, 22:27)lovnblack Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 20:49)ozkhan1 Wrote: Try a different HDMi cable and display.. sounds like an hdmi handshake problem.

OK tomorrow I will with another hdmi cable. But display...I can try it on computer monitor, but is it only for boot process right, I hope it doesn't mean my N2 and TV incompatible and I have to change my TV? 

Most probably this will be not a problem.
Question:
When would you recommend the N2 over the Fire TV Cube (for probably 60€ on BF)?
(2019-11-22, 22:27)lovnblack Wrote:

I doubt it but mentioned it to cover everything in your device chain. Hopefully it’s just the cable. It could be a bad video controller on the N2 as well.
(2019-11-22, 22:06)lovnblack Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 21:20)Sholander Wrote:

Sad 

ops! I already formatted sd card and downloaded nigthly Sad did I mess up everything ? So if I understand you correctly tomorrow I need to try it with another hdmi cable, no need to try editing ini file ?

You needs to use a 18Gbps capable HDMI cable once you move into the 4K/ 60p HDR realm.
I use the cheap 18Gbps Amazon basics ones, about 2 meters in length.

Those cables are even good enough for the Ultra demanding, and very picky 4K DolbyVision streaming from my Apple TV 4K.

PS if you have a decent 4K HDR TV that has great picture upscaling, run CoreELEC Kodi at 1080p and let the 4K TV upscale all non 4K content (including the 1080p Kodi user interface).

CE Kodi will auto Resolution switch to 4K when viewing 4K content anyway.

(2019-11-22, 23:56)JustATest Wrote: Question:
When would you recommend the N2 over the Fire TV Cube (for probably 60€ on BF)?

For demanding 4K HDR & lossless HD audio with Multichannel LPCM - Kodi Leia usage, yes very much so. Especially if your usage also involves interlaced OTA TV viewing. Simply add a MINIX A2 lite remote and some minor configuration and you are good to go.

Not so demanding and want great paid for video streaming, 4K HDR DolbyVision streaming Apps support with lossy Audio, then get the 2019 Cube.

(2019-11-23, 01:38)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 22:06)lovnblack Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 21:20)Sholander Wrote: This is most probably the case with some UHD TVs to which N2 is connected with a low quality HDMI cable. Initial 1080p resolution passes OK, but once the resolution is switched to 2160p to display Kodi it fails.

You needs to use a 18Gbps capable HDMI cable once you move into the 4K/ 60p HDR realm.

Those cables are even good enough for the Ultra demanding, and very picky 4K DolbyVision streaming from my Apple TV 4K.

PS if you have a decent 4K HDR TV that has great picture upscaling, run CoreELEC Kodi at 1080p and let the 4K TV upscale all non 4K content (including the 1080p Kodi user interface).

I don't understand, how it can be about to using a 18Gbps capable HDMI cable once I move into the 4K/ 60p HDR realm? It's just boot screen and I don't think it's 4k or high bit rate video, and if it was about hdmi cable then I mustn't see coreelec logo on my TV 2 times after I turn on N2, after that logo shown I guess N2 try to send video signal in wrong resolation or something else. But anyway I will try a quality hdmi cable tomorrow.
(2019-11-23, 02:13)lovnblack Wrote:
(2019-11-22, 22:06)lovnblack Wrote: ops! I already formatted sd card and downloaded nigthly Sad did I mess up everything ? So if I understand you correctly tomorrow I need to try it with another hdmi cable, no need to try editing ini file ?

I don't understand, how it can be about to using a 18Gbps capable HDMI cable once I move into the 4K/ 60p HDR realm? It's just boot screen and I don't think it's 4k or high bit rate video, and if it was about hdmi cable then I mustn't see coreelec logo on my TV 2 times after I turn on N2, after that logo shown I guess N2 try to send video signal in wrong resolation or something else. But anyway I will try a quality hdmi cable tomorrow. 

I think the Core Elec boot screen is 1080p - but if you have a 4K display, the N2 will switch to 4K60 when Kodi itself starts running (as your TV will tell your N2 that it supports 2160p60 modes).  

This means that you get the boot screen but may not get the Kodi screen if your HDMI cable can't reliably carry the higher bandwidth HDMI 2.0 modes required for 2160p60.  

When I upgraded to a UHD TV, UHD capable AVR, UHD Blu-ray player, Apple TV 4K etc. I had to replace pretty much every HDMI cable in my installation as they all had issues with 2160p60 4:2:2 video - and either gave me drop outs, sparkles, unreliable connections or 'Unrecognised format' type errors.
(2019-11-22, 22:06)lovnblack Wrote: ops! I already formatted sd card and downloaded nigthly Sad did I mess up everything ? So if I understand you correctly tomorrow I need to try it with another hdmi cable, no need to try editing ini file ?

I think the Core Elec boot screen is 1080p - but if you have a 4K display, the N2 will switch to 4K60 when Kodi itself starts running (as your TV will tell your N2 that it supports 2160p60 modes).  

This means that you get the boot screen but may not get the Kodi screen if your HDMI cable can't reliably carry the higher bandwidth HDMI 2.0 modes required for 2160p60.  

When I upgraded to a UHD TV, UHD capable AVR, UHD Blu-ray player, Apple TV 4K etc. I had to replace pretty much every HDMI cable in my installation as they all had issues with 2160p60 4:2:2 video - and either gave me drop outs, sparkles, unreliable connections or 'Unrecognised format' type errors.

I DIDN'T pay for expensive 18Gbps cables - but did ensure the ones I purchased were low cost, good value, HDMI Premium Certified with an official hologram logo on the packaging.
(2019-11-23, 02:44)noggin Wrote:
(2019-11-23, 01:38)wrxtasy Wrote: You needs to use a 18Gbps capable HDMI cable once you move into the 4K/ 60p HDR realm.

I DIDN'T pay for expensive 18Gbps cables - but did ensure the ones I purchased were low cost, good value, HDMI Premium Certified with an official hologram logo on the packaging.

Thank you for helping I solved my problem with a new higher quality hdmi cable, I completed all installation and setup, N2 ready to work.

But please let me ask you guys about av transfer to my AV reciever and TV. It sounds little bit complicated to me, I confused.

N2 got only one hdmi out and it transfer audio and video at the same time right? I need to transfer (passthrough) a 4k movie’s Dolby atmos or dtsx sounds to my av reciever, and transfer video of movie to my TV. How I will do that with one single hdmi out?

Maybe with HDMI ARC function, but how, in which order? From N2 to av reciever and then from reciever to TV?

Can you please help me to understand this logic?

My av reciever is onkyo tx nr 686 with Dolby atmos, dtsx and hdmi arc function.

My TV is LG 55 UK6470PLC with hdmi arc function and without Dolby atmos dtsx decoding (so that I bought N2 for able to passthrough dolby atmos and dtsx to my reciever)

Thanx
  • 230(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Dec 2020)28