• 194(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
I just grab the message from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...beta_2205/ 

MDZ-22-AB] Mi Box S Android 9 PIE Beta 3
https://android.googleapis.com/packages/...ef6ea5.zip
Is it still possible to change the launcher using ADB or temporary root the original Xiaomi Mi Box?

I found a instruction in this thread to do it via ADB in Android 6 (Marshmallow) but it doesn't work with the current Android 8 on the box.
Hey guys, I made a thread here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=350115 about troubles with Kodi video playback on the Mi Box S.

Any feedback would gladly help, thanks.
Someone can tell me if auto switch resolution is Posible? I really hate the upscaled 1080p the mi box 3 does, my tv delivers better upscaled bit everything is upscaled to 4k through the mi box.

Another issue is that after a change of refresh rate, for example to 23.97hz, the refresh remains even after the movie stops and I left Kodi. The whole mi box now runs at 24hz.

If this 2 things aren't possible though the mi box, can someone recommend me a better (affordable) Kodi box? I only need Kodi, I use the apps on the TV for streaming.
(2019-12-18, 19:39)ra.luigi Wrote: Someone can tell me if auto switch resolution is Posible? I really hate the upscaled 1080p the mi box 3 does, my tv delivers better upscaled bit everything is upscaled to 4k through the mi box.

There is a bug in current Mi Box Oreo Firmware in that when auto Refresh switching, even for non 4K content, it will also Resolution switch from 1080p to 4K, when you do not want it to.

Quote:Another issue is that after a change of refresh rate, for example to 23.97hz, the refresh remains even after the movie stops and I left Kodi. The whole mi box now runs at 24hz.

That will be due to having Kodi > Settings > Player > Adjust Display Refresh Rate set to “Start”
Set it to Start/Stop

Quote:If this 2 things aren't possible though the mi box, can someone recommend me a better (affordable) Kodi box? I only need Kodi, I use the apps on the TV for streaming.

All you need is something like an 2GB ODROID N2 - CoreELEC edition. A MINIX A2 lite remote teams up with that nicely.

Other quality hardware is the snappy S902X2 chipset equipped UGOOS X2 Cube, that can also run CoreELEC Kodi.
Like this ONE (click)

The G20 wireless remote should work just fine with that X2. You will also need a Sandisk or Samsung EVO Class 10 U1 or U3 microSDHC card (and SD adapter) to flash the CoreELEC image on to.

(2019-11-14, 11:55)Koryand'R Wrote:
(2019-11-02, 06:00)DoctorBR Wrote: Android TV Pie 9 BETA 2205 released for MDZ-22-AB

It is probably possible to have 5.1 audio from Netflix with any home theater:

Please, could any beta user test if it's possible to obtain Dolby Digital 5.1 audio through the optical toslink cable? Thanks! 
I tested and it worked well with Netflix and Amazon Prime apps. Dolby Digital 5.1 audio worked well with S/pdif setting.

However, i am on able to have DD 5.1 works on Kodi 18.5 Netflix add-an
(2019-12-11, 13:23)garcea Wrote: I just grab the message from reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comme...beta_2205/ 

MDZ-22-AB] Mi Box S Android 9 PIE Beta 3
https://android.googleapis.com/packages/...ef6ea5.zip

Have you tried to install Android 9PIE Beta 3 on Mi S box? if so, have you able to make Kodi Netflix add-on work with Dolby Digital 5.1?
(2019-12-18, 21:30)mikenewland101 Wrote: I tested and it worked well with Netflix and Amazon Prime apps. Dolby Digital 5.1 audio worked well with S/pdif setting.

Thank you very much (^-^)
Hoping Mi Box 3 to get an update soon too!
(2019-12-18, 20:55)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-12-18, 19:39)ra.luigi Wrote: Someone can tell me if auto switch resolution is Posible? I really hate the upscaled 1080p the mi box 3 does, my tv delivers better upscaled bit everything is upscaled to 4k through the mi box.

There is a bug in current Mi Box Oreo Firmware in that when auto Refresh switching, even for non 4K content, it will also Resolution switch from 1080p to 4K, when you do not want it to.

Quote:Another issue is that after a change of refresh rate, for example to 23.97hz, the refresh remains even after the movie stops and I left Kodi. The whole mi box now runs at 24hz.

That will be due to having Kodi > Settings > Player > Adjust Display Refresh Rate set to “Start”
Set it to Start/Stop

Quote:If this 2 things aren't possible though the mi box, can someone recommend me a better (affordable) Kodi box? I only need Kodi, I use the apps on the TV for streaming.

All you need is something like an 2GB ODROID N2 - CoreELEC edition. A MINIX A2 lite remote teams up with that nicely.

Other quality hardware is the snappy S902X2 chipset equipped UGOOS X2 Cube, that can also run CoreELEC Kodi.
Like this ONE (click)

The G20 wireless remote should work just fine with that X2. You will also need a Sandisk or Samsung EVO Class 10 U1 or U3 microSDHC card (and SD adapter) to flash the CoreELEC image on to.

My tv is 4k but my avr is just 1080p capable, since I have the majority of my movies on 1080p I want to use the mi box 3 on 1080p but I cannot select in any way 23.98 or 24p playback, it changes automatically to 4k resolution and I have the no signal message, I just want to use in 1080p with proper 24fps mode bc I tried 60hz and is not working well the 3:2 pulldown, I out of ideas.
I just got a Mi Box S and was hoping to use it with my 5 TB WD hard drive. However, because I have some large files on there outside of media collection, it's currently formatted as HFS. I was really hoping to use the Mi Box and Kodi to catalogue everything, but I can't access the hard drive without reformatting it. It's a ton of files, and I have nowhere to put them if the only solution is reformatting everything. Is there some way to get my HD to recognize in Kodi/the Mi Box without losing all my files?
HFS is an Apple File System, so you have bad opinios outside the Apple World...

I think there is no Android TV Device that can read HFS Filesystem.

You should use exFAT for the best compatibility between different „worlds“.
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
(2019-12-24, 00:11)shrugg1e Wrote: HFS is an Apple File System, so you have bad opinios outside the Apple World...

I think there is no Android TV Device that can read HFS Filesystem.

You should use exFAT for the best compatibility between different „worlds“.

And the Mi Box S should read exFAT, no problem?
Hello there,

I own a mibox mdz-16-ab and want to use it for streaming my games from my PC with steam link. Kodi is running great with it.
I bought a Xbox one s controller (Bluetooth) but unfortunately it doesn't work with all buttons.
Is it possible to include a "kl" file somehow? Does anyone has a contact with a xiaomi developer?

With this file
https://android.googlesource.com/platfor...ct_02fd.kl

The controller will work. But only the manufacturer or someone with root access can do it.

With my Xiaomi Mi9SE it works. I suppose this file is present in the Mi9 firmware.

It would be great to be able to use this controller.
Maybe there could be a beta, it is really a small change only.
Or could there be a system app developed by Xiaomi?

Any other ideas to get it work?
In the gaming section within kodi the gamepad is useless too.

Thanks
Backend: Asrock N3150 with Ubuntu 22.04 Server with TvHeadend 
Living Room: Nvidia Shield with Kodi
Other Kodi Clients: Coreelec, Mibox, Windows
(2019-12-24, 00:12)Gambit1138 Wrote: And the Mi Box S should read exFAT, no problem?

Exactly.
TV: Metz Novum 55 OLED Made in Germany | UHD BD Player: Sony UBP-X700 | Streaming Player: Apple TV 4K (2. Gen), Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), Xiaomi Mi Box 3
now the final upgrade on android 9 with OTA
  • 194(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21