• 27(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2020-02-01, 12:29)pklinqi Wrote:
(2020-02-01, 11:40)jogal Wrote:
Quote:try 2.0 version 

very very very heavy stuttering

1.9.2 is good to me

and i mean dxva is close  dxva2 booster
I'm sorry but I don't understand anything. I come to think that it is some kind of strategy to try to confuse people.

Troll?   
Sorry, i will make a video 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK7895jtyWg

plz check this, very heavy stuttering 

Switch to pixel shader from DXVA.
For those still having "stuttering" this is a test version (2.0.1):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/80ofx77tzk...1.rar/file

No installer, only copy kodi.exe to C:\Program Files\Kodi

Please report back!

(is strange because only occurs in nvidia and not all systems... Intel NU8i3 going perfect)
Can't get this to run on my PC... Installs then won't open?
(2020-02-01, 22:48)jogal Wrote: For those still having "stuttering" this is a test version (2.0.1):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/80ofx77tzk...1.rar/file

No installer, only copy kodi.exe to C:\Program Files\Kodi

Please report back!

(is strange because only occurs in nvidia and not all systems... Intel NU8i3 going perfect)
Tried this and unfortunately, it re-introduces the tearing issue so I can't tell if it helps with the stuttering or now.
Version 2.1.0
Updated at 02-02-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Updated with latest master branch commits. Includes UHD BD improvements.
Fix for 4K HDR 60 fps content (Gemini Man).
Disabled Nvidia sharing textures (stuttering fix).
SetMaximumFrameLatency to 1 again.
Discrete decoding can use D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases

Have fun!    Smile
Hi jogal,
Is the HDR on/off function linked to a keyboard shortcut? Or can I do that via advanced settings?
Available in the shutdown item, one button to active/desactive. Only appear the option if your device support hdr.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2020-02-02, 18:49)Wanilton Wrote: Available in the shutdown item, one button to active/desactive. Only appear the option if your device support hdr.
I know that [emoji16].
But I would like to program a keyboard shortcut on my remote to only activate it when I play HDR titles
(2020-02-02, 14:50)jogal Wrote: Version 2.1.0

Have fun!    Smile

Using Nvidia GTX 1060 with this latest version and not experiencing any issues with stuttering or tearing.

I want to make sure everything works in this latest version, so this is what happens when I use this version.

I open Kodi and my TV goes black for a couple seconds, because Windows HDR gets activated but my TV is still in SDR mode. While on the Kodi main menu, my TV shows that it is in SDR mode. If I Alt+Tab to the Windows desktop, my TV switches to HDR mode. Alt+Tab back to Kodi, it goes to SDR mode. I play a 1080p movie without HDR and it stays in SDR mode. If I play a 4k movie with HDR, my TV then switches to HDR mode. Stop movie, TV back to SDR mode. If I close Kodi, Windows HDR stays enabled though. I am not using Estuary theme, so I can't disable HDR mode from in Kodi.

Is this correct that even though Windows HDR is on, Kodi is using SDR mode until an HDR movie is played? Based off other comments in this thread, I thought Kodi would be in HDR mode any time Windows HDR was enabled, causing max brightness and other issues during SDR content. I'm not getting that on my end though, HDR is only on when HDR content is played.
(2020-02-02, 19:14)yeahme49 Wrote:
(2020-02-02, 14:50)jogal Wrote: Version 2.1.0

Have fun!    Smile

Using Nvidia GTX 1060 with this latest version and not experiencing any issues with stuttering or tearing.

Is this correct that even though Windows HDR is on, Kodi is using SDR mode until an HDR movie is played? Based off other comments in this thread, I thought Kodi would be in HDR mode any time Windows HDR was enabled, causing max brightness and other issues during SDR content. I'm not getting that on my end though, HDR is only on when HDR content is played.     

This is correct.  With NVIDIA  HDR <==> SDR  switch is totally automatic and is not needed toggle button. However Intel and Ryzen have other behavior and it is necessary manual toggle. Even so, if SDR contents are reproduced with HDR activated, the colors are correct.

Quote:Using Nvidia GTX 1060 with this latest version and not experiencing any issues with stuttering or tearing.

EUREKA!!! It seems that this version definitely fixes NVIDIA issues for ALL!
Probably what is popularly known as "Ryzen color space bug" is not a bug but a feature. It works just like Intel integrated Graphics.... Or maybe Intel has always had the same bug....
Since the "Use Display HDR capabilities" option toggles Windows HDR on when Kodi starts, can it also toggle Windows HDR off when closing Kodi?
(2020-02-02, 19:31)yeahme49 Wrote: Since the "Use Display HDR capabilities" option toggles Windows HDR on when Kodi starts, can it also toggle Windows HDR off when closing Kodi?

It is difficult to make it work to everyone's taste but I am considering adding more options.

Note that if you only want to use HDR occasionally, you can also disable "Use Display HDR capabilities" and use toggle button prior to watching HDR content.

Also with "Use Display HDR capabilities" = OFF    if HDR is ON when Kodi starts force it OFF.

Use Display HDR capabilities force Windows display settings to have the same configuration as Kodi (when kodi starts)
That option goes into advanced setting, is that correct?
Its in Kodi Settings->Player in the latest version, no longer an advanced setting
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2