Modify recently added movies' list
Hello there.

I have been using Quartz theme for some time now and its simplicity coupled with its looks and power make it an amazing skin.

I would like to change the behaviour of the default recently added movies list as shown under the default home menu of movies appearing as "Newly added".

More specifically I wish to include only new movies (based on 'year' field).

I know I can accomplish this by creating a new smart playlist and add it to the menu but thought to ask if I can do the same by changing some default files.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome aboard. Playlist is definitely how I would handle this but if you're intent on modifying the skin you could change line 234 in Home.xml to something like this:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;videodb://movies/years/2020/&quot;,return)</onclick>

Navigate there and use the option menu to change sort criteria to: Date added. Descending. This should behave as you describe until the skin is updated. Rather inelegant but I can't think of a better way to do it without a playlist.
(2020-02-09, 11:32)nonJon Wrote: Rather inelegant but I can't think of a better way to do it without a playlist.

Hello and thanks for your quick response as well as for your continuous efforts.

I ended up using a smart playlist so as to keep the addition after a skin update.

My follow-up question would be how do you handle 'favourites' in your skin?
Is there a way to navigate and edit them from within the skin or should I just edit the favourites.xml?
Namely; I wish to rename some of them.

Cheers!
(2020-02-09, 19:27)nistsio Wrote: [..] Is there a way to navigate and edit them from within the skin [..]

Yes. Start here...

Then summon the context menu with keyboard shortcut 'c' or long-press select.
(2020-02-09, 20:03)nonJon Wrote: Yes. Start here...

Many thanks for that.

I had those 'Favourites' hidden from my Kodi home menu listing since day one and never noticed it was there.

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modify recently added movies' list0