• 36(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2020-02-18, 11:32)theo08 Wrote: hi there, 
first of all thanks jogal for your awesome work!
sorry to bring this up again but despite the discussion here, i am still hella confused about how to set up the signal in an optimal way...

as far as i understand it jogal recommends the following settings:

- RGB/8bit/FULL(@nvidia/system panel)--FULL(@Kodi)--FULL(@TV). is that correct? What about the black level setting of the TV? I suppose it should be high? if i set it to low blacks are crushed on my LG Oled C9

using these settings is fool proof? meaning there is no scenario where it is necessary to adjust the settings to LIMITED on either Nvidia/Kodi/TV?

what about this set up?
- YCBCR4.22/12bit/limited(nvidia)--FULL or LIMITED? (@kodi)-- FULL or LIMITED? (@TV)
Read the last 20 or 30 posts.

Film content is limited colorspace always. If the primary focus is on film content and if you want the best image quality use either ycbcr or RGB Studio limited and set your TV and Kodi accordingly - this avoids color level expansion.
In the HDMI spec the best option for ycbcr is 422 as either 8 or 10bit followed by 444. There is no video identification code for 420 even if all content is 420.

This look correct with auto video rendering selected? (SW)
As even when I select dxva it remains the same

to me looks like software is rendering the content? when it should be hardware....
For some reason seems that in your system is not working DXVA and is fallback to SW decoder/render.

This is not normal behavior.

Check if DXVA2 setting is enabled in Settings > Player

DXVA2 controls if HEVC video decoding can be accelerated by HW.

DXVA refers to HW video rendering
DXVA2 refers to HW video decoding
(2020-02-20, 02:29)jogal Wrote: For some reason seems that in your system is not working DXVA and is fallback to SW decoder/render.

(2020-02-20, 02:29)jogal Wrote: For some reason seems that in your system is not working DXVA and is fallback to SW decoder/render.

should dxva2 be enabled then? as currently it is not enabled.

With dxva2 enabled (HW) seems to be working now thank you very much Jogal
Intresting

with dxva2 hw decoding activated as above i get stutter every 4/5 mins or so last about 30 seconds.

any advice please?

using 1080ti, Jogals reccomended settings latest slow build windows 10

for 1080p and 2160p content
Version 3.0.0
Updated at 21-02-2020 (forked from Kodi 19 alpha master).

Auto switch HDR mode and color space.
Only toggles HDR in screen currently used by Kodi (if system has various HDR screens).
Changed behavior of setting "Use display HDR capabilities": now enables HDR auto switch mode.
Updated with latest master branch commits. Includes ffmpeg 4.2.2.

https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/releases

Have fun!  Cool
Will try and test this weekend, thanks for the update
thanks for the reply.

last question: Is there any hope to get Emby libraries working with this any time soon?

i know it's python 3 vs 2. But are there going to be any changes to either emby or this fork to enable us importing our emby libraries?

there is the MediaImport Project which apparently works but with that one there is no HDR support Sad
many thanks Jogal,

will give it a try

Just hope tone mapping dosnt keep re enabling after every start up and exit like last version for some reason the setting didnt seem to save? maybe because hrd turns on and off every time which re enables tone mapping?

also secondary screen flickering on start up and screen hang on exit
This latest version is working well, when opening Kodi it doesn't toggle Windows HDR, until I play a video that is HDR. I like the change. Only issue is it doesn't disable Windows HDR when I stop that video. If it can disable Windows HDR after watching an HDR video, this would be perfect IMO.
HDR is disabled when start SDR video. Is done purposely for minimize HDR <--> SDR switching.

You will probably see several consecutive SDR videos or HDR consecutive videos. No switch in this case.

start in SDR

play HDR video  => switch display to HDR
stop
play HDR video => no switch
stop
play SRD video => switch display to SDR
sotp
play SDR video => no switch
stop
play HDR video => switch display to HDR
stop
exit to desktop => switch display to SDR

goto start Smile
(2020-02-22, 13:54)theo08 Wrote: thanks for the reply.

last question: Is there any hope to get Emby libraries working with this any time soon?

i know it's python 3 vs 2. But are there going to be any changes to either emby or this fork to enable us importing our emby libraries?

there is the MediaImport Project which apparently works but with that one there is no HDR support Sad
I don't use Emby, but there seems to be an Embycon addon beta ver that is Py3.

scott s.
(2020-02-22, 13:54)theo08 Wrote: thanks for the reply.

Embycon Beta works with python, but it is very basic.
It's the inability of using my Emby server with v19 that keeps me from using this build. I only tested so far.
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2