• 35(current)
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator
(2019-03-20, 17:17)Powerhouse Wrote: Just tried this add-on on Kodi 18.1 running on Nvidia Shield TV (Andoid TV I have several of these boxes), and it doesn't work. I do have this working on a Shield TV that is running Kodi 17.6, and everything works great there.

I uses the setting to have all the Sets Artwork download to a Central File location, if that matters. All settings are the same between the version running on Kodi 17.6 and Kodi 18.1, yet MSAA doesn't work for my in Kodi 18.1.
 im using it on shield tv 7.2.3 with kodi 18.1, works perfect!
Are you using the default skin, or something different?
(2019-03-20, 18:18)Powerhouse Wrote: Are you using the default skin, or something different?
 Estuary Modv2
(2019-03-20, 17:21)spl147 Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 17:17)Powerhouse Wrote: Just tried this add-on on Kodi 18.1 running on Nvidia Shield TV (Andoid TV I have several of these boxes), and it doesn't work. I do have this working on a Shield TV that is running Kodi 17.6, and everything works great there.

I uses the setting to have all the Sets Artwork download to a Central File location, if that matters. All settings are the same between the version running on Kodi 17.6 and Kodi 18.1, yet MSAA doesn't work for my in Kodi 18.1.
 im using it on shield tv 7.2.3 with kodi 18.1, works perfect! 
Running Kodi 18.5 with Esutary skin with some addons on Nvidia Shield TV. Have the movie set automator addon installed (great! thought it was dead), ran it and it says it updated many of my sets. OK, cool, but is there a way to manually set the movie poster from a folder I have stored on my attached SD drive?
Highlight the movie set
Call up the Context Menu
Select Manage
Select Choose Art

In v19, there is a new Information Page for movie sets, and you can select the Choose art button there.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-03-09, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: Highlight the movie set
Call up the Context Menu
Select Manage
Select Choose Art

In v19, there is a new Information Page for movie sets, and you can select the Choose art button there.

That's what I mean, I can see navigate to the file I want (.jpeg, .png, etc), see the poster and choose it but nothing happens.
(2020-03-09, 22:34)Hampone Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: Highlight the movie set
Call up the Context Menu
Select Manage
Select Choose Art

That's what I mean, I can see navigate to the file I want (.jpeg, .png, etc), see the poster and choose it but nothing happens. 

Wait, does the file HAVE to be named poster.jpeg (.png, etc) or can it say the name of the movie.jpeg?
(2020-03-09, 22:34)Hampone Wrote: That's what I mean, I can see navigate to the file I want (.jpeg, .png, etc), see the poster and choose it but nothing happens.
You are most likely encountering the 24 hour cache issue.

If you try to replace poster.jpg with another poster.jpg file (or any two images with the same filename), then it takes up to 24 hours for the change to take effect when Kodi re-checks the image hash.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Tongue 
(2020-03-09, 22:48)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-03-09, 22:34)Hampone Wrote: That's what I mean, I can see navigate to the file I want (.jpeg, .png, etc), see the poster and choose it but nothing happens.
You are most likely encountering the 24 hour cache issue.

If you try to replace poster.jpg with another poster.jpg file (or any two images with the same filename), then it takes up to 24 hours for the change to take effect when Kodi re-checks the image hash. 

Ah. I just did a test on one of my sets. I went to my file manager on the Shield (X-Plore), searched for the folder and changed the picture I wanted from "folder.jpeg" to "poster.jpeg". Opened Kodi and re-ran the addon and the movie set now displays the correct poster. Seems I HAVE to rename it to "poster." or it won't work. Thanks Karellen. I appreciate your timely response (thought I would have to wait months for one :-)
Also, the addon DOES NOT update current sets that may have a designated .jpeg as well (as Karellen stated) so my process is going to much longer have to individually rename ALL my selected movie set posters to "poster.jpeg". One more thing, apparently, the.png file designation does not work. You have to use .jpeg but I will have to test this out.
(2020-03-09, 22:54)Hampone Wrote: Seems I HAVE to rename it to "poster." or it won't work. Thanks Karellen
You are welcome.

But a bit of advice. This addon is out of date. I suggest you read this page to ensure you are covered for v18 changes and upcoming v19 changes which will eventually break this addon. If you start changing filenames to something different than what Kodi searches for you are going to get yourself into trouble in future... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets_artwork
My Signature
Thanks. I guess I should just remove this addon and use the provide link to install the other one.
At least for Kodi versions before Kodi 19 pre-alpha (needs Python 3 addons) I think Artwork Beef addon does what MSAA does, but has active support.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I have just updated the addon to work in Kodi Matrix (v19). This also includes a fix for issue raised by vbat99 where you can have double slashes in path when using SMB artwork folder.

Sorry for the sloppy support, this has been working for me all these years so haven't need to revisit it.

Note: The purpose of this addon is still for people who manage their metadata manually and want to assign artwork to their sets not scraped by Kodi. If you want to use the new Movie set information folder that works with scrapers, you probably don't need this addon.
(2021-07-25, 08:19)trentf Wrote: I have just updated the addon to work in Kodi Matrix (v19). This also includes a fix for issue raised by vbat99 where you can have double slashes in path when using SMB artwork folder.

Sorry for the sloppy support, this has been working for me all these years so haven't need to revisit it.

Note: The purpose of this addon is still for people who manage their metadata manually and want to assign artwork to their sets not scraped by Kodi. If you want to use the new Movie set information folder that works with scrapers, you probably don't need this addon.

Hi.  The matrix download doesn't work unfortunately
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Movie Set Artwork Automator6