• 41(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
@jurialmunkey
Thank you very much for your great work on this new skin.

I want to tell you two things:

1. I have observed that when I "click" on the "VIDEOCLIPS" menu and submenus that I have created, a new "video" window will open without any content.
(Works perfectly on AZ2 and Estuary skin).

2. In the information window of a "video clip", when you click on the "play" button, it does not play it and goes back to the previous screen. I have "Play Album Script" installed.
The widgets perfectly display the content of my "video clips" and play well using the "play" context menu.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.
My native language is not English. Sorry for my expressions.
Hi @jurialmunkey
There are a lot of great ideas in AH!
Like many, I find that it lacks additional views (at least the most useful) but I respect your idea and it may take time to adapt. The idea of ​​standardizing everything is really appreciable, it is often what is lacking in others (in general it is confined to film and series, and for the rest you have to do as you can).
I just used it a bit to get an idea and here are some ideas that might interest you:
  1. Respecting your idea of ​​simplifying to get to the point, why not delete "overview" in panel ? You just need to arrow up to display the synopsis.
  2. Concerning the synopsis precisely, I think that the line spacing of the text should be tightened even if it makes the font even bigger to be able to read easily from the back of the sofa. I also think it would be more aesthetic to justify the text.
  3. I find it unnecessary to display the gallery in the overview since it is already present at the bottom of the information panel. In addition, these images are often of very different formats and of very variable quality. I would prefer that we can see the fanart in full screen by pressing the arrow again for example.
  4. On the different views (movies, tv shows, music ...), I find the summary illegible because too small to be read from the sofa (it is not specific to AH but to all skins), and it is really a shame for a mediacenter supposed to be on the living room TV. With this in mind, instead of displaying an illegible summary, why not replace it with the "tag line" with a sufficient font size, that we see too rarely for my taste in skins? It's made to inspire the desire to know more or to play the media. In addition it will take less space, and would allow to display larger covers !
  5. And I don't know if it's this period of confinement or not, but I find that having the date at the time level would be really appreciated ... Difficult to know what day it is right now ...
  6. Also, I think you should make a choice of menu for the parameters: either the native, or the specific to the Arctic series, which I find very successful. It just lacks the logs, the file manager and the addon manager.
Anyway, I think AH is going in the right direction. Good job !
(2020-03-28, 05:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: FYI - Feature Added: Submenu Popup

I've now added a feature for a submenu popup menu. This menu can be added to any mainmenu shortcut from the Common shortcuts - it will cause the submenu popup onclick.

This is Great!
(2020-03-01, 01:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-01, 01:25)netchick Wrote: Sorry if this is a dumb question, @jurialmunkey, but how can I throw a donation your way? Least I could do for all the work you do, and a small thank you for a skin I use every day on four Nvidia Shields in my house!

Thanks again!

There should be a link on the AZ2 first post, but here's the link to my paypal:
http://www.paypal.me/jurialmunkey

Much appreciated! Big Grin 

Sorry it took so long - I’ve been sick. Thanks again for all your hard work!
For those of you looking for a new solution for your submenu widgets, checkout AutoWidget: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352934

I've just released version 1.2.5, and among its uses is the ability to make a "shortcut group", set it as a widget, and control the aspect (among other things) yourself. This means you can have submenu widgets of any size, any aspect, etc... And a bunch of other neat stuff Big Grin

I don't want to hijack this thread for my plug, but feel free to direct any questions or comments to the release thread, linked above Wink
(2020-03-28, 23:27)drinfernoo Wrote: For those of you looking for a new solution for your submenu widgets, checkout AutoWidget: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352934

I've just released version 1.2.5, and among its uses is the ability to make a "shortcut group", set it as a widget, and control the aspect (among other things) yourself. This means you can have submenu widgets of any size, any aspect, etc... And a bunch of other neat stuff Big Grin

I don't want to hijack this thread for my plug, but feel free to direct any questions or comments to the release thread, linked above Wink

What is the functionality here? One row of widgets changing automatically from lets say Popular movies to Trending Movies? Would be usefull to change automatically the widget rows in my opinion
(2020-03-29, 00:08)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 23:27)drinfernoo Wrote: For those of you looking for a new solution for your submenu widgets, checkout AutoWidget: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352934

What is the functionality here? One row of widgets changing automatically from lets say Popular movies to Trending Movies? Would be usefull to change automatically the widget rows in my opinion

That's what happens with widget groups, yes. Unfortunately, I can't change which row widgets belong in... but one example usage (from my own main setup) is to have a widget group full of different lists of "kids" movies, like Pixar, DreamWorks, Disney, etc... and have multiple homescreen widgets (I have 4 dedicated to this) all pointed at the same group. This way, whenever they refresh, I get four rows of new widgets, all pulled from a pool of about 15 different lists.

Regarding shortcut groups, they don't "rotate out" like widget groups do, so they can be used as a persistent "submenu" widget.

EDIT: Again, stuff like this could be handled in the AutoWidget thread, so as not to clutter it up in here Big Grin
(2020-02-19, 09:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Genres View

Countries View

Hi,

I love your skin. It's really fantastic. How do I get those views to work?

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2020-03-15, 23:10)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 22:51)hoppel118 Wrote: This Looks amazing. Is it possible to implement a timeshift buffer like it is the case for the default estuary?

Have a look at the following github pulls by @ksooo

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14316
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14386
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/14387

Another question: Is it possible to use your skin with a remote that has only a few keys (ok, up, down, left, right, back, volume slider) like the nvidia shield remote (2015/2017 model)?

It would be really nice to have at least a button to play/pause at the pvr osd, maybe activateable per switch.

Regards Hoppel

I don't have these features in my PVR (it's a pretty simple implementation of Australian IPTV via the fantastic work of Matt Huisman). I can't get reception at my place so unfortunately I'm limited to IPTV implementations which makes these things really difficult to test. Once I release the skin, I'll look at adding some of these additional PVR features with the help of testers.

In terms of remote - Yes the skin should work with a simple remote. I've tried to focus on ensuring that I support mouse and 6 button remotes out of the box. 

I am ready to test. Wink

Another question: What do I have to do to see my pvr timers and recordings?

Regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2020-03-29, 00:44)hoppel118 Wrote:

Countries View

Hi,

Regards Hoppel

If I'm not mistaken, those views got removed? I could be wrong though Big Grin
(2020-03-28, 14:04)Rijs43 Wrote: How can I add movies to 'Favourites'? I do not see this option in context menu.

Thanks

I'll say it again for the people in the back: Skins don't control context menu items.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-03-29, 00:56)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 00:44)hoppel118 Wrote:

Countries View

Hi,

Regards Hoppel 

OK, I am fine with it. I found the genres widget:

(2020-03-28, 14:17)piscdi Wrote:
(2020-03-27, 06:55)jurialmunkey Wrote: Thanks. Please let me know if you see areas in PVR that are missing. The PVR I use is fairly simple and doesn't have a lot of the features that other PVR users use, so I rely on testers for a lot of features.
More than happy to do what little I can. Sorry for the response time; busy learning ins and outs of imgur (never used it before). 

A few things jumped out at me after a bit of extended use; some functional, some cosmetic and some because I probably don't know what I'm doing  Tongue

When you access the recordings, timers and timer rules sections, the icons are tiny; is that something I can change?

I also noticed that in your addons section, there is an option to change that view to a list orientation. Given how you feel about limiting views (I completely agree, BTW), would you consider offering a list view for the pvr folders (recordings, timers and timer rules)? 

Lastly (for now), when you search for "find similar" in a menu, in AH you get this:

And in Estuary, you get this:

I'll close by saying that AH does have some functionality that Estuary does not. You seem to have connected "recent recordings" to the TV Shows folder itself. We watched two shows (Designing Women and Chicago PD) from "TV Shows" and they got marked as watched wherever they appear in your skin. Estuary doesn't do that. THAT is a very cool feature.

Thanks again for all you do. I'm loving this skin.

Ah yeah - definitely shouldn't be that viewtype for timers/recordings. Can you test v0.1.60 and let me know your thoughts? Should now be using landscape for timers/recordings/search with the option to switch to list.

I don't really use the recordings part of PVR, so I'm definitely dependent on other users to let me know what is needed!
(2020-03-29, 01:09)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 00:56)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 00:44)hoppel118 Wrote: Hi,

Regards Hoppel 

Would it be useful for these types of widgets (e.g. genres/countries/studios) to also have access to the "submenu" type of aspect (double row icons)?
(2020-03-29, 01:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 01:09)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 00:56)drinfernoo Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, those views got removed? I could be wrong though Big Grin 

Would it be useful for these types of widgets (e.g. genres/countries/studios) to also have access to the "submenu" type of aspect (double row icons)? 
In my opinion these kind of widgets should look the same in every view. So, yes! Wink

• 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7