• 42(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
What do I have to configure to see this pvr submenu?

Thanks
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2020-03-29, 01:41)hoppel118 Wrote: What do I have to configure to see this pvr submenu?

Thanks

That looks like a submenu widget, set with Landscape aspect.
(2020-03-28, 19:09)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 18:32)lightsout Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 05:02)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah I don't really understand the need to see the year for movies widgets - it's definitely interesting information but not really relevant to making a watching decision. Very occasionally it is needed to differentiate between a remake but usually the poster is a better indicator of that - and in the very rare case you don't know which one is which you can always press info.

The "notes" is the little box icon to indicate that the item is in the local library. It's a good feature to have and I've found a decent solution to show it on widgets for only plugin items. It's this icon (on the Avengers poster corner).

Anyway to get an indicator of the resolution on this screen? I have a number of titles with a 4k and 1080p version. When I view my entire library there is no way to tell from this screen which one it is.

On that screen in particular, TMDbHelper would have to know which ones you have... If you're talking about a library view, I'd agree.

I'm never going to hear the end of this resolution flag question, am I? Wink
Guess I'll add it...
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-03-29, 01:41)hoppel118 Wrote: What do I have to configure to see this pvr submenu?

Thanks

You can add the submenu as a widget.
Choose Widget > Default Widgets > Other > Submenu
(2020-03-29, 01:45)drinfernoo Wrote:

Thanks

You don't need to set aspect for submenu widget - the aspect is automatically that aspect.
(2020-03-28, 16:36)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 16:09)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 15:42)hoopsdavis Wrote: jurialmunkey, will you include the option to allow for multi-image weather screen?   (where it shows screenshots of the current weather)

You can do this now. Simply set the fanart for the Weather window, by opening the window and pressing up Wink  
Thanks but when pressing up from the Weather app I don't get the option for fanart  (See image attached)

WeatherImage

If the option is not there then it's already been installed. It is only used if your background style is Overlay - it doesn't get used if background is Blur.
(2020-03-29, 01:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 01:45)drinfernoo Wrote:

Thanks

You don't need to set aspect for submenu widget - the aspect is automatically that aspect.

The aspect in his screenshot is a bigger one than the standard submenu widget, no?
(2020-03-28, 20:22)sito1961 Wrote: @jurialmunkey
Thank you very much for your great work on this new skin.

I want to tell you two things:

1. I have observed that when I "click" on the "VIDEOCLIPS" menu and submenus that I have created, a new "video" window will open without any content.
(Works perfectly on AZ2 and Estuary skin).

2. In the information window of a "video clip", when you click on the "play" button, it does not play it and goes back to the previous screen. I have "Play Album Script" installed.
The widgets perfectly display the content of my "video clips" and play well using the "play" context menu.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you.

What is "VIDEOCLIPS"? Do you mean music videos?
(2020-03-29, 01:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 16:09)drinfernoo Wrote: You can do this now. Simply set the fanart for the Weather window, by opening the window and pressing up Wink  
Thanks but when pressing up from the Weather app I don't get the option for fanart  (See image attached)

WeatherImage

If the option is not there then it's already been installed. It is only used if your background style is Overlay - it doesn't get used if background is Blur.

"It's already been installed"... can you not have more than one weather fanart installed?
(2020-03-28, 21:19)myghalloween Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey
There are a lot of great ideas in AH!
Like many, I find that it lacks additional views (at least the most useful) but I respect your idea and it may take time to adapt. The idea of ​​standardizing everything is really appreciable, it is often what is lacking in others (in general it is confined to film and series, and for the rest you have to do as you can).
I just used it a bit to get an idea and here are some ideas that might interest you:
  1. Respecting your idea of ​​simplifying to get to the point, why not delete "overview" in panel ? You just need to arrow up to display the synopsis.
  2. Concerning the synopsis precisely, I think that the line spacing of the text should be tightened even if it makes the font even bigger to be able to read easily from the back of the sofa. I also think it would be more aesthetic to justify the text.
  3. I find it unnecessary to display the gallery in the overview since it is already present at the bottom of the information panel. In addition, these images are often of very different formats and of very variable quality. I would prefer that we can see the fanart in full screen by pressing the arrow again for example.
  4. On the different views (movies, tv shows, music ...), I find the summary illegible because too small to be read from the sofa (it is not specific to AH but to all skins), and it is really a shame for a mediacenter supposed to be on the living room TV. With this in mind, instead of displaying an illegible summary, why not replace it with the "tag line" with a sufficient font size, that we see too rarely for my taste in skins? It's made to inspire the desire to know more or to play the media. In addition it will take less space, and would allow to display larger covers !
  5. And I don't know if it's this period of confinement or not, but I find that having the date at the time level would be really appreciated ... Difficult to know what day it is right now ...
  6. Also, I think you should make a choice of menu for the parameters: either the native, or the specific to the Arctic series, which I find very successful. It just lacks the logs, the file manager and the addon manager.
Anyway, I think AH is going in the right direction. Good job !

1. The overview button is mostly there for discoverability from new users. Most of the other buttons are also available from the context menu (e.g. info and trailer). The buttons are for new users that wont know that up opens overview or long press opens context menu - so basically makes it easier to use for new users whilst also having shortcuts for pro users.

2. I don't like justified text - it is difficult to read. Same goes with linespacing - decently spaced text is much easier to read, plus prevents crowding on screen. I don't have any problems reading text on my tv. According to this calculator https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-siz...lationship - a 70 inch tv is the ideal size for best viewing from 10ft. In my loungeroom, my tv is much smaller (50 inch) and from 10ft away I have no issues reading the text at it's current font size (granted I need my glasses, but even very large font sizes are blurry without my glasses at that distance so that is a moot point). If you have a tv that is smaller than 50inch, really your viewing distance should be less than 10ft.

3. Yeah I agree with this. I've made it so that you see fanart fullscreen by pressing right. You can still scroll through to see the gallery, but the first items will now always be your fanart from the library.

4. See point 2

5. I don't like showing the date. Time is relevant to making a viewing choice, but date really isn't -- well the date is relevant if you need to go to work in the morning - but if you don't know what day it is, you probably don't need to go to work in the morning... Wink

6. I don't know what this means. I'm assuming by "parameters" you mean the French word for Settings? But I'm still not understanding what you are asking for. You can see these options already for settings:

(2020-03-29, 01:54)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 01:52)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 01:45)drinfernoo Wrote: That looks like a submenu widget, set with Landscape aspect.

The aspect in his screenshot is a bigger one than the standard submenu widget, no?

This screenshot? https://i.imgur.com/WVvlccG.png

Looks like normal sized submenu widget to me.

The other screenshot was of a genres widget, not submenu -- just with submenu widget the aspect is forced (although now it is possible to choose that aspect so maybe it isn't necessary to force the aspect anymore).
(2020-03-29, 00:44)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2020-02-19, 09:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Genres View

Countries View

Hi,

I love your skin. It's really fantastic. How do I get those views to work?

Regards Hoppel

These no longer exist. I replaced with the current view which is more consistent with other parts of the skin:

(2020-03-28, 08:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 07:52)NotYourAverageAl Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 07:29)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah its the widget if no widgets are set for that menu item.

Yeah weather icons can be changed by going into the weather window - focus weather widget then press OK to open the actual weather window, then press a direction to open the weather menu 

Suggestion/request please. Can the full screen widget be selectable as an aspect somehow if that makes sense. So you could make it a rando tv shows/movies or any available playlist 

You can change what it points to in Skin Settings > Home > Fullscreen Widget Path 
Thanks I saw that option. What I meant is maybe can we set different fullscreen widgets for different menu items.
e.g. have a random TvShow Fullscreen Widget for TvShow Main Menu item & random Movies full screen widget for Movie Main Menu item. Smile
(2020-03-29, 02:45)NotYourAverageAl Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 08:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 07:52)NotYourAverageAl Wrote: Suggestion/request please. Can the full screen widget be selectable as an aspect somehow if that makes sense. So you could make it a rando tv shows/movies or any available playlist 

You can change what it points to in Skin Settings > Home > Fullscreen Widget Path 
Thanks I saw that option. What I meant is maybe can we set different fullscreen widgets for different menu items.
e.g. have a random TvShow Fullscreen Widget for TvShow Main Menu item & random Movies full screen widget for Movie Main Menu item. Smile

Yeah, I was thinking a way to set "Fullscreen" as a widget aspect on any widget wouldn't be a bad idea...
(2020-03-29, 01:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-28, 16:09)drinfernoo Wrote: You can do this now. Simply set the fanart for the Weather window, by opening the window and pressing up Wink  

WeatherImage 

Thanks jurialmunkey, that's the option I need to change to correct this.    Thanks

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7