• 14(current)
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording
(2020-03-19, 22:59)el_gonz87 Wrote: Hi Everyone,

First off let me start by APOLOGIZING to you all for being MIA for so long. That is not the first impression I wanted to make in this community trust me.
Had some unexpected things happen in my life that required me to pull away and focus on living (won't bore you all with the details  Wink )...

Now that I am in a better place in life and with all this COVID-19 going around I find myself with an abundance of free time...

There are a couple things I am looking to occupy my time with and one of them was getting back to programming. Was dusting off my old flash drives and found by luck my most recent code I had developed for this addon.
It's going to take a little bit to port to Kodi 18, but was thinking about doing that as a possible start.

I understand it has been a LONG TIME and people might have already found other solutions to recording IPTV, but would anyone still have interest in a development of this addon?

The OS I was going to begin with would be:
Linux
Windows x86 and x64

Possible avenues:
Android Fire OS
LibreElec (is this Raspberry PI?)

Let me know your feedback, even if negative I understand.

Thx!

I'd definitely be interested in this, as I'm sure many people would be.  Heck, if you could just fix the "numbering channels starts at" option, I'd be grateful.
Hi All,

Wanted to provide an update. I have been working on this plugin pretty hard the last few days and completely re-wrote the code to add stability and new features!

New Features:
  1. Supports loading Season & Episode from XMLTV (has some strict assumptions, based on what EPG123 provides, can expand to other sources w/ examples provided).
  2. Added Timer Rules!! (BIG UPDATE & Will require much more testing!!).
    1. Now you can record entire shows with a simple click!
  3. Added support for text style genre from XMLTV no more categories required.
  4. Fixed previously reported issue w Padding (start & stop), now this info is preserved.
  5. Added client & server mode, these new features will be a little bit taxing on low end CPUs, so added a setting to stick to just a DVR extender (can manage timers & recordings, but will offload FFMPEG to server ideally a HTPC)
    1. Will Demo this on another video soon.
  6. Added option to filter channels on only those with EPG (I like this personally but defaulted it to off).
  7. Added periodical reload of M3U & XMLTV (based on schedule in settings e.g. daily/weekly/on startup).
  8. Fixed video duration, I now pipe FFMPEG stderr to a log for debug and to get accurate video duration!
  9. Added channel numbers from M3U playlist if available (via tvg-chno="#")
  10. Probably more, it was really a complete rewrite. 
Here is a quick demo:
PVRIptv Simple Client w HD Recording Demo

So far I have build this new version on windows. This will not be backwards compatible to any of the previous iterations...

I think Linux should be straight copy paste rebuild. Still setting up my RPI for LibreElec(I'm a newbie at this  Laugh ).

Anyways thanks to those still interested, hope to keep this going.

PS: still need Windows & Linux testers.. Haven't heard back from @bsoriano, hope he can test new version if previous one worked.
(2020-03-31, 06:18)el_gonz87 Wrote: Hi All,

Wanted to provide an update. I have been working on this plugin pretty hard the last few days and completely re-wrote the code to add stability and new features!

New Features:
  1. Supports loading Season & Episode from XMLTV (has some strict assumptions, based on what EPG123 provides, can expand to other sources w/ examples provided).
  4. Fixed previously reported issue w Padding (start & stop), now this info is preserved.
  5. Added client & server mode, these new features will be a little bit taxing on low end CPUs, so added a setting to stick to just a DVR extender (can manage timers & recordings, but will offload FFMPEG to server ideally a HTPC)
  6. Added option to filter channels on only those with EPG (I like this personally but defaulted it to off).
  7. Added periodical reload of M3U & XMLTV (based on schedule in settings e.g. daily/weekly/on startup).
  8. Fixed video duration, I now pipe FFMPEG stderr to a log for debug and to get accurate video duration!
Here is a quick demo:

So far I have build this new version on windows. This will not be backwards compatible to any of the previous iterations...

I think Linux should be straight copy paste rebuild. Still setting up my RPI for LibreElec(I'm a newbie at this  Laugh ).

PS: still need Windows & Linux testers.. Haven't heard back from @bsoriano, hope he can test new version if previous one worked. 
Good job Gonzalo! In the meantime, I created a quick patch to run IPTV Simple's Matrix branch (version 4.11.5) on Leia and tested it working.
Now I was going to add the recording code from 7FM's fork of your addon into the newest version but now I am really in doubt.

Should I reach you in PM with the patches I already did or you do not want any coordination?
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
Thanks for this modification:

* Starting recording works, but does not record, there is no recording file replaced flv with .mkv and .ts.

* The end of recording in the player ends with the suspension LibrELEC and restart

* Live channel playback very distorts the image, I tried different decoding settings in the player settings

I read the forum, I found no solution

my device is Pc with intel i3
(2020-03-31, 10:09)basilgello Wrote:

New Features:
Here is a quick demo:

Good job Gonzalo! In the meantime, I created a quick patch to run IPTV Simple's Matrix branch (version 4.11.5) on Leia and tested it working.
Now I was going to add the recording code from 7FM's fork of your addon into the newest version but now I am really in doubt.

Should I reach you in PM with the patches I already did or you do not want any coordination?      

If you could start documenting your patches as code snippets (// this code does this {string str... blah blah blah}, I would be happy to add to my plugin in future or you can fork it once it is published. Whatever you did for the current version of github will probably need to be modified ALOT as I completely re-wrote addon.

In the meantime would you like to be a tester?
(2020-03-31, 20:19)Atamans Wrote: Thanks for this modification:

* Starting recording works, but does not record, there is no recording file replaced flv with .mkv and .ts.

* The end of recording in the player ends with the suspension LibrELEC and restart

* Live channel playback very distorts the image, I tried different decoding settings in the player settings

I read the forum, I found no solution

my device is Pc with intel i3

This is probably for my previous version of the addon, which I have completely re-wrote, if you would like to test the new beta (Windows/Linux) send me a PM.

Update:
I have been testing the client/server feature for those who want to use this plugin across a home. I stabilized the code as it was really buggy when using a network drive, however this meant substantial changes and reliance on Syncthing to achieve this. I know it is not ideal to have an extra app required, however I was running into trouble writing network code with safe assumptions within the limitations of the Kodi binary addon, started to require a boatload of new libs and it started to drain away from the simplicity and portability of the code (linux, libreelec, android, etc..). Here is a quick demo:

PVRIptv Simple Client Demo

I will write a tutorial on how to set this up if anyone is interested.

Still need windows + linux testers, I think the code is stable enough to begin porting so my target is to have a LibreElec build by end of week.

EDIT: If I get enough people testing I will open a discord channel to help with development.

New Features:
Here is a quick demo:

@el_gonz87 , I apologize I have not been able to test yet.  I can finally start.  Could you please PM me a new link? The previous one expired.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@el_gonz87 , got the new link, thanks.

I have not been able to get this installed.  I copied the contents of the foler to my <userdata>\kodi\addons folder, but Kodi does not detect that the addon is there.  I also tried copying the folder to <program files>\kodi\addons like you stated in your e-mail, but this does not work either.  I am running Kodi 18.5 64-bit.  Initially, I just overwrote the contents of the pvr.iptvsimple folder that I had (I had the PVR client working correctly), but this did not work either, on a Kodi restart, the PVR client was not detected.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Bart
(2020-04-01, 22:38)bsoriano Wrote: @el_gonz87 , got the new link, thanks.

I have not been able to get this installed.  I copied the contents of the foler to my <userdata>\kodi\addons folder, but Kodi does not detect that the addon is there.  I also tried copying the folder to <program files>\kodi\addons like you stated in your e-mail, but this does not work either.  I am running Kodi 18.5 64-bit.  Initially, I just overwrote the contents of the pvr.iptvsimple folder that I had (I had the PVR client working correctly), but this did not work either, on a Kodi restart, the PVR client was not detected.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Bart
Can you join my discord? https://discord.gg/Pw9SwX

I can help you debug.
(2020-04-01, 21:34)el_gonz87 Wrote: If you could start documenting your patches as code snippets (// this code does this {string str... blah blah blah}, I would be happy to add to my plugin in future or you can fork it once it is published. Whatever you did for the current version of github will probably need to be modified ALOT as I completely re-wrote addon.
I am documenting the changes, but I did not manage to do much so far:

1. Took 7FM's fork and applied all the patches from Leia vanilla pvr.iptvsimple on top of it.
2. Took Matrix vanilla pvr.iptvsimple and wrote a small patch to target Leia

I will be glad to test your addon!
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
(2020-04-02, 10:03)basilgello Wrote:
(2020-04-01, 21:34)el_gonz87 Wrote: If you could start documenting your patches as code snippets (// this code does this {string str... blah blah blah}, I would be happy to add to my plugin in future or you can fork it once it is published. Whatever you did for the current version of github will probably need to be modified ALOT as I completely re-wrote addon.

1. Took 7FM's fork and applied all the patches from Leia vanilla pvr.iptvsimple on top of it.

Great what OS are you running? Also, will start to take a look at 7FM's fork.
(2020-04-01, 21:34)el_gonz87 Wrote: Still need windows + linux testers, I think the code is stable enough to begin porting so my target is to have a LibreElec build by end of week.

Keen to test the LibreELEC version when its ready. I don't have coding skills, but do 3rd line support of enterprise and telecom software for contact centers in my day job, so I am used to recreating / isolating issues and analyzing logs to understand what may be wrong then documenting if needed to escalate to the developers....
(2020-04-02, 17:25)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 10:03)basilgello Wrote:

Debian 10 "Buster" amd64. If you need I can push the updated 7FM's repo to my Github.
(2020-04-02, 18:38)basilgello Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 17:25)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 10:03)basilgello Wrote: I am documenting the changes, but I did not manage to do much so far:

Debian 10 "Buster" amd64. If you need I can push the updated 7FM's repo to my Github. 
If you could just document what 7FMs patches were and what they did that will be helpful. Please know what anything done with that old repo will have to most likely be rewritten as the code base has changed a lot. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you a linux build to test.
(2020-04-02, 20:18)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 17:25)el_gonz87 Wrote: Great what OS are you running? Also, will start to take a look at 7FM's fork.  
If you could just document what 7FMs patches were and what they did that will be helpful. Please know what anything done with that old repo will have to most likely be rewritten as the code base has changed a lot. Send me a PM with your e-mail and I will send you a linux build to test. 
All 7FM patches are couple of imports added to be able to run on Leia: https://github.com/7FM/pvr.iptvsimple And patches I added bump version to 2.4.3 / Leia:

be5dfec Fix SAMBA UI settings
eb22a5a Small Makefile for lazy people like me
bfc3fe6 Removed useless comparison of booleans
c73bb60 Changed clone address in build instructions
03f7407 Updated version
b550a8c Updated readme
3767e97 Added header handling
66122d1 Added variables and settings
7c3bf8e Added User-Agent strings
d0fbdb0 fix tvg-ID not accepted as an M3U tag
46383dc Fix for local channels logo with .jpg
d3173d4 changelog and version
0d7a721 Combine multiple XMLTV channels sharing same id
58c6e62 tvg-id does not match a channel
360428d changelog and version
37e71cd Add channel logo extension for relative paths only
a756ff3 Update readme
5eb326c Fix channel logos getting default extension
827d719 Speed up EPG loading
5a94515 Fix warnings "catching polymorphic type by value"
14f4e05 changelog and version
9bf0fe3 refactoring
4115672 Removed channels loaded popup
3300b83 Timing for Playlist EPG load
360e589 Support multiple display-names and case insensitive
0d94ae1 URLEncode and append .png ext for remote logos
68972f2 Support full timeshift range of -12 to +14 hours
7b72324 Some providers incorrectly use tvg-ID instead
c5ae060 Channel groups not being cleared when reading
8c66e65 support episode-num for both xmltv_ns and
85bd371 Update readme for settings, supported M3U
aa376cb support star rating in epg entry
c99fba0 support firstAired and year in epg entry
ce8612f support multiple actor/director/writers elements
f526135 changelog and version
cae2cca Fix compiler warnings
6150fd2 Support EXTVCOPT in m3u
df996cd Add support for sub-title/actor/director/writer
3266d29 Fix wrong EPG times due to DST on Windows. Closes #158.
ca67fff rapidxml: split windows from common

Also I started backporting stream type detection from 2.5.0 (Matrix), but afterwards I decided to build Matrix branch on Leia with catchup support disabled.

I want to add recording functionality to Matrix branch and also treat playlist items with #EXT-X-PLAYLIST-TYPE:VOD as PVR "recordings" with EPG tags.
This will be useful for IPTV providers serving large VOD libraries as single M3U playlist interleaved with "live" TV broadcasts.
(2020-04-02, 20:18)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2020-04-02, 17:25)el_gonz87 Wrote: Great what OS are you running? Also, will start to take a look at 7FM's fork.  

I dont see the PM box Sad My email is the primary commit email on https://github.com/basilgello Smile
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording11