Unable to create GUI.Exiting
I have Krypton working fine on Windows machine AMD Radeon HD 8670d intergrated  Graphis and Direct X 12.
After deleting and attempting to install Leia (any) I am getting the Error: Unable to create GUI.Exiting. I have the best display drivers, according to windows update, Reading another post it was suggested that Kodi 18 did not support 1920 x1080 resolution, can you enlighten me. I want 18 to support the compatible addons.
(2020-04-03, 03:14)Dolphus70 Wrote: Reading another post it was suggested that Kodi 18 did not support 1920 x1080 resolution
You must have misunderstood the post as that is not correct.

Provide a Debug Log and we might find the cause of the issue. Follow guide here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323719

Also, ensure you have the drivers directly from AMD, not the Windows Update version of drivers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
As requested, this is my KOdi.log file https://paste.kodi.tv/girihedipa.kodi
Thanks.

You did not get the advancedsettings.xml part right as debug mode was not enabled. You need to save the file here... C:\Users\RON\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\

There is definitely a problem with either your hardware or your installed drivers as you can see by the errors at Line 185. I do note that your CPU and integrated graphics is 7+ years old, so most likely not fully compatible with Win 10. Did you locate the manufacturers drivers?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The puter is only 2-3 years old, must have been built with old parts.
The Kodi.log file was already in above folder so I just copied that one, I tried to re install kodi and got a second log.old file I sent you the new one
I made a file called advancedsettings.xml as well, but nothing happened to that, still empty
(2020-04-03, 07:22)Dolphus70 Wrote: I made a file called advancedsettings.xml as well, but nothing happened to that, still empty
And it will remain empty until you add something into it. Once you create the file, open it and paste into it the code that is in step 3 of that guide.

You cannot send me the log file. You need to paste the link into your post like you did for the first log.
My Signature
Im sorry Karellen, i'm not quiet sure of what your trying to tell me, "Once you create the file" (what file) 
paste into it the code that is in step 3 (before, middle after?) just want to clarify. very new to this stuff.
BTW I went to the AMD website and downloaded what I thought was a later drive than the one I had, istall was stopped half way through.
Thanks for your patience
(2020-04-03, 09:18)Dolphus70 Wrote: Im sorry Karellen, i'm not quiet sure of what your trying to tell me, "Once you create the file" (what file) 
Did you read the instructions that I gave you?

Can you press the Start button in Windows and type dxdiag and run the app. Are there any errors? What is the DirectX Version in use? What DirectX Features are enabled?

But I am not sure what else we can do until those drivers are fixed. You might need to hop onto the AMD forums and ask why the drivers do not install.
My Signature
@Dolphus70,

Your onboard video card and/or its driver seems to be the culprit. It is getting a bit dated.
It worked well on Krypton but does not on Leia. 
As a last resort, I would look at any potential DX error by doing:

WinKey and  r
In the run box type in: dxdiag and press enter. Wait a bit, it will eventually do something.
Look for any error on any pane pertaining to video. Report back if any error.

Finally, on the shortcut with which you start Kodi,If started from the Win 10 menu :
1- Right click on Kodi icon then More then Open file location.
You will have in front of you a folder with the true shortcut to Kodi
2- Right click on that Kodi shortcut. Select Properties
On the top of the pane, select Compatibility, you can run the compatibility troubleshooter or modify the compatibility mode to Windows 7, 8 and others.
Try to launch Kodi after the changes.
Note if you start Kodi from a shortcut on the desktop, skip #1

I must warn you that I have little faith in this effort as the hardware used is simply not up to par.
But I hope to be wrong.
(2020-04-03, 09:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-04-03, 09:18)Dolphus70 Wrote: Im sorry Karellen, i'm not quiet sure of what your trying to tell me, "Once you create the file" (what file) 
Did you read the instructions that I gave you?

Can you press the Start button in Windows and type dxdiag and run the app. Are there any errors? What is the DirectX Version in use? What DirectX Features are enabled?

But I am not sure what else we can do until those drivers are fixed. You might need to hop onto the AMD forums and ask why the drivers do not install. 

No errors, running Direct x 12, Features enabled DirectDraw , Direct 3D, AGP texture
(2020-04-03, 09:58)OTinley Wrote: @Dolphus70,

Your onboard video card and/or its driver seems to be the culprit. It is getting a bit dated.
It worked well on Krypton but does not on Leia. 
As a last resort, I would look at any potential DX error by doing:

WinKey and  r
In the run box type in: dxdiag and press enter. Wait a bit, it will eventually do something.
Look for any error on any pane pertaining to video. Report back if any error.

Finally, on the shortcut with which you start Kodi,If started from the Win 10 menu :
1- Right click on Kodi icon then More then Open file location.
You will have in front of you a folder with the true shortcut to Kodi
2- Right click on that Kodi shortcut. Select Properties
On the top of the pane, select Compatibility, you can run the compatibility troubleshooter or modify the compatibility mode to Windows 7, 8 and others.
Try to launch Kodi after the changes.
Note if you start Kodi from a shortcut on the desktop, skip #1

I must warn you that I have little faith in this effort as the hardware used is simply not up to par.
But I hope to be wrong.

No direct x errors ran Compatibility Troubleshooter and got 'Unable to create GUI'
Can you try running v17.6
My Signature
(2020-04-03, 12:23)Karellen Wrote: Can you try running v17.6
Installed  kodi 18.6 apk through Blue Stacks android emulator, works fine.
(2020-04-03, 03:14)Dolphus70 Wrote: I have Krypton working fine on Windows machine AMD Radeon HD 8670d intergrated  Graphis and Direct X 12.
After deleting and attempting to install Leia (any) I am getting the Error: Unable to create GUI.Exiting. I have the best display drivers, according to windows update, Reading another post it was suggested that Kodi 18 did not support 1920 x1080 resolution, can you enlighten me. I want 18 to support the compatible addons.

I was able to solve this annoying issue by deleting the guisettings file in your %appdata% folder: %appdata%>Roaming>Kodi>userdata (if it doesn’t work alone delete profiles file also, they will both replaced upon start)

Just search %appdata% from your desktop. If the folder is hidden you will have to make it visible (control panel>appearance and personalization>File explorer options “show hidden files and folders”

Hope it helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to create GUI.Exiting0