• 644(current)
Release Aeon Nox: SiLVO
(2020-04-11, 19:12)scottismyname Wrote: What is the best way to save and restore all settings for the skin? I know there are ways to do this for the entire system, but I want to do it for just this add-on. I am very familiar with Linux, ssh
Have a read here as a starting off point... https://kodi.wiki/view/Backup

If you figure out some Linux specific steps, let me know and I can add them to that page under OS Specific.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Would it be possible to change the transparency of the menu background so the fanart background can be seen more clearly?

My fanart background is a circle, which can be seen more clearly in the first screenshot after selecting the wizard from my program addons, but cannot be seen very well when I open the wizard, see screenshots below.

I don't know how difficult this would be to do in the skin, or if it would have an adverse effect in other areas of your skin.

When selecting I select a movie or TV show to view it's details, it would be nice for the play button to get immediate remote focus instead of the the details window. The current behavior is confusing for some users because they go into a show then press ok but nothing happens.
Hi,

I'm using Aeon Nox Silvo on Kodi 17.6, with Minix Neo U1.
I have several widgets, one for each emulator, example: GBA, GENESIS, NES, etc.
Each widget is getting the information from Advanced Emulator Laucher, with the covers of the games and descriptions.

The problem is that when the roms are loaded to the widgets, it's very laggy to browse between widgets and browsing the games in one widget(I have around 20 roms in each plataform).
I then tryed to remove the covers of the games, and the browsing is flawless.

Any ideas how to go around this?

Another thing, it's possible to edit the widgets format? Besides the poster or square poster? Because some of the games covers, lika SNES, are more rectangular and are cropped like the picture above.

Thanks.
Its an early start but there is a mod for Aeon Nox Silvo that has an extra view for Games called gameflix.  I haven't been able to dedicate too much time to games just yet so I haven't been able to play around with it but try it out and give feedback if you wish.  The cases still get cut off there too, and it would be nice to have a view, and widget config where you can see the entire horizontal case. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351163
"mikeSiLVO" @ I might have found a bug in the way Aeon Nox Silvo handles remote keypresses while the video info dialogue box is up.  When I watch any video then bring up video info by pressing the Info button on my remote or the letter I on my keyboard, the skin doesn't respond to any shortcuts until I close the video info dialog.  So for instance lets say I move the mouse or press info to bring up video info, then I want to go to the TV Gude, or Recorded TV, those overlays don't appear, and I have to close the video info overlay for those buttons to work.  I can completely document the issue, and provide a PR if necessary.  If you have some quick fix in mind I can try that as well.  I don't get the same behavior in the estuary skin.  Thanks.
(2020-04-14, 03:41)Jachin99 Wrote: Its an early start but there is a mod for Aeon Nox Silvo that has an extra view for Games called gameflix.  I haven't been able to dedicate too much time to games just yet so I haven't been able to play around with it but try it out and give feedback if you wish.  The cases still get cut off there too, and it would be nice to have a view, and widget config where you can see the entire horizontal case. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351163

I gave it a go and it's pretty nice Smile
But it doesn't solve the widget problems.
Hello.. I posted this previously, but never got a response... My album cover art is being cut-off on the left side of the artwork (it isn't square, or it is being stretched horizontally within the square texture placeholder for cover art) during the 'Now Playing' portion of the skin. The same album cover art is displayed perfectly in all other instances on-screen. It is just this one instance ('Now Playing' -- which is the main view) where the album cover art is "mangled". Are there some values or parameters or XMLs someone can direct me to in order to modify this? I posted images of the issue in my original question here. Thanks in advance.
Alienware X-51: 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD C drive, 12T RAID, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
MacPro 1,1, 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 12GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 1.5T 2nd HD, OS X 10.6.8, XBMC 12.1, Nox
Precision 7500: 2 x 2GHz, 30GB RAM, 500GB C drive, 2TB 2nd HD, Win 8, XBMC 12.1, Confluence
Arcade Cabinet
Thanks for this great skin.
One question, is there a way to dim the background brightness
of fanart in home menu?
I use random movie fanart in movie, series and musicclip view.
I'm trying to remove duplicate listings, as per the instructions at the bottom of this guide. My Movie button has 7 playlists, how do I exclude them in this step Repeat the steps detailed on this page to create a new button with a suitable name and a new Smart Playlist that excludes the videos that are included in the new buttons. Which rule do I use?

Thanks.
(2020-04-19, 13:18)DoctorJellybean Wrote: My Movie button has 7 playlists, how do I exclude them in this step
Try something like this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2897868
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Not sure if this is a skin or kodi issue.
When viewing folders in Kodi 19 nightly I get blank folder icons, whereas in Kodi 18.6 I get thumbnails.
Sources are the same folder.
Hopefully screenshots will clarify my words.
Kodi 19

With Kodi 18.6
I'm finally getting around to messing around with two skins for my custom builds. Previously and still am using Aeon Nox 6 with Leia no need to rehash the details of that.

I'm doing a clean install and a few apps, when doing a search for movies and clicking on information to see the full details there is a bar in the center for the more info and there is one option that gets skipped over and cannot be selected which is a ratings star. Is there something else I need to add to enable the ratings or is a setting and is that a rating just on my system or does it submit to an outside source like IMDB etc?
~ Creator of none, hacker of some, jack of all traits, master of some...
~ YIRMASTER ~
Domaineer, Coldfusion Dev, Kodi customizer, Hedonist
(2020-04-24, 04:30)YIRMASTER Wrote: Is there something else I need to add to enable the ratings or is a setting and is that a rating just on my system or does it submit to an outside source like IMDB etc?
There is nothing you need to install. That star is for your own personal rating and it is not submitted anywhere. Not sure why it would be greyed out. Works fine for me.

Post a screenshot just to confirm we are referring to the same thing.
My Signature
Is there any information with perhaps a video or screen shots describing the skin and how to set it up from a clean setup.

I've been working with Aeon Nox for ages but not experimenting with any real advanced setup features, just as a menu system.

While trying to setup this version from Silvo there appears to be a pre-set configuration of a couple of menu items with submenu items.
I'd like more info about those submenu items as I'm confused what I need to do to set them up and where they get their data from.

I use addons from other content providers feeds and simply installing addons doesn't add content to the preconfigured submenu items and not quite sure where it's pulling the info from.
Do I have to actually pick all the movies to go into these menu items or will they be prepopulated automatically and I'm just doing something wrong. I have several content addons installed however none of these menu items are being pulled.

Also if trying to customize the backgrounds or widgets with live or moving backgrounds where is that data fetched from with the different settings if I"m not manually doing it?

Basically looking for a user manual for a fresh install for dummies.
~ Creator of none, hacker of some, jack of all traits, master of some...
~ YIRMASTER ~
Domaineer, Coldfusion Dev, Kodi customizer, Hedonist
  • 644(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox: SiLVO55