• 57(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2020-04-20, 22:38)gibxxi Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 09:49)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-04-10, 20:30)snyft Wrote: Kodi repo use 1.0.7 but Mikesilvo got a 1.0.8 on his repo.
Reason i ask is because the kodi repo version of script.skin.helper.service (1.1.3) gives errors and 1.1.24 seems fine.    

It doesn't really matter as long as no errors are displayed. I'm using 1.1.32 from bingie repository and i have no errors Smile        

Hi @beatmasterrs ,

I thought I'd add some feedback on this point, as of late script.skin.helper.service (1.1.3) has also been throwing up an error message for me on Kodi startup with this skin, so it might be an idea to link to the BINGIE Repo in your first post on this thread so other users can benefit from the upgrade.

Also, while we're on the subject of addons, your fork of the Metadata & Artwork module is seven commits behind the one in the Kodi repo, and is also being overwritten by the Kodi repo version every launch if synced directly into Kodi via Github, so I'm assuming the Kodi version must have a higher version number as well. This is a guess on my part, since the addon isn't visible to me from the "My Addons -> All" (I might of overlooked it) section of Kodi. Another guess being that it's classed as a service / module being the reason I can't see it (i.e: hidden), and thus can't turn off auto-updates or prevent it being overwritten automatically.

Skin updates looking good so far, so thanks for all your hard work. Skin is looking pretty slick.

Smile

Dan / Gib.     

Thanks a lot for your comments and suggestions, I will definitely take a look at it Smile

You're right, I just see that I have a different script.module.metadatautils version than the one in my repository. And disabling automatic updates for this addon is not possible, that's true. And I just see that caching is now enabled, so I didn't notice that the addon was updated:

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...1b5ddf0116

The only difference is that in my version the Audience Score is also called up. Maybe I will create a pull request in future.
So there is no more reason to use my version. Smile Thanks again Smile
(2020-04-21, 08:58)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-04-20, 22:38)gibxxi Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 09:49)beatmasterrs Wrote: It doesn't really matter as long as no errors are displayed. I'm using 1.1.32 from bingie repository and i have no errors Smile        

Hi @beatmasterrs ,

I thought I'd add some feedback on this point, as of late script.skin.helper.service (1.1.3) has also been throwing up an error message for me on Kodi startup with this skin, so it might be an idea to link to the BINGIE Repo in your first post on this thread so other users can benefit from the upgrade.

Also, while we're on the subject of addons, your fork of the Metadata & Artwork module is seven commits behind the one in the Kodi repo, and is also being overwritten by the Kodi repo version every launch if synced directly into Kodi via Github, so I'm assuming the Kodi version must have a higher version number as well. This is a guess on my part, since the addon isn't visible to me from the "My Addons -> All" (I might of overlooked it) section of Kodi. Another guess being that it's classed as a service / module being the reason I can't see it (i.e: hidden), and thus can't turn off auto-updates or prevent it being overwritten automatically.

Skin updates looking good so far, so thanks for all your hard work. Skin is looking pretty slick.

Smile

Dan / Gib.      

Thanks a lot for your comments and suggestions, I will definitely take a look at it Smile

You're right, I just see that I have a different script.module.metadatautils version than the one in my repository. And disabling automatic updates for this addon is not possible, that's true. And I just see that caching is now enabled, so I didn't notice that the addon was updated:

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...1b5ddf0116

The only difference is that in my version the Audience Score is also called up. Maybe I will create a pull request in future.
So there is no more reason to use my version. Smile Thanks again Smile 

Roger that, thanks for the heads-up.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
Admin please help me how to set the dot before the weather icon. Thanks Admin.
(2020-04-22, 03:46)thehive1301 Wrote: Admin please help me how to set the dot before the weather icon. Thanks Admin.

If you mean the green dot: This is just an icon of my own addon, that shows me if my server is online.
[/quote]
If you mean the green dot: This is just an icon of my own addon, that shows me if my server is online.
[/quote]
Yes, thanks Admin. I think it’s the skin Wink
Hi there, love the skin, amazing! Just a question/request on the new mod of having Modern as a menu style:
- I have modded the displayed widgets to 8, so that there is no scrolling off the screen
- when scrolling right on the poster/widgets, at the end it loops back to the beginning as desired
- when scrolling left on the poster/widgets, at the end, it does not loop back, it jumps to the menu bar (is there a way I can fix that?)

- replacing the widget fanart with a background in this config does not appear to work correctly, when a menu bar item
  is hilighted, the widget fanart shows, when a widget/poster us selected, the background art is displayed. (just the opposite of what is expected)

All of the above, when switched away from Modern to Classic, works as intended, with all the same options selected, the 
background art displays when on a menu item, and fanart shows when a widget/poster is selected; same with the scrolling, even
tho its still 8 widgets/posters, scolling left or right will loop properly.

Any fix or solution to this or tips on how to edit the xml to accomplish it would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance
(2020-04-22, 16:45)bobhockey59 Wrote: - replacing the widget fanart with a background in this config does not appear to work correctly, when a menu bar item
  is hilighted, the widget fanart shows, when a widget/poster us selected, the background art is displayed. (just the opposite of what is expected)

All of the above, when switched away from Modern to Classic, works as intended, with all the same options selected, the 
background art displays when on a menu item, and fanart shows when a widget/poster is selected; same with the scrolling, even

You're right, that didn't work. I've never used that setting. I've tried to fix it (a17d800). Maybe you could try the latest version?

(2020-04-22, 16:45)bobhockey59 Wrote: - when scrolling left on the poster/widgets, at the end, it does not loop back, it jumps to the menu bar (is there a way I can fix that?)

Open Includes_Defs.xml and delete lines 11801898, that should fix it Smile
(2020-04-22, 18:32)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 16:45)bobhockey59 Wrote: - replacing the widget fanart with a background in this config does not appear to work correctly, when a menu bar item

You're right, that didn't work. I've never used that setting. I've tried to fix it (a17d800). Maybe you could try the latest version?

(2020-04-22, 16:45)bobhockey59 Wrote: - when scrolling left on the poster/widgets, at the end, it does not loop back, it jumps to the menu bar (is there a way I can fix that?)

hi, thanks for the quick update - the artwork is now indeed correctly displayed! thanks.
the widget/posters scrolling has not changed. stepping right on the widget/posters indeed does the wrap around to the beginning on the left, but the stepping left  of the widget/posters - at the end still jumps back down to the
home menu instead of doing a wrap over the far right of the widget/posters.
the Inclues_Defs.xml lines were deleted as suggested, this is also the same file I edited to make the widget/poster set to a limit of 8.
(2020-04-22, 19:31)bobhockey59 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 18:32)beatmasterrs Wrote:

hi, thanks for the quick update - the artwork is now indeed correctly displayed! thanks.
the widget/posters scrolling has not changed. stepping right on the widget/posters indeed does the wrap around to the beginning on the left, but the stepping left  of the widget/posters - at the end still jumps back down to the
the Inclues_Defs.xml lines were deleted as suggested, this is also the same file I edited to make the widget/poster set to a limit of 8.  

Did you reload the skin after you saved the file? Everything works fine for me with this changes. Undecided
Maybe the wraplist-listtype is  an option for you, if that does not work... Sorry, that I can't help you...
(2020-04-22, 20:32)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 19:31)bobhockey59 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 18:32)beatmasterrs Wrote: You're right, that didn't work. I've never used that setting. I've tried to fix it (a17d800). Maybe you could try the latest version?

Did you reload the skin after you saved the file? Everything works fine for me with this changes. Undecided
Maybe the wraplist-listtype is  an option for you, if that does not work... Sorry, that I can't help you... 
hi , yep, reloaded skin twice, and did a reboot.  I tried changing the wraplist-listtype from "LIST" to "WRAPLIST", this indeed works, I can scroll left or right and there is wrap - the only downside is that my setting for only showing 8 widgets/posters gets ignored!  there is widgets/posters showing off the screen, I was hoping with the Includes_Def.xml edit of limiting widgets to 8 would stay.  Is there anywhere else I can edit to only having the 8 widgets showing, my edit of the Includes_Def.xml was:

<variable name="DefWidgetLimit">
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(WidgetLimit),$LOCALIZE[37030])"></value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(WidgetLimit),8)">8</value>
        <value>8</value>

... curious why this would be ignored with just changing it to WRAPLIST.  Perhaps I edited the change wrong? or another xml could be edited.
(2020-04-22, 20:44)bobhockey59 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 20:32)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 19:31)bobhockey59 Wrote: hi, thanks for the quick update - the artwork is now indeed correctly displayed! thanks.

hi , yep, reloaded skin twice, and did a reboot.  I tried changing the wraplist-listtype from "LIST" to "WRAPLIST", this indeed works, I can scroll left or right and there is wrap - the only downside is that my setting for only showing 8 widgets/posters gets ignored!  there is widgets/posters showing off the screen, I was hoping with the Includes_Def.xml edit of limiting widgets to 8 would stay.  Is there anywhere else I can edit to only having the 8 widgets showing, my edit of the Includes_Def.xml was:

<value condition="String.IsEqual(Skin.String(WidgetLimit),$LOCALIZE[37030])"></value>
        <value>8</value>

... curious why this would be ignored with just changing it to WRAPLIST.  Perhaps I edited the change wrong? or another xml could be edited. 
Just to illustrate, the changes in WRAP-LIST vs LIST

the LIST with the setting at 8 shows: (no offscreen)

the WRAP-LIST with the setting at 8 shows: (the 1st poster is visible to the right going offscreen)

so the goal is to just have 8 wigets, no offscreen, no scrolling of widgets, no movement just when it hits the end it
wraps around to the start. (scrolling in both directions)

with the setting at 8 in includes_def.xml I can make it 8 with no shifting or movement of the widgets/posters, but when scrolling
left it jumps to the main menu choices.
(2020-04-22, 21:14)bobhockey59 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 20:44)bobhockey59 Wrote:
(2020-04-22, 20:32)beatmasterrs Wrote: Did you reload the skin after you saved the file? Everything works fine for me with this changes. Undecided

<value>8</value>

Just to illustrate, the changes in WRAP-LIST vs LIST

the LIST with the setting at 8 shows: (no offscreen)

the WRAP-LIST with the setting at 8 shows: (the 1st poster is visible to the right going offscreen)

so the goal is to just have 8 wigets, no offscreen, no scrolling of widgets, no movement just when it hits the end it
wraps around to the start. (scrolling in both directions)

with the setting at 8 in includes_def.xml I can make it 8 with no shifting or movement of the widgets/posters, but when scrolling
left it jumps to the main menu choices. 

HI there, SUCCESS !!! A really big thank you for making this possible!
I found the problem I was having was from:

"Open Includes_Defs.xml and delete lines 1180, 1898, that should fix it "

but the actual link to code for the 1180 link is to line 1880, I made your suggested changes on the right lines, and all is now good.

Can't thank you enough!
(2020-04-22, 21:36)bobhockey59 Wrote: HI there, SUCCESS !!! A really big thank you for making this possible!
I found the problem I was having was from:

"Open Includes_Defs.xml and delete lines 1180, 1898, that should fix it "

but the actual link to code for the 1180 link is to line 1880, I made your suggested changes on the right lines, and all is now good.

Can't thank you enough! 

I'm sorry, i meant lines 1880 and 1898 Undecided Big Grin
Hi and thanx for a great skin

Question, is there an way to view Imdb Trailers instead of the YouTube button in information view?

This because I can't activate YouTube at all, tried everything. So I hope Imdb trailers is the way to go.

Petter
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2020-04-25, 17:36)pettergulbra Wrote: Hi and thanx for a great skin

Question, is there an way to view Imdb Trailers instead of the YouTube button in information view?

This because I can't activate YouTube at all, tried everything. So I hope Imdb trailers is the way to go.

Petter

I've added support for IMDb Trailers video add-on

Please install Arctic Zephyr - Leia Mod (Latest Version) and IMDb Trailers video add-on. Then enable the option in skin settings -> video music infodialog -> use imdb trailers [...] Smile
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11