Linux Trailer crashes Kodi when starting from Scraper Info
Hey guys,

I have been having this problem for a while now. I just upgraded my Lubuntu HTPC to 20.04 and did a fresh, clean Kodi install. Everything is working fine, except Movie Trailers.

No matter which Scraper I use (Universal Movie Scraper or The Movie Database), having Trailers enabled in Scraper settings .... when I retrieve Movie information through the scraper, and hit the Trailer button ... Kodi crashes every other time. Not always, but most of the time. As I said, this problem existed for months already with my previous Kodi installation on Lubuntu 18.04. 
From what I know, trailers are played directly from Youtube when you select Trailer in scraper info. Correct me if I am wrong. So I went ahead and tried the Youtube addon (API Keys enabled and configured) directly. I have no problem playing any video in the youtube addon directly, no crash, no problems. 

Anyone else having this problem and a possible fix?

This is scraped with Universal Movie Scraper

Here's the tail of my debug log after I hit the trailer button and kodi crashes:

https://paste.kodi.tv/toxuratehi.kodi
Quick update. It seems, after initially retrieving the info for the movie through the scraper, and then directly hitting trailer, the crashes occure. Kodi crashes, and when heading directly back to the same movie info, hitting trailer again, the trailer plays fine. Maybe this helps a bit more ....
@raptorq

Please provide the full log which captures the crash.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-05-14, 21:53)Karellen Wrote: @raptorq

Please provide the full log which captures the crash.

I'll provide a full log later of the occuring crashes when I find the time. Did a bit more testing. It seems that after initially retrieving movie info, in the info dialogue .. hitting trailer directly crashes Kodi everytime. If I retrieve the movie info, then head back to the file listing, open the movie info again, then hitting trailer ... it works everytime, trailer plays just fine. This seems reproducible. So it seems to be an issue with the first time the scraper gets info and opens the movie info dialogue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailer crashes Kodi when starting from Scraper Info0