• 155(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
Since yesterday I can get only 960x520p resolution on my Odroid N2 running Coreelec 9.2.2 and latest NF addon ver.1.3.2. Till then I had no problem to run NF streams in 1080p resolution. I wander why is that since nothing has changed in my setup and addon & dependencies versions.
Is it only region specific, or is there another reason? I watch NF in south-east Europe (Croatia).
My internet connection is 200/100 fiber optics, and all my other input-stram addons work in 1080p resolution.

I have also noticed in native NF app on my LG TV that the bitrates of 1080p NF streams are significantly lower that before; could that be the reason for my SD only resolution on N2?
Which logs should I collect to possibly solve this problem?
I have a 2015 shield and the Netflix addon runs fine. Awesome work! I'm considering upgrading to the 2019 shield.

Does Dolbyvision work for the 2019 shield with the Netflix addon?
(2020-05-22, 15:29)Sholander Wrote: Since yesterday I can get only 960x520p resolution on my Odroid N2 running Coreelec 9.2.2 and latest NF addon ver.1.3.2. Till then I had no problem to run NF streams in 1080p resolution. I wander why is that since nothing has changed in my setup and addon & dependencies versions.
Is it only region specific, or is there another reason? I watch NF in south-east Europe (Croatia).
My internet connection is 200/100 fiber optics, and all my other input-stram addons work in 1080p resolution.

I have also noticed in native NF app on my LG TV that the bitrates of 1080p NF streams are significantly lower that before; could that be the reason for my SD only resolution on N2?
Which logs should I collect to possibly solve this problem?
Hi everyone,

I am new on here and unfortunately in my very first posting I have to confirm the above mentioned problem.
Am also running the latest Netflix Addon version 1.3.2 from CastagnaIT repository on a Odroid N2 with CoreELEC 9.2.2.

No matter what stream I want to start, I can only run them in 960x540p.
I could also watch Netflix in 1080p resolution before.

Was already gambling with some inputstream adaptive settings, without any success.
Further, I tried to downgrade both, CoreELEC and Netflix Addon, to CoreELEC 9.2.1 and 9.2.0 and Netflix Addon 1.3.1, but it still didn't work.
In addition to that I completely removed the addon from Kodi and reinstalled it after, endig up with the very same result.

Did Netflix change their policy regarding the Kodi Adddon, only allowing 540p resolution from now on with non-certified devices?

Would be glad to get some advice, how to possibly fix that issue.
Should I (we) provide a (debug) log?

Thanks in advance for your support.

Regards
firest0rm
(2020-05-22, 18:55)firest0rm Wrote: I am new on here and unfortunately in my very first posting I have to confirm the above mentioned problem.
Am also running the latest Netflix Addon version 1.3.2 from CastagnaIT repository on a Odroid N2 with CoreELEC 9.2.2.

Was already gambling with some inputstream adaptive settings, without any success.
Further, I tried to downgrade both, CoreELEC and Netflix Addon, to CoreELEC 9.2.1 and 9.2.0 and Netflix Addon 1.3.1, but it still didn't work.
In addition to that I completely removed the addon from Kodi and reinstalled it after, endig up with the very same result.

Did Netflix change their policy regarding the Kodi Adddon, only allowing 540p resolution from now on with non-certified devices?

I ran into the same thing a long time ago, and realized that some shows/movies simply do not have 1080p streams available. Try again with a Netflix Original title and make sure that it isn't just a question of there not being an HD stream for whatever it is you're trying to watch.
I set up my Netflix add-on so that it would generate .NFO files. I have several devices I watch on at home, and rather than have all of them have to scrape stuff (which generated some out-of-sequence things, such as with the Great British Baking Show, which did not grab the correct episode titles at ALL), I figured I'd just have Netflix generate its own episode data and use that.

The problem is, though, that all of my TV shows say that the season/episode first aired in 1969. I know that this is because the NFO file isn't grabbing that information from Netflix (or that Netflix may not have that info?), but short of having to add that XML tag manually into each of my NFO files, is there anything I can do to get this info? Is it possible to update the add-in so that when it generates the files, it can pull that from Netflix, or is it a known bug that can't be fixed because Netflix doesn't have that information on-hand to begin with?
(2020-05-22, 20:17)AndrewJC Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 18:55)firest0rm Wrote: I am new on here and unfortunately in my very first posting I have to confirm the above mentioned problem.

I ran into the same thing a long time ago, and realized that some shows/movies simply do not have 1080p streams available. Try again with a Netflix Original title and make sure that it isn't just a question of there not being an HD stream for whatever it is you're trying to watch.

I can confirm, my two devices that don't have widevine L1 seem to be capping at 480p now, the mi box keeps doing HD without issues, maybe Netflix decided to be a little more strict.
(2020-05-22, 20:17)AndrewJC Wrote:

Hi AndrewJC,
Thanks for your response.
Already considered this as a possible cause for my problem. I tried watching streams from all Netflix categories, including Originals. "The Last Dance" for example.
But it doesn't work. The result remains the same.

Do you have any other ideas? Or someone else, maybe? :-)
Hi Masters!
I have a problem with netflix add ons. When started, an HTTPerror message is displayed. LOG file is empty.
  Intel platform, LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0.2.img.gz.
Phone and win works with  netflix account.
Thank you in advance for your help
Postscript: English doesn't work very well, (I used a googe translator)
(2020-05-22, 15:29)Sholander Wrote: Since yesterday I can get only 960x520p resolution on my Odroid N2 running Coreelec 9.2.2 and latest NF addon ver.1.3.2.
Same here with Netflix on Mecool KM1 running CoreELEC. I suspect the problem might be the latest version of inputstream adaptive, which updated a couple of days ago, but when I installed the previous version (2.4.3.1) Netflix videos would not play.
(2020-05-23, 10:14)sepata Wrote:
(2020-05-22, 15:29)Sholander Wrote: Since yesterday I can get only 960x520p resolution on my Odroid N2 running Coreelec 9.2.2 and latest NF addon ver.1.3.2.
Same here with Netflix on Mecool KM1 running CoreELEC. I suspect the problem might be the latest version of inputstream adaptive, which updated a couple of days ago, but when I installed the previous version (2.4.3.1) Netflix videos would not play. 

I don't think that it's latest "inputstream adaptive" the cause, since I'm running on older 2.4.4.1 version with same result - only SD streams available.
Does anyone have those issues on LibreELEC or does it only occur on CoreELEC systems?
If Netflix would have decided to restrict their streams to 540p, wouldn't it cause issues on both systems?
(2020-05-23, 11:08)firest0rm Wrote: Does anyone have those issues on LibreELEC or does it only occur on CoreELEC systems?
If Netflix would have decided to restrict their streams to 540p, wouldn't it cause issues on both systems?

One of my devices that's now restricted to SD is a Vero 4k+ w/osmc so I don't see it being CE related.

Updates:

Intel x64 windows Leia Netflix plugin gives HD streams. Inputstream adaptive 2.4.5.

Mi Box S Android Oreo Widevine L1 Leia, plugin gives HD. Inputstream adaptive 2.4.3.

Vero 4k+ osmc Widevine L3 Leia plugin restricted to SD. Inputstream adaptive 2.4.3.

Intel x64 libreelec nuc Leia plugin restricted to SD / Same nuc on Windows 10, gets HD streams.

All above tested on Kodi Leia 18.6
Will post more tests.
(2020-05-23, 10:56)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 10:14)sepata Wrote:

I don't think that it's latest "inputstream adaptive" the cause, since I'm running on older 2.4.4.1 version with same result - only SD streams available.  
2.4.4.1 is the new version.

As well as coreelec, I am also running the Netflix addon on Android Kodi 18.7 on my Mecool KM1 (not Netflix certified) and that is streaming 1080. That suggests to me Netflix is not the cause. Kodi 18.7 is the new version, also released in the past couple of days. Try upgrading to 18.7 if you are experiencing this issue, though coreelec/libreelec/osmc etc upgrades will take a while.
(2020-05-23, 15:44)sepata Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 10:56)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 10:14)sepata Wrote: Same here with Netflix on Mecool KM1 running CoreELEC. I suspect the problem might be the latest version of inputstream adaptive, which updated a couple of days ago, but when I installed the previous version (2.4.3.1) Netflix videos would not play.   

2.5.4 is the new version, only 2.5.4.1 for CoreElec is not ready yet to download...

For the time being I'm using my LG_TV Netflix app which runs OK in 1080p, but with very low bitrate (one half to one third than before Corona pandemic), which is obviously Netflix restriction.
(2020-05-23, 17:26)Sholander Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 15:44)sepata Wrote:
(2020-05-23, 10:56)Sholander Wrote: I don't think that it's latest "inputstream adaptive" the cause, since I'm running on older 2.4.4.1 version with same result - only SD streams available.    

2.5.4 is the new version, only 2.5.4.1 for CoreElec is not ready yet to download...  

2.4.4.1 is the newest CoreELEC version, which they released a couple of days ago, when the Netflix troubles started, but the good news is that they are working on an upgrade to be pushed with Kodi 18.7 soon. Hopefully that will fix the Netflix issue.
  • 155(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14