• 110(current)
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus
(2020-05-28, 23:32)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano

Hi Bart,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. Work's been pretty crazy lately. Anyway, I've attached an image to show you what it should look like. On my main LE system, it looks like this.

I've attached a copy of the file here: https://mega.nz/file/5Cx1FQ7B#pHDVGWIJ0O...uORwdeAhf8 - The copy I attached is the copy that works as it should on my LE setup. I also copied it over to my Windows test installation but there was no change whatsoever. It still displays incorrectly.

I tried the playlist, but then realized that it's just that, a playlist, and it's not displaying the recently added as before. Hopefully you can shed some light on it for me.

Thanks,

Shedrock
@shedrock , from what I can see, you have configured two different shelves whose names are very similar.  In your main LE machine, you have "Recently Added TV Shows" (Default Shelves, TV Shows, Recently Added TV Shows), but in your other machine, you have "Recently Added Episodes" (Default Shelves, Episodes, Recently Added Episodes).  besides that, I do not see any issue with your settings.  I configured my TV Shows menu item shelves just like you have them (from the file that you sent).  I get this:

Which is correct.  I used as sort by for the Recently Added TV Shows shelf "dateadded", "descending".

Also, in your other machine you have "show two shelves together" and in your main LE machine you do not.  This is what it looks like for me with a similar configuration to your other machine:

Perhaps you are thinking of the "Recently Added Episodes" shelf from skin.helper.service.widgets (it groups multiple episodes from the same show)? That is no longer a default shelf, you can get to it by, if you have the addon, Addons, Video Addons, Skin Helper Service Widgets, Episodes, Recently Added Episodes, Use as Widget.  For me that looks like this (the top shelf):

Again, other than those things I have mentioned, I do not see any issues with your settings.  My apologies for not being of more help.

Regards,

Bart
Hi again Bart,

On my LE system my Top widget has always been from skin helper, and it was setup from the Amber Settings > Home Menu > shelf settings. I chose "Recently Added Episodes" and it has always displayed correctly.
Quote:"Perhaps you are thinking of the "Recently Added Episodes" shelf from skin.helper.service.widgets (it groups multiple episodes from the same show)?"
 Yes, this is correct.
Quote:"That is no longer a default shelf, you can get to it by, if you have the addon, Addons, Video Addons, Skin Helper Service Widgets, Episodes, Recently Added Episodes, Use as Widget.  For me that looks like this (the top shelf):

I actually do have Skin Helper Service Widgets on my Windows test machine but I don't see that SHS option. I will test it on my LE machine tomorrow when I get in from work and let you know.

Thanks for all your help Bart.
(2019-03-17, 20:09)bsoriano Wrote: Amber for Leia/Matrix

Here is Amber updated for Kodi Leia/Matrix.  I am in the process of becoming a skilled skinner, so bear with me if there are any issues.

IMPORTANT: This version of the skin is compatible with Leia/Matrix only, so it most likely will not work with Krypton or below. 

Thank-yous

Download

2019-04-17: Amber is in the  Kodi repo! Smile Thanks to all that helped get it there!  Please download from the Kodi repo if the version you have is lower than 3.1.4.

As per policy, I will be pushing less frequent updates to the Kodi repo, except in cases of bugs.

2019-04-23: Amber has its own repo also! Smile Thanks to all that helped me with that task.  Please download the repo from the link below.  For the most up-to-date changes, bug fixes and testing of WIP features, install the skin from the Amber Repo.  That way, the skin will be automatically updated with the changes I make and you will not have to download from GitHub every time.

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo.amber/blob/master/repository.amber/repository.amber-1.0.1.zip

2020-03-25: Amber has its own repo also for Matrix! Smile Thanks to all that helped me with that task.  Please download the repo from the link below.  For the most up-to-date changes, bug fixes and testing of WIP features, install the skin from the Amber Repo.  That way, the skin will be automatically updated with the changes I make and you will not have to download from GitHub every time.

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo.amber.matrix/blob/master/repository.amber.matrix/repository.amber.matrix-1.0.2.zip

Also, you can download directly from my source GitHub:

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber

Dependencies
  • Kodi Leia/Matrix (tested with Leia 18.6 and latest Matrix nightly as of 2020-05-14)
  • script.favourites
  • script.skin.helper.widgets
  • resource.uisounds.amber
  • script.skinshortcuts

• To-Do (2020)
  • Provide more color options Done! 2020-01-27
  • Provide transparency/opacity options for shelves background Done! (via color customization) 2020-01-27
  • Look into showing three shelves together
  • Show Logo in Home screen and media views Done! (logo shown in Low List and List views only) 2020-03-09
  • Look into providing artwork options for the shelves
  • Provide option to show/hide the different ratings and certification flags in Video Info  Done! 2020-03-20
  • Provide option to show audio/subtitle info in media views Done! 2020-03-09
  • Randomize playlist background images in home window Done! 2020-03-09
  • Provide landscape media view (Netflix style)
  • Provide "low" position option for the shelves for horizontal menu
  • Provide option to show seek bar in the bottom
  • Provide option to show/hide channel groups from EPG window Done! 2020-03-09
  • Provide option to show either popup or subtitle settings for the subtitles button in OSD Done! 2020-03-09

Latest Versions:
  • GitHub: 3.2.84 (Leia), 3.3.84 (Matrix, Master branch)
  • Amber repo: 3.2.84
  • Amber repo Matrix: 3.3.84
  • Kodi repo: 3.2.23 (Leia), 3.3.23 (Matrix)

Note:
In the Amber repo, you will also find a modded version of script.skin.helper.widgets, which provides, for the Recently Added Episodes shelf, functionality similar to Plex.  That is, if you choose to group episodes from the same season in the addon settings, the shelf will show you the season poster instead of the tv show poster (when multiple episodes from the same season of a tv show have been added recently), and if you click on that season poster, Amber will take you directly to the season in your library.

Translations

Please let me know if you are willing to translate Amber into your language and I will provide you with instuctions on how to do so.  Thanks.

Issues and Feature Requests

If you find an issue (something does not work at all, or something worked in the Krypton version, but does not work in this version), please create an issue in GitHub.  If you are not able to do that, then by all means post it in this thread.

Please post any feature request in this thread as well. I cannot commit to completing any feature requests, as it will depend on whether it is above my skill set or not.  I apologize in advance if I cannot complete a feature request you might have.  

I hope some of you find this useful!

Regards,

Bart

Any chance for an on/off option for extras in the video info screen, ie mainly cast? I am looking into less cluttered windows.
(2020-05-29, 06:04)Salomon Wrote:
(2019-03-17, 20:09)bsoriano Wrote: Amber for Leia/Matrix

Here is Amber updated for Kodi Leia/Matrix.  I am in the process of becoming a skilled skinner, so bear with me if there are any issues.

IMPORTANT: This version of the skin is compatible with Leia/Matrix only, so it most likely will not work with Krypton or below. 

Thank-yous

Download

2019-04-17: Amber is in the  Kodi repo! Smile Thanks to all that helped get it there!  Please download from the Kodi repo if the version you have is lower than 3.1.4.

As per policy, I will be pushing less frequent updates to the Kodi repo, except in cases of bugs.

2019-04-23: Amber has its own repo also! Smile Thanks to all that helped me with that task.  Please download the repo from the link below.  For the most up-to-date changes, bug fixes and testing of WIP features, install the skin from the Amber Repo.  That way, the skin will be automatically updated with the changes I make and you will not have to download from GitHub every time.

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo.amber/blob/master/repository.amber/repository.amber-1.0.1.zip

2020-03-25: Amber has its own repo also for Matrix! Smile Thanks to all that helped me with that task.  Please download the repo from the link below.  For the most up-to-date changes, bug fixes and testing of WIP features, install the skin from the Amber Repo.  That way, the skin will be automatically updated with the changes I make and you will not have to download from GitHub every time.

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo.amber.matrix/blob/master/repository.amber.matrix/repository.amber.matrix-1.0.2.zip

Also, you can download directly from my source GitHub:

Link: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber

Dependencies
  • Kodi Leia/Matrix (tested with Leia 18.6 and latest Matrix nightly as of 2020-05-14)
  • script.favourites
  • script.skin.helper.widgets
  • resource.uisounds.amber
  • script.skinshortcuts

• To-Do (2020)
  • Provide more color options Done! 2020-01-27
  • Provide transparency/opacity options for shelves background Done! (via color customization) 2020-01-27
  • Look into showing three shelves together
  • Show Logo in Home screen and media views Done! (logo shown in Low List and List views only) 2020-03-09
  • Look into providing artwork options for the shelves
  • Provide option to show/hide the different ratings and certification flags in Video Info  Done! 2020-03-20
  • Provide option to show audio/subtitle info in media views Done! 2020-03-09
  • Randomize playlist background images in home window Done! 2020-03-09
  • Provide landscape media view (Netflix style)
  • Provide "low" position option for the shelves for horizontal menu
  • Provide option to show seek bar in the bottom
  • Provide option to show/hide channel groups from EPG window Done! 2020-03-09
  • Provide option to show either popup or subtitle settings for the subtitles button in OSD Done! 2020-03-09

Latest Versions:
  • GitHub: 3.2.84 (Leia), 3.3.84 (Matrix, Master branch)
  • Amber repo: 3.2.84
  • Amber repo Matrix: 3.3.84
  • Kodi repo: 3.2.23 (Leia), 3.3.23 (Matrix)

Note:
In the Amber repo, you will also find a modded version of script.skin.helper.widgets, which provides, for the Recently Added Episodes shelf, functionality similar to Plex.  That is, if you choose to group episodes from the same season in the addon settings, the shelf will show you the season poster instead of the tv show poster (when multiple episodes from the same season of a tv show have been added recently), and if you click on that season poster, Amber will take you directly to the season in your library.

Translations

Please let me know if you are willing to translate Amber into your language and I will provide you with instuctions on how to do so.  Thanks.

Issues and Feature Requests

If you find an issue (something does not work at all, or something worked in the Krypton version, but does not work in this version), please create an issue in GitHub.  If you are not able to do that, then by all means post it in this thread.

Please post any feature request in this thread as well. I cannot commit to completing any feature requests, as it will depend on whether it is above my skill set or not.  I apologize in advance if I cannot complete a feature request you might have.  

I hope some of you find this useful!

Regards,

Bart

Any chance for an on/off option for extras in the video info screen, ie mainly cast? I am looking into less cluttered windows.

@Salomon, I will look into adding an option to disable showing the cast in video info. I will not redesign the dialog, so most likely the banner for the movie or tv show will take its place or the space will simply be empty. Would that be agreeable to you?

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano I just upgraded to 18.7 from 17.6 and I've been testing out different skins to find something with similar functionality as the Titan skin I was using. I've really liked the clean layout and functionality of the Amber skin. I was looking for a skin with custom home features for my smart playlists and a fanart view primarily, so this works great. However, I'm currently running into an issue with the alphabet scroll, which I don't know if it is the functionality or I'm missing a setting to select, but I'm currently unable to click on any of the letters to jump to that letter. The alphabet appear when I scroll and if I move the mouse down they stay up, but I can't click on any letters. For my build, I navigate exclusively with just a mouse, no keyboard interactions. So, is it possible to jump to a letter using only a mouse? Is there a setting to keep the alphabet showing without the need to scroll first? 

I had a couple of other questions of terminology I was hoping somebody could clear up for me as well please.
I wasn't sure what the "press down for gallery" option was for in the sideblade, but it didn't seem to change anything related to that.
The term shelves and what that is actually relating to. I hadn't noticed that term being used in the other skins I've used or played around with.

Is there a particular reason that the video selector is offset to the left vs being centered?  The Titan skin had the center video highlighted to be selected, but all of the newer skins I've been testing out have that left offset, which just seems weird to me. I assume there isn't any option to change that, but thought I'd check. Thanks.
(2020-05-29, 15:46)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano I just upgraded to 18.7 from 17.6 and I've been testing out different skins to find something with similar functionality as the Titan skin I was using. I've really liked the clean layout and functionality of the Amber skin. I was looking for a skin with custom home features for my smart playlists and a fanart view primarily, so this works great. However, I'm currently running into an issue with the alphabet scroll, which I don't know if it is the functionality or I'm missing a setting to select, but I'm currently unable to click on any of the letters to jump to that letter. The alphabet appear when I scroll and if I move the mouse down they stay up, but I can't click on any letters. For my build, I navigate exclusively with just a mouse, no keyboard interactions. So, is it possible to jump to a letter using only a mouse? Is there a setting to keep the alphabet showing without the need to scroll first? 

I had a couple of other questions of terminology I was hoping somebody could clear up for me as well please.
I wasn't sure what the "press down for gallery" option was for in the sideblade, but it didn't seem to change anything related to that.
The term shelves and what that is actually relating to. I hadn't noticed that term being used in the other skins I've used or played around with.

Is there a particular reason that the video selector is offset to the left vs being centered?  The Titan skin had the center video highlighted to be selected, but all of the newer skins I've been testing out have that left offset, which just seems weird to me. I assume there isn't any option to change that, but thought I'd check. Thanks.
@crazyhands911 , thank you for your feedback and your kind words.

In terms of the alphabet strip, unfortunately it is not intended for you to click on a letter to go to that letter, it is meant for you to press right (keyboard or remote control) until you get to it, and then press down to go through each letter; so when you move from A to B, the list positions itself on the first item that starts with B, and so on.  Also, the alphabet strip only shows up if the list is sorted alphabetically.

I will think about adding a different option for the alphabet strip that is more mouse-friendly, meaning that you can press/click on a letter to go to that letter.  No commitment on when I will include this, though.

Press down for Gallery in Fanart view gives you something like this when you press down from any item:

It is termed "Gallery" since it allows you to see more of the fanart for each item.  And then you can press right or left to move forwards or backwards through the items.  If you press Up, you will go back to the regular view.

A shelf is a widget.  I guess when Amber was created (by @pecinko ), the widgets looked like shelves in a bookcase.  I kept the term when I took over maintenance of the skin.  Amber allows for up to six widgets (shelves) per menu item, and you can show them one at a time (the default), and you move between them by pressing Up.  Each widget can be one row, two rows or three rows., You can also show the first two widgets together (and only those two), or the first three together (and only those three).  You can press Back from the widgets to get back to the main menu, or Down from the only widget showing or the widget which is at the bottom if you are showing two or three.

As for the item selected when you enter Fanart view being offset to the left, I guess it was a design choice by the creator that I have not had a reason to change.  So, you would prefer the 4th item (there are 8 at a time on the screen, so there is not a real "center" one) to be selected when you enter the view for the first time? Please confirm.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano
Quote:As for the item selected when you enter Fanart view being offset to the left, I guess it was a design choice by the creator that I have not had a reason to change.  So, you would prefer the 4th item (there are 8 at a time on the screen, so there is not a real "center" one) to be selected when you enter the view for the first time? Please confirm.  Thanks.
I guess without a true center, my personal preference would be the 5th item, since I'm usually scrolling in that direction and I'm usually looking to the right to see what comes up next, but it just seems more natural to put the mouse in the center of the screen to focus on. I may be in the minority of using solely a mouse to control my Kodi. I have my pc hooked up to my main tv so I'm sitting on a couch, so a keyboard isn't going to work and I've preferred a mouse to a remote, as I find it more intuitive and quicker to navigate around the system, typically.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain. The gallery option is cool, but again, without the keyboard, not something I'm going to be able to utilize sadly. Amber is still more mouse friendly then some of the other skins I had tried.

On the home screen, is there an option I've missed to move the menu from the bottom to the middle of the screen by chance? Just more of my OCD coming out and liking things centered and uniform, lol.
(2020-05-29, 17:14)crazyhands911 Wrote: @bsoriano
Quote:As for the item selected when you enter Fanart view being offset to the left, I guess it was a design choice by the creator that I have not had a reason to change.  So, you would prefer the 4th item (there are 8 at a time on the screen, so there is not a real "center" one) to be selected when you enter the view for the first time? Please confirm.  Thanks.
I guess without a true center, my personal preference would be the 5th item, since I'm usually scrolling in that direction and I'm usually looking to the right to see what comes up next, but it just seems more natural to put the mouse in the center of the screen to focus on. I may be in the minority of using solely a mouse to control my Kodi. I have my pc hooked up to my main tv so I'm sitting on a couch, so a keyboard isn't going to work and I've preferred a mouse to a remote, as I find it more intuitive and quicker to navigate around the system, typically.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and explain. The gallery option is cool, but again, without the keyboard, not something I'm going to be able to utilize sadly. Amber is still more mouse friendly then some of the other skins I had tried.

On the home screen, is there an option I've missed to move the menu from the bottom to the middle of the screen by chance? Just more of my OCD coming out and liking things centered and uniform, lol.  
@crazyhands911 , thanks for confirming.  I will add an option to start on the 5th item.

I also have my PC hooked up to my main tv, and I am also sitting on a couch.  I use both a remote control (Logitech Harmony) and a small keyboard with trackpad (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z81...UTF8&psc=1).

There is no option to move the menu at this time.  I will think about this one as well; again, no commitment as to when I might include this.

Out of curiosity, how do you usually update skins? Kodi repo? I ask because the Amber version in the Kodi repo is quite a few versions behind from the latest.  Amber has its own repo for Leia and Matrix (look at the first post).  If you install the Amber repo, you will have access to the latest features, since I update that repo quite frequently.

Finally, I am not sure if you noticed, but in Settings, Skin Settings, General, there is an option to "Enable Mouse/Touch buttons".  If you activate this, you will see three buttons in all windows (except the home screen) that allow to click on them to go to the Home Screen, to go Back, or to open the sidebalde.  They look like this:

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-29, 17:34)bsoriano Wrote: I also have my PC hooked up to my main tv, and I am also sitting on a couch.  I use both a remote control (Logitech Harmony) and a small keyboard with trackpad (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z81...UTF8&psc=1).

Out of curiosity, how do you usually update skins? Kodi repo? I ask because the Amber version in the Kodi repo is quite a few versions behind from the latest.  Amber has its own repo for Leia and Matrix (look at the first post).  If you install the Amber repo, you will have access to the latest features, since I update that repo quite frequently.

Finally, I am not sure if you noticed, but in Settings, Skin Settings, General, there is an option to "Enable Mouse/Touch buttons".  If you activate this, you will see three buttons in all windows (except the home screen) that allow to click on them to go to the Home Screen, to go Back, or to open the sidebalde.  They look like this:

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano

I had enabled the mouse buttons, which again, was one of the main reasons that I liked Amber, it was more mouse friendly then some of the others I tried. Thanks for the link to that remote though. The ones that I've seen or used in the past were more simple or did not have the touch pad feature, but I also haven't investigated in a long time either.

I've been using the Titan skin and 17.6 for the last few years, as I had my build the way I wanted it, but recent issues with Artwork Downloader being broken and exported images from library exports degraded has led me down an upgrade and change rabbit hole. I recently went thru and updated my movie libraries with better quality files, removing files less than 1080p quality, if possible, and stuff just wasn't scrapping the same and poster and fanart were missing. I'm trying to decide if I need to go thru and redo my show libraries now too or not and scrape with The Movie Database instead of the old TVDB that everything was originally scraped, since it is no longer the default scraper. It's been a time consuming transition and wanting it to be over soon, lol. After upgrading to 18.6, Titan was no longer an option, so I was just trying different skins that were in the Kodi repo to see if I found something that I liked and let me do what I wanted to do in a simple manner. I'll checkout the other repo for updated features since I think I plan to stick with Amber going forward. It seems like a great skin and its always awesome to find one that is supported so well and quickly.
@bsoriano, I have just updated Amber 3.2.86 and the French translations seem correct.

On the other hand I noticed 2 elements to correct.

- First, in the dialog box that offers to download an extension :
In the sentence "Pour utiliser cette fonctionnalité, une extension doit être d'abord être téléchargée :", there is one "être" too many (the one in red).
Here is the exact sentence "Pour utiliser cette fonctionnalité, une extension doit être d'abord téléchargée :".

- Other translation to modify in Settings -> Media views :
You can change the "Disposition alternative des vues de liste" item by "Alterner la disposition dans les vues de liste".

- Another thing, I noticed that for the TV shows in the panel view, the bottom of the summaries is a little too close to the line "Saison : . Épisode : " :
It would be nice to enlarge this space a little bit.

- Can you also tell me how you manage to display the number of episodes at the top right of the TV shows posters in this shelf :

Thanks in advance.
(2020-05-29, 18:32)crazyhands911 Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 17:34)bsoriano Wrote: I also have my PC hooked up to my main tv, and I am also sitting on a couch.  I use both a remote control (Logitech Harmony) and a small keyboard with trackpad (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z81...UTF8&psc=1).

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano

I had enabled the mouse buttons, which again, was one of the main reasons that I liked Amber, it was more mouse friendly then some of the others I tried. Thanks for the link to that remote though. The ones that I've seen or used in the past were more simple or did not have the touch pad feature, but I also haven't investigated in a long time either.

I've been using the Titan skin and 17.6 for the last few years, as I had my build the way I wanted it, but recent issues with Artwork Downloader being broken and exported images from library exports degraded has led me down an upgrade and change rabbit hole. I recently went thru and updated my movie libraries with better quality files, removing files less than 1080p quality, if possible, and stuff just wasn't scrapping the same and poster and fanart were missing. I'm trying to decide if I need to go thru and redo my show libraries now too or not and scrape with The Movie Database instead of the old TVDB that everything was originally scraped, since it is no longer the default scraper. It's been a time consuming transition and wanting it to be over soon, lol. After upgrading to 18.6, Titan was no longer an option, so I was just trying different skins that were in the Kodi repo to see if I found something that I liked and let me do what I wanted to do in a simple manner. I'll checkout the other repo for updated features since I think I plan to stick with Amber going forward. It seems like a great skin and its always awesome to find one that is supported so well and quickly. 
@crazyhands911 , thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

I also like to have the best artwork possible, and ended up switching to Artwork Beef for downloading all of the artwork for my collection.  It gets art from multiple online services, and you can specify the artwork resolution you want it to get.  Even though it is a bit more work for me, I use NFOs for all of my movies and tv shows, and only use the local files scraper.  I manage the info and initial artwork download with a Windows app called Media Companion (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=129134), it does a great job of creating the NFOs and downloading art.  You can set Artwork Beef to get any missing artwork after each library update, and it also loads all of the artwork info into Kodi's texture cache, so it will be retrieved faster.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-29, 21:54)Cyberdom Wrote: @bsoriano, I have just updated Amber 3.2.86 and the French translations seem correct.

On the other hand I noticed 2 elements to correct.

- First, in the dialog box that offers to download an extension :
In the sentence "Pour utiliser cette fonctionnalité, une extension doit être d'abord être téléchargée :", there is one "être" too many (the one in red).
Here is the exact sentence "Pour utiliser cette fonctionnalité, une extension doit être d'abord téléchargée :".

- Other translation to modify in Settings -> Media views :
You can change the "Disposition alternative des vues de liste" item by "Alterner la disposition dans les vues de liste".

- Another thing, I noticed that for the TV shows in the panel view, the bottom of the summaries is a little too close to the line "Saison : . Épisode : " :
It would be nice to enlarge this space a little bit.

- Can you also tell me how you manage to display the number of episodes at the top right of the TV shows posters in this shelf :

Thanks in advance.
@Cyberdom , good to know the French translation is almost perfect.  Thanks again for taking the time to do it.

The first case you mention is not something I chan change, since the dialog information comes from Kodi itself.  So the Kodi main French translation would have to be updated.

I will fix the second one, thanks.

In terms of the space between the plot and the episode info, you said Panel view, correct? I don't have that issue on my systems.  At what resolution are you running?

Finally, to get the unwatched episode count on the top right like the screenshot, make sure that you enable the "Show Marks on Top Right" skin setting, and make sure that you have the setting "Hide Unwatched Episodes Marks" set to No.  Like in this screenshot:

Regards,

Bart
(2020-05-29, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote: The first case you mention is not something I chan change, since the dialog information comes from Kodi itself.  So the Kodi main French translation would have to be updated.
OK, so let's wait for Kodi to update the French translations.

(2020-05-29, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote: I will fix the second one, thanks.

In terms of the space between the plot and the episode info, you said Panel view, correct? I don't have that issue on my systems.  At what resolution are you running?
Indeed, it is in the panel view and the panel 2 view for TV shows. I am in 1920x1080. For space, it's very light. This is especially compared to list views where there is slightly more space.

(2020-05-29, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote: Finally, to get the unwatched episode count on the top right like the screenshot, make sure that you enable the "Show Marks on Top Right" skin setting, and make sure that you have the setting "Hide Unwatched Episodes Marks" set to No.  Like in this screenshot:

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for the explanations, I will try.
(2020-05-29, 17:34)bsoriano Wrote: Out of curiosity, how do you usually update skins? Kodi repo? I ask because the Amber version in the Kodi repo is quite a few versions behind from the latest.  Amber has its own repo for Leia and Matrix (look at the first post).  If you install the Amber repo, you will have access to the latest features, since I update that repo quite frequently.
@bsoriano

So  I went to github and got your skin.amber-master.zip and tried to install the addon from zip, but I'm getting "the dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.15.0 could not be satisfied" and nothing happens that I can tell. No repository appears.

I went back and changed from Master to Leia and it did say that the add-on was added, however under my list of repositories, I see All Repositories, Kodi Add-on repository, and Rector Stuff. If I dig into All Repositories, and go to Look and Feel, then Skin, I see Amber is enabled,  but it also shows Ace 2, Confluence and Rapier marked as enabled, which were some of the skins I was trying before I came across Amber. I'm showing Amber 3.2.86 on the skin settings page, whereas my other pc that I haven't done this on yet has nothing listed.  Is 3.2.86 the most updated version, and do I need to download some additionally to keep it updated properly? Thanks.
(2020-05-30, 03:37)crazyhands911 Wrote:
(2020-05-29, 17:34)bsoriano Wrote: Out of curiosity, how do you usually update skins? Kodi repo? I ask because the Amber version in the Kodi repo is quite a few versions behind from the latest.  Amber has its own repo for Leia and Matrix (look at the first post).  If you install the Amber repo, you will have access to the latest features, since I update that repo quite frequently.
@bsoriano

So  I went to github and got your skin.amber-master.zip and tried to install the addon from zip, but I'm getting "the dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.15.0 could not be satisfied" and nothing happens that I can tell. No repository appears.

I went back and changed from Master to Leia and it did say that the add-on was added, however under my list of repositories, I see All Repositories, Kodi Add-on repository, and Rector Stuff. If I dig into All Repositories, and go to Look and Feel, then Skin, I see Amber is enabled,  but it also shows Ace 2, Confluence and Rapier marked as enabled, which were some of the skins I was trying before I came across Amber. I'm showing Amber 3.2.86 on the skin settings page, whereas my other pc that I haven't done this on yet has nothing listed.  Is 3.2.86 the most updated version, and do I need to download some additionally to keep it updated properly? Thanks.
@crazyhands911, my apologies for not being more specific before. The Amber repo for Leia is https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip. Download it and install it (install addon from zip). And yes, 3.2.86 is the latest version.

The master branch on GitHub is for Kodi Matrix.

Regards,

Bart
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus5