• 84(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2020-07-06, 17:47)Skirge01 Wrote: What does everyone else do to prevent their hand-curated artwork from being changed?
I use local artwork, so the artwork I select and save locally is never overwritten or replaced. AB only loads the movie set artwork into Kodi for me.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-06, 22:53)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 17:47)Skirge01 Wrote: What does everyone else do to prevent their hand-curated artwork from being changed?
I use local artwork, so the artwork I select and save locally is never overwritten or replaced. AB only loads the movie set artwork into Kodi for me.
Karellen,

Sorry for the offtopic. Do you use extrafanart and do you load it into the Db with advancedsetttings file?
(2020-07-07, 00:04)Edworld Wrote: Do you use extrafanart and do you load it into the Db with advancedsetttings file?
Yes to both questions. I use AB to load my movie set artwork only. It does nothing else on my setup.

Are you having problems?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-07, 00:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-07-07, 00:04)Edworld Wrote: Do you use extrafanart and do you load it into the Db with advancedsetttings file?
Yes to both questions. I use AB to load my movie set artwork only. It does nothing else on my setup.

Are you having problems?
Where can I find a copy of your advancedsettings file? I know I've seen it before. Can you add the link to your signature?
Thanks
(2020-07-07, 01:11)Edworld Wrote: Where can I find a copy of your advancedsettings file?
Here... https://paste.kodi.tv/ixuvozovan
My installs are all Windows based. I won't add it to signature as I don't want to keep updating the pastelink when they expire every couple of months.

Also you and all members should be aware there are major changes coming to the current Artwork design that was introduced in v18. Both @DaveBlake and @rmrector are redesigning trying to make the facility easier and friendlier to use. Artwork naming will not change so no need to despair about renaming all your artwork. The developers are trying to add GUI settings so it is easier to nominate which artwork you want.

You can keep an eye out here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18072. There is another PR using a different method from daveblake, but I cannot seem to locate it.
My Signature
(2020-07-07, 01:29)Karellen Wrote: You can keep an eye out here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/18072. There is another PR using a different method from daveblake, but I cannot seem to locate it.
No PR from me yet but soon, although music gets separate code from video (the scanning and scraping processes are different) I'm sure that video and music work will result with a consistent user experience. Adding GUI settings which are easier to access than advancedsettings.xml, an option to have Kodi scoop up all image files it finds and use all scraper art results (good if you don't want to think about it, bad if you have random image files amongst your media and don't want them all loaded into cache), and ultimately a batch art update facility too.
So, should I not get this if I use Emby as a back-end server and Emby for Kodi?
(2020-06-28, 21:24)pletopia Wrote: ...

I know V19 i still in very alpha stages, but rmrector are you planning to update Artwork Beef python3 so it can continue to be an addon for Kodi going forward? I'm trying to avoid using an outside manager to just add artwork to my folders. I love the simplicity of just running my library update and afterwards all the artwork is just there.

Not Artwork Beef itself, but something like it that does only that - it's the last major feature that isn't handled by Kodi + scrapers in v19.
(2020-07-09, 03:54)rmrector Wrote:
(2020-06-28, 21:24)pletopia Wrote: ...

I know V19 i still in very alpha stages, but rmrector are you planning to update Artwork Beef python3 so it can continue to be an addon for Kodi going forward? I'm trying to avoid using an outside manager to just add artwork to my folders. I love the simplicity of just running my library update and afterwards all the artwork is just there.

Not Artwork Beef itself, but something like it that does only that - it's the last major feature that isn't handled by Kodi + scrapers in v19.
Something for AB in v19 maybe.  I have a desire to get local video art.  I have whitelisted arttype for musicvideo, but AFAIK, v19 will only add filename-arttype.ext to a video item.  But with AB, it will also look for arttype.ext in the containing folder and add that if it exists.  I have a use case for that (multiple video files in the same folder that use the same local file for the arttype).  I did hack AB to work in v19 and got it working.  (Wanted for some skin testing and couldn't figure out a convenient way to rename arttype.ext to mvfilename-arttype.ext without writing some script for it myself which I was too lazy to do.)

scott s.
(2020-07-07, 01:29)Karellen Wrote: Both @DaveBlake and @rmrector are redesigning trying to make the facility easier and friendlier to use. Artwork naming will not change so no need to despair about renaming all your artwork. The developers are trying to add GUI settings so it is easier to nominate which artwork you want.
So, does that mean this is the ideal time to make a feature request for Kodi to downloaded PVR artwork then?....Hehe! Wink
It's okay, I'm just joking. I think that dream is maybe wishful thinking on my part, although I did make a request fairly recently to allow users to use local artwork for their PVR guide data....so who knows, something might happen yet! Smile
(2020-07-09, 03:54)rmrector Wrote:  Not Artwork Beef itself, but something like it that does only that - it's the last major feature that isn't handled by Kodi + scrapers in v19.

Nice. So there will be a way to continue to avoid outside managers and have "son of AB" handle that in v19 in the future. Great news.
(2020-07-03, 22:20)pletopia Wrote: mysql db stores metadata .. not the artwork. Each machine caches its artwork independently so yes, you will need artwork beef on each machine.

Sorry don't think that is correct.

I have a central MySQL database, and I have Kodi running on a server that I leave running so it can do library and artwork updates automatically. It is the only Kodi instance that runs Artwork Beef. When I use my other Kodi instances, all the artwork is good to go without requiring additional scanning.

Cheers,
Zolt
(2020-07-10, 05:50)Zoltrix Wrote:
(2020-07-03, 22:20)pletopia Wrote: mysql db stores metadata .. not the artwork. Each machine caches its artwork independently so yes, you will need artwork beef on each machine.

Sorry don't think that is correct.

I have a central MySQL database, and I have Kodi running on a server that I leave running so it can do library and artwork updates automatically. It is the only Kodi instance that runs Artwork Beef. When I use my other Kodi instances, all the artwork is good to go without requiring additional scanning.

Cheers,
Zolt

Correct. Working like this for me too. I think my syncing movieset artwork issue was my Kodi with artwork beef was connected to server via SMB while other Kodi instances were NFS. It was either that or Because I changed some setting in artwork beef about to pre-caching images.
Can someone explain what Artwork Beef does/doesn't do if I use Emby to update the Kodi library?
(2020-07-15, 10:00)ratzofftoya Wrote: Can someone explain what Artwork Beef does/doesn't do if I use Emby to update the Kodi library?

Good question, never tried but i am curious, somebody experiences?
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5