Kodi not extracting thumbnails when using "Local information only"
Title says it all, Kodi isn't extracting the thumbnails, I have empty thumbnails instead of Kodi extracted ones, how can I fix this? does that option not work with local information only?
I have also installed Artwork Beef and ticked use local images for everything except for TV Shows, in there I have set every amount to 0 so it doesn't download anything and in Advanced I have set up to prefer the thumbnails generated by Kodi. Still after that I don't get any thumbnail.

I also would like to know if I seletec a metadata provider instead of "Local information only" would Kodi first use the local metadata and then use the provider to fill the missing information?
Which skin are you using? There's been a change in Matrix about ListItem.Icon and some skins that worked perfectly with Leia must be adapted to display thumbnails correctly now.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2020-07-23, 10:17)ferdinand Wrote: does that option not work with local information only?

That should depend on that type of information is available in the nfo files. Does it contain fanart URLs?
Perhaps you can pastebin one of your nfo files.
(2020-07-23, 10:29)manfeed Wrote: Which skin are you using? There's been a change in Matrix about ListItem.Icon and some skins that worked perfectly with Leia must be adapted to display thumbnails correctly now.

Thanks for the help, I'm using Titan M O D ( last Updated 19-12-2019), I also tried the default skin and get the same result, no thumbnail.
(2020-07-23, 10:31)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-07-23, 10:17)ferdinand Wrote: does that option not work with local information only?

That should depend on that type of information is available in the nfo files. Does it contain fanart URLs?
Perhaps you can pastebin one of your nfo files.

The nfo do have URLs pointing to the artworks, here is one example: https://pastebin.com/J4SCWMf7
What I want is for Kodi to generate the thumbnails itself from the media files, I don't want to use online thumbnails.
Thanks.
Have you enabled setting 1.4... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos

Your pastebin link is logged. Try again and use Kodi Paste Site

(2020-07-23, 10:17)ferdinand Wrote: f I seletec a metadata provider instead of "Local information only" would Kodi first use the local metadata
Yes, when local is missing it then uses the scraper.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-23, 11:18)Karellen Wrote: Have you enabled setting 1.4... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Videos

Your pastebin link is logged. Try again and use Kodi Paste Site
(2020-07-23, 10:17)ferdinand Wrote: f I seletec a metadata provider instead of "Local information only" would Kodi first use the local metadata
Yes, when local is missing it then uses the scraper.

Yes, those options are enabled.

I will try tomorrow using a scraper to see if this gets solved with that because I can't think a reason why the thumbnails aren't working.
Here is a nfo: https://paste.kodi.tv/ayicacocab

For some TV Shows Kodi does shows the thumbnail but I'm not sure if it shows the thumbnail that I have downloaded and store on the media folder or if is a generated thumbnail, for others it doesn't show a thumbnail at all (see the nfo, there is a url for the thumbnail and also the image is stored together with the media file).
You will need to do some testing to prove the following.

From your nfo file...
xml:
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<codec>h264</codec>
<aspect>1.33</aspect>
<width>720</width>
<height>540</height>
<durationinseconds>1255</durationinseconds>
<stereomode/>
</video>
<audio>
<codec>AC3</codec>
<language>spa</language>
<channels>2</channels>
</audio>
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>

Because you have already given Kodi the stream details, it does not poll the media file and I "think" that is what is preventing thumbnail generation.

Delete the episode from Kodi. Delete the above code from your nfo file, the rescan it. Is there a thumbnail?

You also have a link to a thumb. Can you see that image in Kodi?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-23, 11:53)Karellen Wrote: You will need to do some testing to prove the following.

From your nfo file...
xml:
<fileinfo>
<streamdetails>
<video>
<codec>h264</codec>
<aspect>1.33</aspect>
<width>720</width>
<height>540</height>
<durationinseconds>1255</durationinseconds>
<stereomode/>
</video>
<audio>
<codec>AC3</codec>
<language>spa</language>
<channels>2</channels>
</audio>
</streamdetails>
</fileinfo>

Because you have already given Kodi the stream details, it does not poll the media file and I "think" that is what is preventing thumbnail generation.

Delete the episode from Kodi. Delete the above code from your nfo file, the rescan it. Is there a thumbnail?

You also have a link to a thumb. Can you see that image in Kodi?

Been out of my PC for days so sorry for taking so long to reply back, I have tried this right now and it didn't solve it, I still didn't see any thumbnail and now I get no media information on the information panel.

Now, after doing that I removed the folder from the library and added it again, well I removed the library completely and added it back and this time it does shows me the thumbnails but is showing me the local thumbnails instead of Kodi generated ones, it only shows generated ones on the media that doesn't have local thumbnails.

Is there any way to force Kodi to generate and use its own thumbnails?
I sometimes -most times- don't like the available thumbnails because they are of poor quality/resolution, specially on old TV Shows, that's why I want Kodi to generate thumbnails even if the media has it locally.

Thanks for all your help!
I've never had any problem getting frame grabs set as a video item "thumb" arttype regardless of having "streamdetails" in an nfo.  I don't have a <thumb> entry in the nfo instead use <thumb aspect="poster"> to force the art as "poster" arttype.  It does require waiting for Kodi to work its way through newly added library content adding the frame grab thumbs.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not extracting thumbnails when using "Local information only"0