comskip issue
Hello,

I am using Kodi 18.7 and the NextPVR add-on 5.06 and comskip. 

The .EDL file that the comskip produces works perfectly in Kodi when I go through the NextPVR add-on. I was wondering if it should work when I watch the same recording without going through NextPVR (ie. when I watch it via the Kodi "Videos" option or Kodi "TV Shows" option. I try to watch it through these options and I cannot fast forward the video past where the first commercial skip is supposed to be. It just gets stuck at that point. ) I have tried it on Windows 10 and Android TV. The reason I woud like to do it is the computer that hosts NextPVR is not always on. The recordings are on a MyCloud that is always on. So, if I can watch the video as a "Video" library or a "TV Show" library, I can avoid having to turn the computer on that hosts NextPVR.

Is there anything I can do to make this work. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Dave.
Start off by posting the contents of your edl file at Kodi Paste Site and posting the link here. Somebody might notice if there is an error in the edl file.

Also provide a Debug Log which captures the problem you describe above.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-07-25, 22:19)Karellen Wrote: Start off by posting the contents of your edl file at Kodi Paste Site and posting the link here. Somebody might notice if there is an error in the edl file.

Also provide a Debug Log which captures the problem you describe above.

Thank you for your quick response. 

As requested, here is the Kodi log: https://paste.kodi.tv/ravihuvoqu
                    here is the edl file: https://paste.kodi.tv/eramucorel

The video got stuck at 23:40 into the video.

Dave.
Thanks @DavidD

I am not a user of EDL and comskip files, so my knowledge is limited. But looking at the wiki page, seems some extra info is required in the edl file.

Please read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Edit_decision_list
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm a bit confused that the video stucks at 23:40 as the first cut for the EDL is done at:

2020-07-26 09:15:53.642 T:10212 DEBUG: CEdl::AddCut - Pushing new cut to back [00:23:53.300 - 00:26:10.800], 1

So, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the EDL. Can you cnfirm the video plays fine withtout that edl file?
(2020-07-26, 23:52)Karellen Wrote: Thanks @DavidD

I am not a user of EDL and comskip files, so my knowledge is limited. But looking at the wiki page, seems some extra info is required in the edl file.

Please read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Edit_decision_list
Thanks so much for the link. I read a note that the edl_skip_field should be set to 3 in the comskip.ini. I had it set to 1. So, as soon as I corrected that, everything works beautifully.

Much appreciated,
Dave.
(2020-07-27, 00:25)DaVu Wrote: I'm a bit confused that the video stucks at 23:40 as the first cut for the EDL is done at:

2020-07-26 09:15:53.642 T:10212 DEBUG: CEdl::AddCut - Pushing new cut to back [00:23:53.300 - 00:26:10.800], 1

So, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the EDL. Can you cnfirm the video plays fine withtout that edl file?

Thank you for your help. I found out the solution as you can see from my previous post.
(2020-07-28, 12:45)DavidD Wrote: I had it set to 1.

Which is not incorrect. As "1" means that section is muted and not skipped. Even if you set it to "1" it should do what is expected (in meaning the video should be muted) and the video should not stuck. Might also depend on passthrough settings probably and which part does the decoding (Kodi or the AVR). Will have a look at this myself.

Glad it works for you now Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
comskip issue0