• 74(current)
Release Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)
(2020-08-13, 18:42)jogal Wrote: EDIT: Anyway downloaded sample and is working fine here (I already had it anyway)

Great! Thanks for that. At least I know it must be my setup. Let’s see what the memory does.
Hello all
is it me or others also when having dual screen there is an issue that cause black screen flickering when fulscreen second monitor or minimize a tab or close somthing it goes black than normal again dont know if  it should mark as bug or not or disable something
(2020-08-13, 19:41)Goofus1 Wrote: Hello all
is it me or others also when having dual screen there is an issue that cause black screen flickering when fulscreen second monitor or minimize a tab or close somthing it goes black than normal again dont know if  it should mark as bug or not or disable something

I'm assuming you're using Windows 10 2004 (May 2020 Update), there were issues with flickering using that version. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-kb4568831 download that Windows update and it should resolve the flickering issue.
(2020-08-13, 20:08)yeahme49 Wrote:

I'm assuming you're using Windows 10 2004 (May 2020 Update), there were issues with flickering using that version. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-kb4568831 download that Windows update and it should resolve the flickering issue.
He thanks for the comment but its not going darker but this happens so i have other screen kodi on 

https://streamable.com/mkjyc8
ps i have latest update it message me that the update already installed

gtx nvidia 1080ti
all latest drivers and updates
(2020-08-13, 20:24)Goofus1 Wrote:
(2020-08-13, 20:08)yeahme49 Wrote:

He thanks for the comment but its not going darker but this happens so i have other screen kodi on 

https://streamable.com/mkjyc8
so found out there was another update released today or yesterday that fixed mine issue after checking refresh update check
(2020-08-13, 18:42)jogal Wrote: As reference this is memory I have:
https://www.kingston.com/dataSheets/HX424S14IBK2_8.pdf
You're the man! I now have the same memory as you and it now plays perfectly. FPS stays at 59.5 / 60.5. No skips, no drops. Also visually the movie is looking smooth.

What a difference a tiny improvement in nanoseconds can make! And a bit stupid that I forgot to take the CL in to account when picking my memory. This set was even a few bucks cheaper then the original pick. [emoji2357]

Thanks a lot for your support and for the work you do on improving Kodi on windows!
Great work guys
I did a clean install using the nightly from the previous night.
HDR functionality seems to be working great on my setup, with No stuttering, smooth playback.
Only issue so far is dark images on HDR, but overall picture quality is way, way better than before on Kodi 18.8)

The dark images is resolved by changing brightness and contrast level within Kodi.
But needs to be addressed using Nvidia control panel, or on the Samsung TV itself.

I updated to the latest NVIDIA, studio version of 451.77, clean install but control panel will not open.
After i uninstalled, removed all NVIDIA folders from Program Files, Program Files (x86), and ProgramData, reboot the PC, and did a new clean install of 451.77 - wit the same results.

Latest version of Windows 10 - 6Gig
Nvidia driver: 451.77
Nvidia: GeForce GTX 1060 6Gig
The error message has to do with nvcplui.exe the parameter is incorrect.
I'm not sure how to resolve this.
I appreciate any help that I can get on this.
Thanks for this great gift and thanks for any replies on this Nvidia issue.
In case I'm not alone with this error message (nvcplui.exe the parameter is incorrect). I found a solution to my NVIDIA Control panel issue -
Resolved after installing NVIDIA Driver version 451.85 driver patch mentioned somewhere on the internet (may also have been mentioned on this thread)
Now I can launch control panel and make the required changes as per the 1st post.
(2020-07-28, 18:41)jogal Wrote: New NVIDIA driver 451.85

Although it has fixes for specific games it also has general improvements that can go well with Kodi. 

This Hotfix driver resolves the following issues:
  • [Shadow of the Tomb Raider][DirectX 12]: The game may crash when launched with Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling enabled.
  • [Death Stranding]: Texture corruption may be observed during gameplay on GeForce GTX 16/RTX 20 series GPUs
  • NVIDIA Control Panel does not display the native resolution of some HDTVs with invalid timings
  • Some games may exhibit random freezes that lasts for a few seconds during gameplay.
  • Some displays may show a green tint when Windows Night Light is enabled
  • [Forza Motorsport 7]: Game starts to stutter after racing a few laps
  • [G-Sync Compatible] Adds support for the Samsung 27" Odyssey G7 gaming monitor

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/gef...nload.html

I knew I saw this driver mentioned in the thread, but just could not find it LoL.
This driver did resolve my control panel error message, and now I am able to launch it and make changes
Thanks a lot for your hard work Jogal and everyone else involved - and please keep up the good work.
Hi all

So Kodi seems to be working and switching to HDR when I play a HDR movie. I just want to make sure my settings are all as they should be for my setup.

So my tv is an 8bit+FRC 4K panel.

The content I’m playing is at -
2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits

I have my Nvidia control panel settings on RGB, Full, 8bit, 30Hz - 10 and 12 bit aren’t selectable in the dropdown

It’s a 1660 Super GPU with the Game Ready Drivers installed and I’ve used all the recommended settings in Kodi that are supplied at the start of this thread.

I’m not sure if my eyes were tired, but I wasn’t blown away when watching a Star Wars remux in 4K HDR, not as much as the first time I watched a 1080p Bluray. So I just want to be sure all the settings I have are optimal for my setup or if it’s just my TV that isn’t that great.

On the PS4 with Warzone e.g. when I check the tv display info it says 12bit HDR even though the panel isn’t 12bit, is it downsampling or something? That’s why I was wondering if I should be getting 10 or 12bit on the PC as well and whether it would make a difference.

Apologies if I sound uninformed, I’m new to all this 4K HDR color space and depth jazz.
(2020-08-20, 10:16)Sweiss_ Wrote: Hi all

So Kodi seems to be working and switching to HDR when I play a HDR movie. I just want to make sure my settings are all as they should be for my setup.

I have my Nvidia control panel settings on RGB, Full, 8bit, 30Hz - 10 and 12 bit aren’t selectable in the dropdown

It’s a 1660 Super GPU with the Game Ready Drivers installed and I’ve used all the recommended settings in Kodi that are supplied at the start of this thread.

I’m not sure if my eyes were tired, but I wasn’t blown away when watching a Star Wars remux in 4K HDR, not as much as the first time I watched a 1080p Bluray. So I just want to be sure all the settings I have are optimal for my setup or if it’s just my TV that isn’t that great.

On the PS4 with Warzone e.g. when I check the tv display info it says 12bit HDR even though the panel isn’t 12bit, is it downsampling or something? That’s why I was wondering if I should be getting 10 or 12bit on the PC as well and whether it would make a difference.

Apologies if I sound uninformed, I’m new to all this 4K HDR color space and depth jazz.
Try another movie, Star Wars HDR (Disney) is known to be pretty shit. HDR is hit and miss with some titles. Maybe try a https://4kmedia.org/ sample.
(2020-08-20, 13:03)snyft Wrote:

Try another movie, Star Wars HDR (Disney) is known to be pretty shit. HDR is hit and miss with some titles. Maybe try a https://4kmedia.org/ sample.
Thanks a bunch! Tried out a few demos from that site and the quality is amazing! Especially the one Samsung demo I watched was gorgeous and made me feel how I thought seeing the movie in 4k would. Kind of a bummer that Star Wars had to be less than spectacular.
(2020-08-20, 15:43)Sweiss_ Wrote:
(2020-08-20, 13:03)snyft Wrote:

Thanks a bunch! Tried out a few demos from that site and the quality is amazing! Especially the one Samsung demo I watched was gorgeous and made me feel how I thought seeing the movie in 4k would. Kind of a bummer that Star Wars had to be less than spectacular.

Glad it was not your equipment. Yes it sucks but there most likely will be improvements in the future. I think hdr is relatively new and in some time it will be much better in older and newer titles, definitely newer anyway.
Blurays come to mind, I think early releases used shitty codecs/encoding then x264/h264 were introduced and now they look great.
Got some issues with jerky/lagging movement during 4k hdr. It happens sporadically with no frame drops or skipping. I have no idea what it can be.
Using latest nightly
Debug: https://paste.kodi.tv/uhokidabon.kodi

Edit: Think i found the issue. I got Spline36 Optimized as default video scaling. It shows as off on HDR movies but i made auto default on all and it seems to have fixed it.
The cpu was always at 17% though. Adding GPU usage in overlay would be a good thing in the future.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Matrix 19.0 HDR Windows API (merged)2