Migrating a Jarvis skin to Leia
Moved to 'Skinning' as you'll probably get more help there as this relates to skin coding.
I just read the first two pages, but what skin are you talking about at all? Maybe you should upload the skin to e.g. github, so that everyone can have a look at it.
Thanks for taking the time to read up on all my issues. It's a skin I've been customizing for some time with personal touches. It's not designed for public use as I'm not a pro skinner and don't have the desire to make it customizable for different users. It works for my installations with some system specific coding for various menus entries. It is based on an older Aeon skin, from Kodi 15 I think, but morphed considerably since then.

I've worked out almost all the kinks in migrating it from Jarvis/Krypton over to Leia. This seasons poster issue always seemed like something I needed to look into but didn't have the time previously. I can get season 0 posters to work with another poster variable I have but that causes a transitional glitch between screens I'd rather not have. Just seems odd that the code I do have worked fine before but now the engine isn't figuring out the season 0 artwork when looking at the listitem. 

The variable is this.

Code:
    <variable name="ListPosterVar">
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode) + !Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Season,9)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season0,-poster.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode) + Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Season,9)">$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.Season,../season,-poster.jpg]</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Episode)">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</value>
    </variable>

And the working image just calls
Code:
$INFO[Container.Art(season.poster)]

So not sure why the former doesn't work but the later gets it. I'll keep digging.
In situations like this I tend to stick a label control somewhere so I can check the results that Kodi gets.

So in your case add a label with $VAR[ListPosterVar] somewhere to see what is being returned.
Figured it out. Used this string in my variable to get season 0 posters to work in this view.

Code:
<value condition="Integer.IsGreater(VideoPlayer.Season,0) + !Integer.IsGreater(VideoPlayer.Season,9)">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]$INFO[VideoPlayer.Season,../season0,-poster.jpg]</value>

Thanks for everyone who took a look. Got almost all kinks out now!
I'm going to ask this question here in my skin thread as I'm not exactly certain where else it might properly go.

If there a place to learn more about, at least from an advanced user but not programmer standpoint, how Kodi functions? Specifically I'm curious how and when Kodi will re-read files from media storage locations after scraping? I know Kodi tends to look back at the actual storage locations for file naming conventions and artwork. Uncertain if there are any other inquiries. Also, why does Kodi do this rather than pull from the scraped library information and artwork cache? Is it possible to stop Kodi from doing these queries unless a specific scraped entry is user refreshed?

Thanks for any info anyone who pops in here might be able to offer!
(2019-04-27, 02:56)K0D1User1138 Wrote: For a test I used the Episode view from the Aeon Nox Silvo skin that I'm using for comparrisson and put it into my skin. The only code I changed was the name of the view to get it recognized in my skin. The same issue with currently playing TV Show episodes and numbers happens. Yet while using the same file in it's original skin there is no issue. And the skin is looking for different item inormation than mine, I use name and episode number and ANS used 

View_Episode.xml

Other viewtypes don't have this issue, only Episode. Maybe there's some underlaying code someplace I'm not understanding but shouldn't the list items just be pulled from the list regardless of there being anything in the player?

Bumping my old thread because I still having issues trying to resolve this problem. I can't figure out why the playing entry causes the title and show number to disappear from the episodes list. Checking out other skins like Aeon Nox Silvo and they do work within those skins but testing their episodes view xml in my modded skin still doesn't. When playing a TV show episode what is trying to be called for the currently playing episode title and number? I am missing something somewhere but my code and the skins I've tested are all more-or-less the same when it comes to these list contents.

Any ideas?
perhaps that 'light-blue' color isn't defined in your color/defaults.xml file?
when a listitem is playing, kodi will use the <selectedcolor> from the label control.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-10-22, 13:50)ronie Wrote: perhaps that 'light-blue' color isn't defined in your color/defaults.xml file?
when a listitem is playing, kodi will use the <selectedcolor> from the label control.

I have a blue color in my color/defaults.xml. I tried changing it to another value but that didn't affect anything. The label itself is virtually the same in my episodes.xml as the testing skins like Aeon Nox Silvo. I don't see anything that calls for a different color for the now playing entry. Unless I am missing where it should be within the XML?

I am kind of wondering if the text "is" visible but it's behind the playing video the way the fanart is still there but it's behind the playing video but can been seen when viewing a 4:3 video and bring up the episodes menu. I'll test that by moving the text. - Nope, never mind.
Upload code for this view...

Focused item in list have issue in your code, same is for top tv show+ episode name (missing too).
Color or font is wrong-missing...or includes
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Here is the code for my episodes view.

View_Episode.xml

This is the episode view from Aeon Nox Silvo that I'm using for testing. Only change I've made is to the include name so it works in my skin. The same issue of no episode title and number for the currently playing episode. Can't discover any mention of now playing color but I could be missing something not super obvious.

ANS View_Episode.xml

Thanks to all who take a look.
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(alternatelayoutepisode)</visible>
This condition hide your Label....
Remove and your text box label will be visible on focus...
Also you have missing list item "premiered" over thumb....variable need to add or change
$VAR[VideoListLabel2Var]
In to
$INFO(List item.Premiered)
I am also still trying to figure out if it's possible to use media tags (scraped when located within the NFO) to initialize icons on the MyVideoNav.xml

This string works in DialogeVideoInfo.xml but won't work on the "upper" menus.

<visible>String.Contains(ListItem.tag,Oscar Best Picture)</visible>

I can't figure out how to call up an icon from a tag of a ListItem. It's puzzled me for a long time and I've had to use file naming conventions through variables to achieve the effect I want when I could clean up file names and have all the required info pulls directly from the NFO. I'm probably missing some method of how the skinning engine functions but I've not been able to research it on my own.
(2020-10-23, 10:02)Angelinas Wrote:
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(alternatelayoutepisode)</visible>
This condition hide your Label....
Remove and your text box label will be visible on focus...
Also you have missing list item "premiered" over thumb....variable need to add or change
$VAR[VideoListLabel2Var]
In to
$INFO(List item.Premiered)
I think you pulled both those lines from the Episode View file from the Aeon Nox Silvo skin which I posted as my test. Neither are in my View_Episode.xml

I do appreciate you taking a look.
(2020-10-23, 10:09)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I think you pulled both those lines from the Episode View file from the Aeon Nox Silvo skin which I posted as my test. Neither are in my View_Episode.xml

I do appreciate you taking a look.
Oki Doki Smile I watch wrong code..
This is real mess in your includes....First need to see what I change just in fixedlist...then you need to fix step by step...
keep it simple, no need to set condition in all parts if you use this view only for episode.Some brackets missing, use label insted of title....

Can't see your font or color in skin.
I change in code same label as I see on your image what label is showing text (I suppose
<font>Font_Reg33_Caps</font> is working )
owerwrite your fixed list just to see is this working for you, after you add cosmetics Smile
Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="502">
                <viewtype label="Episode">list</viewtype>
                <left>500</left>
                <top>60</top>
                <width>1920</width>
                <height>980</height>
                <orientation>vertical</orientation>
                <movement>3</movement>
                <focusposition>4</focusposition>
                <onleft>SetProperty(MediaMenu,True,home)</onleft>
                <onleft>SetFocus(9050)</onleft>
                <onright>60</onright>
                <onup>502</onup>
                <ondown>502</ondown>
                <preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
                <pagecontrol>61</pagecontrol>
                <scrolltime tween="quadratic" easing="out">200</scrolltime>
                <visible>Container.Content(episodes)</visible>
                <animation effect="slide" end="0,0" time="160" condition="Container(502).Row(0)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="0,0" time="160" condition="Container(502).Row(1)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="0,0" time="160" condition="Container(502).Row(2)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="0,0" time="160" condition="Container(502).Row(3)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="0,0" time="160" condition="Container(502).Row(4)">Conditional</animation>
                <animation effect="slide" end="0,0" time="160" condition="Container(502).Row(5)">Conditional</animation>
                <itemlayout height="90" width="950">
                    <!--  Episode Title -->
                    <control type="label">
                        <left>380</left>
                        <top>25</top>
                        <width>900</width>
                        <height>45</height>
                        <align>right</align>
                        <aligny>bottom</aligny>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                        <font>Font_Reg33_Caps</font>
                        <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                    </control>
                </itemlayout>                
                <!--  Focused Item Layout -->
                <focusedlayout width="950" height="246">
                    <!--  Episode Thumb -->
                    <control type="image">
                        <left>901</left>
                        <top>11</top>
                        <width>396</width>
                        <height>226</height>
                        <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
                        <texture background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Thumb]</texture>
                        <bordertexture border="9">thumbs/multiplex_tvborder.png</bordertexture>
                        <bordersize>9</bordersize>
                    </control>
                    <!--  Watched Icon -->
                    <control type="image">
                        <left>1345</left>
                        <top>80</top>
                        <width>55</width>
                        <height>55</height>
                        <texture>$VAR[WatchedEpisodeIconVar]</texture>
                        <colordiffuse>white</colordiffuse>
                    </control>            
                    <!--  Episode List -->                        
                    <control type="group">
                        <left>50</left>
                        <animation type="Conditional" reversible="false" condition="Control.HasFocus(514) + [!Container(514).OnNext + !Container(514).OnPrevious]">
                            <effect type="fade" end="100" time="160" />
                        </animation>
                        <!--  Episode Title -->
                        <control type="label">
                            <left>213</left>
                            <top>22</top>
                            <width>625</width>
                            <align>right</align>
                            <aligny>bottom</aligny>
                            <label>$INFO[ListItem.Title]</label>
                            <scrollspeed>40</scrollspeed>
                            <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>
                        </control>
                        <!--  Original Air date -->
                        <control type="label">
                            <left>213</left>
                            <top>52</top>
                            <width>625</width>
                            <height>90</height>
                            <align>right</align>
                            <aligny>bottom</aligny>
                            <label>Original Air Date $INFO[ListItem.Date]$INFO[ListItem.Rating, • ]</label>
                            <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Title) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Date)</visible>
                        </control>
                        <!--  Plot -->
                        <control type="textbox">
                            <left>299</left>
                            <top>107</top>
                            <width>540</width>
                            <height>97</height>
                            <align>justify</align>
                            <font>Font_Reg30_2</font>
                            <info>ListItem.Plot</info>
                            <autoscroll time="1000" delay="6000" repeat="6000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
                        </control>
                    </control>
                </focusedlayout>
            </control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Migrating a Jarvis skin to Leia0