Inactive Menu Items
Hello,
I'm trying to understand why some menu items are inactive. For example in the Quit menu only Quit is available and the other options are inactive. Similarly some of the View Menus have inactive options. Is this the skinner's decision or is it due to a setting choice that I have made elsewhere? Any clarification will be gratefully received. Thank you
Hi cliveo,

Kodi decides what function is available in a particular context. The skinner decides what to do with that information; hide an unavailable option or show it as disabled.

The quit menu code queries a set of kodi booleans to determine if your operating environment allows reboot, hibernate, suspend, etc. If quit is your only option… it’s because kodi determined that to be the case.

A similar dynamic plays out elsewhere. Prior to skin version 5.4.10, quartz pervasively showed disabled options in menus and button bars. I’m working to hide stuff when unavailable. The work is ongoing…

Hope that helped and welcome to the quartz sub-forum.
(2020-11-29, 14:40)nonJon Wrote: Hi cliveo,

Kodi decides what function is available in a particular context. The skinner decides what to do with that information; hide an unavailable option or show it as disabled.

The quit menu code queries a set of kodi booleans to determine if your operating environment allows reboot, hibernate, suspend, etc. If quit is your only option… it’s because kodi determined that to be the case.

A similar dynamic plays out elsewhere. Prior to skin version 5.4.10, quartz pervasively showed disabled options in menus and button bars. I’m working to hide stuff when unavailable. The work is ongoing…

Hope that helped and welcome to the quartz sub-forum.

Hello nonJon, Thanks for that info. Certainly clarifies the situation. Appreciate your work. Quartz is my favorite skin. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inactive Menu Items0