• 12(current)
Release Best of NHK
Well, if you are on all the time than maybe I can't get in Rofl
I don't know what's was there, later on the day it worked fine. We are also quarantined,
I think you can remove the YT section as it became not practical for average Joe to set the YT plugin API to work.

No VOD today, 26.3
Just updated to 1.0.59a and am able to watch streams again.  Thanks Misty!!

P.S. I am on Kodi 18.3 Windows 10 Pro X64.
I had to clear and reinstall K18.5 to get VOD work again.
@asik1: Sorry I couldn't help you, but glad you got everything working again.

@ClippyBeer: Cool, please enjoy!
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Best of NHK add-on is now ready for Kodi 19 (Matrix). Kodi 19 is only available as nightly releases and will contain bugs and should not be considered stable.
When you're ready to play with Kodi 19, Best of NHK add-on will be waiting for you.

Install via misty's k19-addons repository <-- Kodi19

Best of NHK Ver. 3.0.01

Kodi 19.x is the minimum version for this add-on.
Best of NHK add-on is now compatible with Kodi 19

Enjoy!
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Misty, you are a bit unclear, should I stop auto update for the addon as I'm still with 18.5?
asik1,

Don't do anything. Kodi 15 to 18 is using Best of NHK add-on coded for python 2. I have separate repo for python 2 version and will update as normal if I make changes or fix things.

With Kodi 19 (python 3) on the (near or far?) horizon, I decided to update Best of NHK for it. I have new k19-addons repo in link provided before and on first page of this forum thread just for Kodi 19. I decided to release Best of NHK for Kodi 19 (python 3) version for A.) people who are already playing with Kodi 19 nightly builds and B.) to be ahead of Kodi 19 stable release when it comes (not sure when).

So no worries. continue to enjoy Best of NHK for Kodi 15 to 18 and when Kodi 19 is released install the updated version of Best of NHK from misty's k19-addons repo.

If your hardware / OS is restricted to Kodi 18 or below then just continue using Best of NHK add-on you already have installed, it will update automatically if I make changes or fix things.

misty
Hi Misty, I noticed that there is no SEARCH in the VOD section.
Few days ago I wonted to view something I knew is on but I didn't find it in the sector I thought it should. 
All I remember was "mountaintop..."
So I went to the NHK App, and there there is SEARCH and I found and watched the documentary.
Can you add that feature?
Thanks, Asik
(2020-07-20, 07:28)asik1 Wrote: Hi Misty, I noticed that there is no SEARCH in the VOD section.
Few days ago I wonted to view something I knew is on but I didn't find it in the sector I thought it should. 
All I remember was "mountaintop..."
So I went to the NHK App, and there there is SEARCH and I found and watched the documentary.
Can you add that feature?
Thanks, Asik
Hi asik,

That is something I could probably add, but I have been using Kodi's own built in search function which is very quick.

You go to VOD section, then select top listing "On Demand Full Listing", it should load all VOD titles. Then move your cursor or use arrow on keyboard to the left edge of screen and menu opens, select "Search" and type in your search... "mountaintop" for example.

Kodi does immediate search and found "Mountaintop Spiritsongs: The Unknown History of the Miao".

Kodi search is also helpful to sort by a program name. As before load full VOD listing, then search "Core Kyoto". It will find all listing (71) of Core Kyoto.

Hope that is useful.
Oh... thank you, I will try it.

**It's Filter not Search.
Updated Best of NHK (v3.0.02) for Kodi 19.

Fix: Deprecation issues

Install via misty's k19-addons repository <-- Kodi19
Updates for NHK streams

https://nhkwlive-xjp.akamaized.net/hls/l...ex_1M.m3u8

https://nhkwlive-xjp.akamaized.net/hls/l...ex_2M.m3u8
Hi.

I noticed that the JIB TV time slots aren't included in the stream in this addon.

That is, when there is a JIB TV program on the official NHK World Web Site, there is a filler (a half hour of videos of famous sites in Japan with music in the background - always the same thing) in the stream shown by the addon.

Is this something done by the plugin? If not, perhaps consider alternative streams?
This addon is just a shell of the NHK website and app, so if JIB isn't streamed live than maybe because it has no internet rights.
(2021-02-20, 10:23)asik1 Wrote: This addon is just a shell of the NHK website and app, so if JIB isn't streamed live than maybe because it has no internet rights.

Well, the NHK website shows the JIB program, but the addon shows the filler at the same time, so no, it's not a shell of the web site. It's streaming a different stream.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best of NHK1