• 36(current)
Release TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
Well, actually tmdb returns those episode titles via the API, so this is beyond the control of Kodi or the scraper.
(2020-12-16, 22:35)olympia Wrote: Well, actually tmdb returns those episode titles via the API, so this is beyond the control of Kodi or the scraper.
Regarding the episode titles I already sent them this question to their support via their site,
why in their site they show the English callback but in the scraper it returns another fallback of the selected langauge.
But I haven't got any response yet.
How do you make a contact with them usually?

And what about the difference between running the scraper with/without the Episodes details option?
Why am I getting different seasons titles language when I'm choosing 'with' or 'without'?
What could be the reason?

I mean to this dialog:
When I choose 'No' the seasons titles are in my selected language "עונה 1, עונה 2 ..." (In Hebrew for example)
But when I choose 'Yes' the seasons titles are in English "Season 1, Season 2 ...."
(2020-12-17, 12:05)burekas Wrote: why in their site they show the English callback but in the scraper it returns another fallback of the selected langauge.

because via their API they return Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode X on the selected language if there is no translation available. 

You second issue, i didn't investigate. As I said I need an example in a readable language.
(2020-12-17, 12:28)olympia Wrote:
(2020-12-17, 12:05)burekas Wrote: why in their site they show the English callback but in the scraper it returns another fallback of the selected langauge.

because via their API they return Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode X on the selected language if there is no translation available. 

You second issue, i didn't investigate. As I said I need an example in a readable language.

Ok, I will try again to make a contack with them.

Regarding the second issue, which language will be readable for you except english?
(2020-12-17, 12:53)burekas Wrote: Regarding the second issue, which language will be readable for you except english?

Any language with Latin letters. I can read characters, but not signs.

BTW - have you tried the python scraper yet? Does it have the same issues? (Well, I guess the episode title issue for sure, because I don't see a way to workaround that, but the other one with the season title?)
(2020-12-17, 13:03)olympia Wrote:
(2020-12-17, 12:53)burekas Wrote: Regarding the second issue, which language will be readable for you except english?

Any language with Latin letters. I can read characters, but not signs.

BTW - have you tried the python scraper yet? Does it have the same issues? (Well, I guess the episode title issue for sure, because I don't see a way to workaround that, but the other one with the season title?)

Regarding the Seasons titles:
So I tried with Poland langauge (pl-PL)

For example with Westworld:
https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/tv?a...pl,en,null

When selecting "Yes" in the dialog (Confirm to refresh information for all episodes) I get the titles in English:

When selecting "No" in the dialog I get the titles in Poland:

So currently in order to get both Episode Title + Ploat in addition to Season titles in the selected language it requires me to run it twice, first with "Refresh with all episodes" and second without, instead of run it once.
As I understand, the purpose of selecting "No" is when you only need to refresh the main TV Show info without the Seasons+Episodes.

* Regarding the python version, I have problems with using it so it's not an option for me at this moment so I can't check it there.
This does not happening to me on a clean Kodi 18 test profile. Whatever I do, I get Sezon x as season title.
(2020-12-17, 12:28)olympia Wrote: because via their API they return Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode X on the selected language if there is no translation available. 

It is confirmed, that this is TMDB API problem Sad https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5fdb3c63...003dc7d915
I hope they will find time to implement fallback to fix this.
I am using Titan Bingie Mod and i have some shows that use the Season titles rather than the numbers and by doing this it places the seasons out of order, if it was in the correct order it wouldnt be an issue for me but it is. Can you consider adding an option to just use regular season numbers rather than season titles when scraping and adding metadata for TV shows?
@mathu204

I still need the version numbers. Give me a Debug Log that captures an Update Library and I can grab all the info I need.

But I must say that I have never seen this issue of out of order seasons.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Actually I think I would have posted my request better in this thread here, I don't know...
instead I opened a new thread:

Please Add Metacritic...
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=359331
(2020-12-17, 14:19)olympia Wrote: This does not happening to me on a clean Kodi 18 test profile. Whatever I do, I get Sezon x as season title.

1) This is strange.
I check that also in the database, the Season title is presented different depends on the option that selected in the "Scrape Episodes" dialog.
Currently I need first to scrape with episode details and then without to fix the season titles.

2) Regarding the fallbacks, as it is mentioned above there is API request in TMDB.
I will update when it will be implemented on their API, so we will need to add a support for it also in the addon.

3) And back to my feature suggestion of images language option.
When can I make a PR in github so you can see my changes and check them?
I would glad if it will be in the official addon.

Thanks.
Hi, I have searched in this thread, but I did not find anything. It is possible to submit a vote like we do with Trakt? That would save me lot of time Smile
Anyway happy new year and thanks for the addon!
(2021-01-05, 20:11)denix Wrote: It is possible to submit a vote like we do with Trakt?
No, the scrapers work in one direction only- they download data, they do not upload anything. It is the same for all the Kodi scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Does this scraper support url-only NFO files, with urls from themoviedb.org?
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)2