• 39(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-01-27, 16:40)Hardax Wrote: @Lunatixz I realize this probably goes beyond helping with just getting Pseudo TV working but I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to use the IPTV Manager? Ive installed it and under its setting told it to reconfigure Simple IPTV to use IPTV Manager but now my guide is empty.

What I want to be able to do is have the customer channels I set up in Psudo TV for some local file content and also integrate the channels from the Discovery+ add-on. 

IPTV Manager has very little options and no where I see to be able to select which add-ons it uses?

Any guidance would be really helpful.

Thanks
You DO NOT configure IPTV Manager, it's a passive utility. If you are using IPTV Manager as a standalone plugin you select it to configure IPTV Simple; if you are using PseudoTV Live you select PseudoTV Live to configure IPTV Simple. It's one or the other...

ie, You're using IPTV Manager alone or You're using PseudoTV Live which can integrate with IPTV Manager via the import function. 

If you want to use PseudoTV Lives import function, you can either directly import any Third-Party m3u/xmltv pair, or if the plugin supports PseudoTV Live you'll be prompted to add the channel to the recommended list. Then you select the channel from the "Recommend" drop-down list.

Hope this helps clear things up. =)
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2021-01-27, 18:57)Dumyat Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 17:54)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 17:10)Dumyat Wrote:  
I am able to add Discovery+ content directly from within PseudoTV by going to Video Add-ons as a source and selecting a show but this has nothing to do with the IPTV Manager correct?

Im also not seeing anything related to "live channels" within the Discovery+ add-on?
Most of my PseudoTv Live channels are made up of local playlists. The only ones that are not, are the Discovery+ channels, which I created a M3U file and imported that into PTVL.

I haven't actually tried using IPTV Manager with PseudoTV Live as yet. I only heard about the addon a couple of days ago, so just gave it try to import stuff into the IPTV Simple client and not PseudoTv Live. @Lunatixz is probably the best person to give a better explanation/info on how IPTV Manager integrates fully with PseudoTV Live.

There is no 'Live Channel' section on the Discovery+ addon (certainly for my location). If I go to 'Channels' from the front page heading at the top of each channel page is the heading 'Watch....', ie 'Watch Discovery'. That's how I was add each live channel to Kodi's main favourites.

Discovery+ developer here. Addon uses websites tv-guide section to pass live channels and epg to IPTV Manager. Channels in addon's channel category is what you see when going to channels page in website. Live channels aren't available in US.
Edit. US channels are now supported but because US doesn't have tv-guide section there's no EPG data available.
(2021-01-27, 16:53)Dumyat Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 00:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 00:10)Dumyat Wrote:  
When using PseudoTV Live, IPTV simple logos are only detected if they are in pseudotv.m3u. If you are importing a third-party m3u logos must be included in that m3u list which is imported to pseudotv.m3u. PseudoTV Lives logo folder is only used for channels created by PseudoTV... "Pre-defined", "User-defined".

As for what you described, the only issue I can think of is the PVR background is refreshing which will cause meta widgets to blank out while they refresh... this is normal. PseudoTV Live will only force the PVR to rebuild when there is no playback... this is performed hourly or if you recently made changes to Pseudos settings.
Yes, after seeing that the channels logo's were not being added from the logo folder, I edited the 'tvg-logo' tag on my own m3u to point to a local folder in 'My Documents'. This path has been picked up and added to PseudoTV Live's m3u file when it has imported these custom channels from my own m3u file. 
The problem is each time I start Kodi, the default settings for channel logos in the IPTV client are 'Local path' which is pointing to PseudoTV Live's logo folder. Underneath this, it has a heading for XMLTV Logo Options and by default this is set to 'Prefer M3U', so should pick up the logo path from the PseudoTV Live's m3u file, but it doesn't....Not until you change the first option 'Local Path' to 'Remote Path (Internet Address). Once this is done, channel logo's will appear. However, when you start Kodi the next time, the settings in the IPTV client have reverted back to 'Local Path'.

As for the other issue, I've created a couple of video captures of what I'm seeing when I start Kodi. The first clip shows what happens if I just scroll down to the live TV heading and wait. The 2nd clips shows what happens if I go directly to the TV Channel screen and wait there:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzY-b3YYP_A 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0D8DqruiB0

Like I said, I'm not sure if this is a Kodi issue or PseudoTV Live issue, but I can confirm the problem does go away if I completely uninstall PseudoTV Live.
The problem also went away last night when I upgraded to the latest version (j), but found that trying to create the first half a dozen channels was extremely slow going and taking well over a minute per channel to create. Then PseudoTV Live suddenly speeded up to normal and was able to create my remaining channels in the normal time frame, so I'm not sure if PseudoTV Live was still processing information when creating the first few channels? Unfortunately, once all the channels were created PseudoTV Live was very slow at opening and switching between channels (like over a minute). I wasn't really able to continue with this version, so went back to version (h) and channel openings and switches were fine, but got same issue in the video clips returned.

I did create another log, but when I tried to upload this via Pastebin, I got the same error as before about inappropriate or offensive material and it would only offer me a private paste for my log. A quick google search of this pastebin notification will tell you lots of people on Reddit complaining about the same thing, so at least I'm not unique in that respect. I can send you the log by email if that's any good?
Let me know.
Cheers
IPTV simples settings are Logo path local or remote, and then a preferred logo selection M3U or XMLTV. The default configuration from PseudoTV Live is configured to M3U and local folders... not one or the other...
Quote:I wasn't really able to continue with this version, so went back to version (h) and channel openings and switches were fine, but got same issue in the video clips returned.
I'm sorry to hear channels take a few seconds longer... however, I don't see how reverting back to an old state fixes this in future builds....
As I am not shy to mention... if you are NOT running the latest version, you will NOT find support from me! This project does not improve with users running old code, it becomes stale, and bugs can migrate from build to build.
(2021-01-27, 19:20)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 16:40)Hardax Wrote: @Lunatixz I realize this probably goes beyond helping with just getting Pseudo TV working but I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to use the IPTV Manager? Ive installed it and under its setting told it to reconfigure Simple IPTV to use IPTV Manager but now my guide is empty.

What I want to be able to do is have the customer channels I set up in Psudo TV for some local file content and also integrate the channels from the Discovery+ add-on. 

IPTV Manager has very little options and no where I see to be able to select which add-ons it uses?

Thanks
You DO NOT configure IPTV Manager, it's a passive utility. If you are using IPTV Manager as a standalone plugin you select it to configure IPTV Simple; if you are using PseudoTV Live you select PseudoTV Live to configure IPTV Simple. It's one or the other...

ie, You're using IPTV Manager alone or You're using PseudoTV Live which can integrate with IPTV Manager via the import function. 

If you want to use PseudoTV Lives import function, you can either directly import any Third-Party m3u/xmltv pair, or if the plugin supports PseudoTV Live you'll be prompted to add the channel to the recommended list. Then you select the channel from the "Recommend" drop-down list.

Makes perfect sense thanks. One other question. I’m not seeing this recommend list or drop down you mention?
(2021-01-27, 23:36)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 19:20)Lunatixz Wrote:

Thanks

Makes perfect sense thanks. One other question. I’m not seeing this recommend list or drop down you mention?

Odd, should be in settings under predefined and after PseudoTV Live startup scan is finished, if it's not visible... usually means the list is empty. If by mistake you blacklisted the services, check if you see an option to clear the blacklist.

If still no good, try a clean start... and reboot Kodi. Be sure to select "Yes" when prompted to add recommended service.
(2021-01-27, 19:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 16:53)Dumyat Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 00:50)Lunatixz Wrote:  
I'm sorry to hear channels take a few seconds longer... however, I don't see how reverting back to an old state fixes this in future builds....
As I am not shy to mention... if you are NOT running the latest version, you will NOT find support from me! This project does not improve with users running old code, it becomes stale, and bugs can migrate from build to build.
Oh co'mon, really? Channels on the previous build opened and switched more or less instantly.....not taking over a minute to do either. I personally consider that to be far more than taking a few seconds longer, but clearly I'm completely wrong in that assessment.
Yes, I get it and completely understand that you don't want users running old code, but I never once suggested that I intended to stay on this previous build forever more. This was very much a short term solution in the interim, until I had the chance to try this latest build again. I've always kept up with the current builds and being a long term contributor on this thread you will of course know that already. I thought you wanted to receive user feedback, good or bad, but it seems I was clearly wrong yet again in making such an assumption.
(2021-01-27, 23:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 23:36)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 19:20)Lunatixz Wrote: You DO NOT configure IPTV Manager, it's a passive utility. If you are using IPTV Manager as a standalone plugin you select it to configure IPTV Simple; if you are using PseudoTV Live you select PseudoTV Live to configure IPTV Simple. It's one or the other...

Odd, should be in settings under predefined and after PseudoTV Live startup scan is finished, if it's not visible... usually means the list is empty. If by mistake you blacklisted the services, check if you see an option to clear the blacklist.

If still no good, try a clean start... and reboot Kodi. Be sure to select "Yes" when prompted to add recommended service.
Im doing all of this on a test computer so when things don't work out well I actually restart with a fresh install of Kodi so there shouldn't be any carry over from an old install. I don't have never seen any sort of prompt to add recommended service??
(2021-01-28, 16:20)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 23:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 23:36)Hardax Wrote:  Makes perfect sense thanks. One other question. I’m not seeing this recommend list or drop down you mention?

Im doing all of this on a test computer so when things don't work out well I actually restart with a fresh install of Kodi so there shouldn't be any carry over from an old install. I don't have never seen any sort of prompt to add recommended service??

Odd, please send me a log... if you have a plugin that supports PseudoTV Live installed... (PlutoTV) PseudoTV Live will detect and prompt you to add it to the recommended list.
(2021-01-28, 20:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-28, 16:20)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-27, 23:51)Lunatixz Wrote: Odd, should be in settings under predefined and after PseudoTV Live startup scan is finished, if it's not visible... usually means the list is empty. If by mistake you blacklisted the services, check if you see an option to clear the blacklist.

Odd, please send me a log... if you have a plugin that supports PseudoTV Live installed... (PlutoTV) PseudoTV Live will detect and prompt you to add it to the recommended list.
Logs:
https://paste.kodi.tv/yugihehuva.kodi

I did the start over routine from the plugin. Note that even after a clean Kodi install yesterday the ability to go into the custom channel setup is still grayed out for me. If I select the context menu on the plug in and go to Information and then Configure I can get access to it though.

For this log I did not let the plug in do an auto tune. Even when I said yes it would not pick up the Discovery+ add-on. I also have Netflix installed on this test setup which I believe is supported as well?
(2021-01-28, 23:06)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-28, 20:57)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-28, 16:20)Hardax Wrote: Im doing all of this on a test computer so when things don't work out well I actually restart with a fresh install of Kodi so there shouldn't be any carry over from an old install. I don't have never seen any sort of prompt to add recommended service??

Logs:

I did the start over routine from the plugin. Note that even after a clean Kodi install yesterday the ability to go into the custom channel setup is still grayed out for me. If I select the context menu on the plug in and go to Information and then Configure I can get access to it though.

For this log I did not let the plug in do an auto tune. Even when I said yes it would not pick up the Discovery+ add-on. I also have Netflix installed on this test setup which I believe is supported as well?
You don't have IPTV manager installed.
(2021-01-29, 00:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-01-28, 20:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Odd, please send me a log... if you have a plugin that supports PseudoTV Live installed... (PlutoTV) PseudoTV Live will detect and prompt you to add it to the recommended list.
Logs:

It is clear you'll have to update the required dependencies, for those of us lunkheads like myself who didn't have that installed right away. That is two of us now at this point 🤣🤣
(2021-01-29, 01:06)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-01-28, 23:06)Hardax Wrote: Logs:

It is clear you'll have to update the required dependencies, for those of us lunkheads like myself who didn't have that installed right away. That is two of us now at this point 🤣🤣

I added it as a dependency to PseudoTV Live, I don't' want to force it on PlutoTV users... So it will remain "Optional". I figured it was clear when in PlutoTV's setting... "Integration" prompts to install the missing dependency. 

Any suggestions on how I can improve wording, usability; are appreciated.
(2021-01-28, 20:57)Lunatixz Wrote: Odd, please send me a log... if you have a plugin that supports PseudoTV Live installed... (PlutoTV) PseudoTV Live will detect and prompt you to add it to the recommended list.
Logs:

Didn’t you say it was either/or? Pseudo TV or IPTV Manager but not both?
(2021-01-29, 01:58)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-01-28, 23:06)Hardax Wrote: Logs:

Didn’t you say it was either/or? Pseudo TV or IPTV Manager but not both?
Quote:You DO NOT configure IPTV Manager, it's a passive utility. If you are using IPTV Manager as a standalone plugin you select it to configure IPTV Simple; if you are using PseudoTV Live you select PseudoTV Live to configure IPTV Simple. It's one or the other...

PseudoTV Live piggybacks off IPTV Manager.
I'm most definitely having problems with the latest update. All the pluto channels were gone so I went ahead and did a clean start. My m3u import channels are fine but I can't seem to add anything else. When I choose any option like recommend services, recommended channels, tv shows etc. The window never opens.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ecePbgH...p=drivesdk
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4