• 41(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
(2021-01-31, 00:46)Gorodos Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 00:40)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-01-31, 00:35)Gorodos Wrote: Awesome, that makes perfect sense thank you! So basically:
Encounter an error
Turn on logging
Try to recreate the error

Exactly. A lot of times it helps to turn logging on, kill Kodi, and open it again then recreate the issue. Then you need to copy the log file and either paste it to http://paste.kodi.tv/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com. I usually upload mine to my google drive and post the sharable link just because I manage everything from my mobile device usually and it is much easier to upload a file than copy a huge amount of text and paste it on a touch screen. If you need help finidng the log, tell me what platform you are running Kodi on and I'll help you further if I can.

Yeah sorry. Win10. It's not the Microsoft app, it's from the website.
Ok, it has been a while since I've had Kodi installed on Windows. The file is in one of two places %APPDATA%\Kodi\temp\kodi.log (C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp\kodi.log) or %APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log

Just recreate the problem with logging on, then Alt-Tab out of Kodi and pull the log. You can then paste it to one of the two sites above I listed.

Hope that helps. Happy bug reporting.
(2021-01-31, 00:55)jctennis Wrote: Ok, it has been a while since I've had Kodi installed on Windows. The file is in one of two places %APPDATA%\Kodi\temp\kodi.log (C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\temp\kodi.log) or %APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log

Just recreate the problem with logging on, then Alt-Tab out of Kodi and pull the log. You can then paste it to one of the two sites above I listed.

Hope that helps. Happy bug reporting.
Very helpful, thank you sir.
@Lunatixz,

Observation: building channels from addons is working pretty great, especially with the new suggested channels feature. The only minor annoyance I have is that when tv channels are built this way, the EPG will show the name of the episode title as opposed to the show title like it does for "normal" tv channels. When using something like Pluto's "Rugged Reality" channel you will get something like "Episode 1" and have no real way of knowing what show is scheduled to play unless you can guess it from the summary. Obviously this issue is not present on a movie based channel.

I am sure it would probably be very difficult or impossible to change that, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.
(2021-01-31, 18:01)jctennis Wrote: @Lunatixz,

Observation: building channels from addons is working pretty great, especially with the new suggested channels feature. The only minor annoyance I have is that when tv channels are built this way, the EPG will show the name of the episode title as opposed to the show title like it does for "normal" tv channels. When using something like Pluto's "Rugged Reality" channel you will get something like "Episode 1" and have no real way of knowing what show is scheduled to play unless you can guess it from the summary. Obviously this issue is not present on a movie based channel.

I am sure it would probably be very difficult or impossible to change that, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.

Thanks for the feedback, I might be able to figure out a solution...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
@Lunatixz 
Clean install here on Android, Kodi RC1.  I'm using mysql for my kodi library.  I was able to manually add a channel, but I'm not prompted for pre-configured channels, and they are never populated.  In settings, I see a section for pre-configured channels, but it is empty and without options.

I am also seeing the "Parsing Kodi library" 0% progress the entire time.  
Edit: fixed in latest build
My system updated yesterday, causing errors to pop up.  Resetting didn't help, so I did a:
  • Disable, Remove plugin
  • rm -rf userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.pseudotv.live/
  • Reboot
  • Reinstall plugin
Results:

I'm getting "No Channels Found, Please Configure"

The offer to auto-populate doesn't appear like it used to.

The settings menu offers no means of adding pre-defined channels.  I've experienced this in the past, but previously the 'auto-tune' question would pop up, and as long as there was /something/ in there, then the pre-defined channels window would work.

Log: http://pithed.org/kodi/pseudotv-2021-01-31.kodi.log
@mrdally204 @randomdestructn 

Please try v.0.2.5n being pushed later this afternoon.
(2021-01-31, 23:35)Lunatixz Wrote: @mrdally204 @randomdestructn 

I'm back in business here. Thank you
(2021-01-31, 23:35)Lunatixz Wrote: @mrdally204 @randomdestructn 

Working here as well.  I got a plugin crash when quickly adding an absurd number of channels.  But everything I added before the crash worked fine.

I'll play with it again later and submit a log if I can reproduce it.

Thanks!
v.0.2.6 pushed... going to feature freeze updates at this build in order to move forward with Adv. channel rules.

Please heavily test this build for any bugs or odd behavior... THX!!

Custom channels need testing, add anything you'd like... report bugs with details and log.
I attempted to open the settings to add some movie genre channels. I tried twice in a row in this log. Instead of the expected behavior, when selecting the option, the settings dialog goes away as if it is waiting for the dialog where you choose from the available genres but nothing appears to happen and nothing pops up for a solid 2+ minutes. This somehow triggers PTVL to re-parse the channels and then displays the Pseudo TV Live is busy dialog. It is repeatable and happens every time.

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gRo7CGK...p=drivesdk
(2021-02-02, 13:07)jctennis Wrote: I attempted to open the settings to add some movie genre channels. I tried twice in a row in this log. Instead of the expected behavior, when selecting the option, the settings dialog goes away as if it is waiting for the dialog where you choose from the available genres but nothing appears to happen and nothing pops up for a solid 2+ minutes. This somehow triggers PTVL to re-parse the channels and then displays the Pseudo TV Live is busy dialog. It is repeatable and happens every time.

It's your imported xmltv... somethings up with the timestamp format.

Should be fixed in the next update....
(2021-02-02, 22:32)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 13:07)jctennis Wrote: I attempted to open the settings to add some movie genre channels. I tried twice in a row in this log. Instead of the expected behavior, when selecting the option, the settings dialog goes away as if it is waiting for the dialog where you choose from the available genres but nothing appears to happen and nothing pops up for a solid 2+ minutes. This somehow triggers PTVL to re-parse the channels and then displays the Pseudo TV Live is busy dialog. It is repeatable and happens every time.

It comes directly from Silicondust's method as detailed here:
https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...hp?t=72813
(2021-02-02, 23:24)jctennis Wrote:
(2021-02-02, 22:32)Lunatixz Wrote:

It comes directly from Silicondust's method as detailed here:
https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/view...hp?t=72813
I understand... fixed it! updating tonight... Looking through my code I could avoid the issue altogether.

BTW fixed the issue with PlutoTV "Recommend Channels" where the show title wasn't displaying, update pending... I'm trying to finish up HDHomerun Simple for matrix =)
(2021-02-02, 23:34)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm trying to finish up HDHomerun Simple for matrix =)

That will be awesome. I only hope that you can have it pull the full xmltv if the user is a dvr subscriber. The only two hours of guide data thing that hdhomerun does by default is kind of lame. Understandable if that is a PITA to make for just a small selection of users though.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4