• 21(current)
Release Composite (A Plex client)
I am getting ready for the movie to Kodi Matrix.  I have my setup working well using Composite with my Kodi 18.9 and I use the highly configurable Xonfluence skin. 

However it doesn't seem likely Xonfluence will be upgraded to work with the new Kodi.  So I am trying the Aeon Nox Silvio skin which I have set up on Kodi 18.9 with Composite working fine ... except for the context menu to show to delete a file from my Plex.  I have allowed the option to show hidden files and to allow deleting of files in Kodi. In Aeon Nox Silvio I can bring up the context menu but the option to delete a file isn't available despite deleting of files being enabled as I can when using Xonfluence.  

I am not sure if it is a problem with Composite, Aeon Nox Silvio or me when I set it up.  Has anyone got deleting of files working in Composite and uses the Aeon Nox Silvio skin?
(2021-01-24, 02:28)Thomfam Wrote: I am getting ready for the movie to Kodi Matrix.  I have my setup working well using Composite with my Kodi 18.9 and I use the highly configurable Xonfluence skin. 

However it doesn't seem likely Xonfluence will be upgraded to work with the new Kodi.  So I am trying the Aeon Nox Silvio skin which I have set up on Kodi 18.9 with Composite working fine ... except for the context menu to show to delete a file from my Plex.  I have allowed the option to show hidden files and to allow deleting of files in Kodi. In Aeon Nox Silvio I can bring up the context menu but the option to delete a file isn't available despite deleting of files being enabled as I can when using Xonfluence.  

I am not sure if it is a problem with Composite, Aeon Nox Silvio or me when I set it up.  Has anyone got deleting of files working in Composite and uses the Aeon Nox Silvio skin?
I've ensured I have logged into my Plex Account via Composite, I have set the Server (all via Composite "Settings").  I have restarted Kodi and gone to a file and 'long pressed' to get the Context Menu and I get Play Transcoded, Mark as watched, Mark as unwatched, Add to playlist, Audio, Subtitles, Update Library, Refresh, Play, Information, Mark as unwatched and Add to favourites.  But there isn't the option to Delete.  I have set up the 'official' Plex addon on the same Kodi (outside of Composite) and I can delete a file from there.

It's as if I have signed into Plex via Composite but it isn't recognizing me as the Server Owner and therefore able delete files.  Note this happens with the skin Aeon Nox Silvio.  The delete option in Composite works fine if I'm using the Xonfluence skin
(2020-09-27, 15:20)baikun Wrote: Hi! Thanks for this plugin!
I was having hard times with the official plex for kodi add-on and randomly crashing on me.

I still have a problem when trying to use custom urls tho. I one a my friend's server use a custom url and appear offline after running the discovery.
I tried to setup a custom url for the server, it is correctly saved and however we it's trying to connect to the custom url, it replaces it with "https:///".
I tried looking into the code and found that this line (https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...er.py#L379) might be faulty if 'address' is empty.
I unfortunately have the same issue.
(2021-01-25, 03:22)Thomfam Wrote:
(2021-01-24, 02:28)Thomfam Wrote: I am getting ready for the movie to Kodi Matrix.  I have my setup working well using Composite with my Kodi 18.9 and I use the highly configurable Xonfluence skin. 

I've ensured I have logged into my Plex Account via Composite, I have set the Server (all via Composite "Settings").  I have restarted Kodi and gone to a file and 'long pressed' to get the Context Menu and I get Play Transcoded, Mark as watched, Mark as unwatched, Add to playlist, Audio, Subtitles, Update Library, Refresh, Play, Information, Mark as unwatched and Add to favourites.  But there isn't the option to Delete.  I have set up the 'official' Plex addon on the same Kodi (outside of Composite) and I can delete a file from there.

It's as if I have signed into Plex via Composite but it isn't recognizing me as the Server Owner and therefore able delete files.  Note this happens with the skin Aeon Nox Silvio.  The delete option in Composite works fine if I'm using the Xonfluence skin

All my own fault, In Composite I went to Settings, Look and Feel and there, way down at the foot of the menu was "Show delete in the context menu" and then hit Save.  All sorted!
(2021-01-25, 03:23)Eggroley Wrote:
(2020-09-27, 15:20)baikun Wrote: Hi! Thanks for this plugin!
I was having hard times with the official plex for kodi add-on and randomly crashing on me.

I still have a problem when trying to use custom urls tho. I one a my friend's server use a custom url and appear offline after running the discovery.
I tried to setup a custom url for the server, it is correctly saved and however we it's trying to connect to the custom url, it replaces it with "https:///".
I tried looking into the code and found that this line (https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide...er.py#L379) might be faulty if 'address' is empty.
I unfortunately have the same issue.

I used to have the problem with custom url as well with a previous share I used to use , never got it working.
@baikun @Eggroley @ryadre 
Can you try out, alpha2--see link below-- to see if you custom access urls are working?

Also to anyone interested, in the alpha I have also removed server cache timeouts and it currently will only rescan servers if a connection error happens, a custom access url is changed, or caches are cleared.
I still have to add detection for new servers, so until then 'Clear caches' on the main menu will force a rescan and pick up any new servers.
This should hopefully improve usability a bit especially for those with multiple servers.

The alpha is available in the development repo, or by zip.
repo: https://panicked.xyz/repositories/
alpha zips: https://github.com/anxdpanic/plugin.vide.../1.x.x-dev
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2021-02-08, 02:41)anxdpanic Wrote: @baikun @Eggroley @ryadre 
Can you try out, alpha2--see link below-- to see if you custom access urls are working?

Also to anyone interested, in the alpha I have also removed server cache timeouts and it currently will only rescan servers if a connection error happens, a custom access url is changed, or caches are cleared.
I still have to add detection for new servers, so until then 'Clear caches' on the main menu will force a rescan and pick up any new servers.
This should hopefully improve usability a bit especially for those with multiple servers.

I just tried this new update from the dev repo, on a fresh install of Kodi 18, and I'm still getting the Server Offline error, inside of the Manage Servers inside the Composite addon. It manages to detect the server in the composite settings under Server -> Select master server, but it's showing up as Offline in the composite addon. Here is my Kodi Debug log with Debug+ turned on in the composite settings: egisitigen.kodi (paste). I can talk to my friend who owns the server if it needs be.

Beautiful, it works now! Very ecstatic.
@anxdpanic,
I beg your indulgence.
If some of the users here are interested. There is a project MediaImport that allows you to sync Plex video content into the Kodi database. We would appreciate some feedback from Plex Server users.
Does anyone know of a way to get Clearlogos working with composite widgets? I'm using Bingie Mod skin now on kodi 18.9, but I think the clear logos only work when your content is added to your library. I have used cloud based addons before and had clear logo working I think

Edit, hmm it's seems Composite would need its own fanart.tv api setting for it to work...

As weird as it sounds, I would find being able to hide certain servers from composite in the manage servers section quite useful.
Also if you know how to add in fanart api so I can get clear logos working would make it the perfect addon. Cheers
In Kodi 19 Matrix the Video OSD is duplicating the TV Show Title in the Episode info, where in 18 Leia it would just show the Episode Name.

See examples below and the info in the Top Left:

Kodi 18:

Kodi19:
(2021-03-01, 04:05)FXB78 Wrote: In Kodi 19 Matrix the Video OSD is duplicating the TV Show Title in the Episode info, where in 18 Leia it would just show the Episode Name.

Kodi 18:

Kodi19:

That may be more of a skin issue?
(2021-03-01, 10:03)ryadre Wrote:
(2021-03-01, 04:05)FXB78 Wrote: In Kodi 19 Matrix the Video OSD is duplicating the TV Show Title in the Episode info, where in 18 Leia it would just show the Episode Name.

Kodi 18:

Kodi19:

That may be more of a skin issue?
It could be, although as Library items display fine in Matrix I'd be more inclined to think something needs adjusting in the addon.
So I have set up a test of Composite in Kodi 19 and I'm using the Aeon Nox Silvo skin.  It took quite some setting up but we are there now.  I am running it on a 2017 version of Nvidia Shield. So I have both the Composite and Plex addons installed on the same Kodi program getting their files from exactly the same sources. The Plex addon works great and I get the movie or TV episode up and running quite quickly. 

But in Composite on the Nvidia the activity circle just goes around and around, there's a blank screen and then Kodi 19 crashes. I also have it setup on my PC as well.  I monitor my downloads on this PC.  There is a graph at the foot of the PC's screen which indicates traffic to and from the PC.   I note when I try to watch a movie in Kodi 19 using the Composite addon on the PC there is a huge download which I guess is the movie preloading to prevent buffering.

I have 2 Nvidia Shields. Both have Kodi, 1 with 19, the other with Kodi 18.8.  Both have Composite and the AeonNox:Silvo skin.  The Shield with Kodi 19 crashes after trying to play a movie, the one with Kodi 18.9 works flawlessly.  The Kodi Plex app works perfectly on both boxes!

I am suspecting this is a Kodi 19 thing as I get the same outcome if I try the PlexKodiConnect addon.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Composite (A Plex client)0