• 25(current)
Release Janitor
I see an updated version on the GitHub, compatible with Leia.
Does work great. Big thanks for that!
How about uploading it to some repository?
It’s in progress, but the mods are slow.
Janitor has been released for Leia. Please let me know of any bugs that may occur and be sure to post debug logs.
Remove empty folders works as expected when your Library contents are right under the folder that will be removed, as it usually happens in Movies, but if you have a second nest level, for instance, Some_TVSeries/Season 1/1x01.mkv that feature will remove Season 1 folder, but keeping its parent folder, even it's empty as well.

Is there any way to remove recursively up to the source folder? I mean, if your TV Series source path is like /path/to/your/tvseries/library and your TV series is stored in /path/to/your/tvseries/library/seriename/season1/even/more/subfolders, Janitor would check from the last path to TVSeries source path if they're empty as well.

Thx
(2019-11-10, 15:01)Crashillo Wrote: Remove empty folders works as expected when your Library contents are right under the folder that will be removed, as it usually happens in Movies, but if you have a second nest level, for instance, Some_TVSeries/Season 1/1x01.mkv that feature will remove Season 1 folder, but keeping its parent folder, even it's empty as well.

Is there any way to remove recursively up to the source folder? I mean, if your TV Series source path is like /path/to/your/tvseries/library and your TV series is stored in /path/to/your/tvseries/library/seriename/season1/even/more/subfolders, Janitor would check from the last path to TVSeries source path if they're empty as well.

Thx
I would love to support all different types of folder structures, but that would mean I have to rewrite parts of the code to support all of them (and probably still someone has a structure that I didn't cover). Also my job is quite demanding nowadays, which means I have less and less time to spend on Janitor. That means my time is better spent maintaining the addon than adding new features unfortunately. If you feel up to the task however, feel free to implement such a feature and submit a pull request.
Not sure if I found a bug, or if I am requesting a feature. Blush

My case is as follows:
- I have a video in /path/X/Y/Z/video.mp4
- I have an exclusion defined in Janitor for /path/X
- I would expect my 'video.mp4' to not be deleted since it is part of a path that has been excluded. However this is not the case and my video.mp4 is being deleted.

Maybe this is because that for video.mp4 there is only a check if /path/X/Y/Z/ is excluded? I did have a quick peek at the source code but couldn't find an answer myself.
You're probably right about the exclusions not working properly anymore. Could you remove the current version from your Kodi and install the newest one from Github? Download the code as a zip file from Github and import it using the Install from ZIP option in Kodi. I did fix this bug a little while ago but I have yet to submit it to the official Kodi repositories.
(2020-01-15, 21:40)Anthirian Wrote: You're probably right about the exclusions not working properly anymore. Could you remove the current version from your Kodi and install the newest one from Github? Download the code as a zip file from Github and import it using the Install from ZIP option in Kodi. I did fix this bug a little while ago but I have yet to submit it to the official Kodi repositories.

Thanks for the ultra-quick feedback! I will try the Github-version and report back here.
I'm not sure if I can trick Janitor in immediatly trying to delete a file (would require to set the date when a file has been marked as watched?).
(2020-01-15, 21:46)pixilarion Wrote:
(2020-01-15, 21:40)Anthirian Wrote: You're probably right about the exclusions not working properly anymore. Could you remove the current version from your Kodi and install the newest one from Github? Download the code as a zip file from Github and import it using the Install from ZIP option in Kodi. I did fix this bug a little while ago but I have yet to submit it to the official Kodi repositories.

Thanks for the ultra-quick feedback! I will try the Github-version and report back here.
I'm not sure if I can trick Janitor in immediatly trying to delete a file (would require to set the date when a file has been marked as watched?).   
Ok, so I installed the Github-version and did some testing and it seems that the exclusions are again working as expected.

I tested by:
- removing the delay (7 days) in Janitor, so that a file would immediatly be deletable after being watched
- marked a movie ,that was in a subfolder of an exclusion, as watched,

After running Janitor the movie was not deleted (*hooray*)

The only thing that still has me worried is that I didn't see the movie coming up in the progress dialog. Maybe that is because exclusions aren't displayed in the progress dialog? Otherwise it could mean that maybe the manually marked movie isn't being picked up yet by Janitor and might still get deleted in the near future.

I will check back in a few days. Should there be any problems, I'll report back. Thanks again and keep up (if you find the time to) the good work!
I think its not janitor problem but is it possible to make it work from a kodi installed on Android TV Box when the Library is from SMB share? It does not delete anything, i guess because of kodi not having permissions but it never asks for them...
Hello,

I started using Janitor today. I got an error "Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte..." in this function. The debug log showed me the problem in the default.py.
Quote:self.progress.update(int(progress_percent), translate(32616).format(amount=amount, type=type_translation[video_type]), translate(32617), u"{0}".format(title))
I am no phython expert but I thin it is because of the ".format" at the end. With python 2.x it tries to use ascii by default.
I inserted a line befor this in the default.py:
Quote:                        progress_percent += increment * 100
                        debug(u"Progress percent is {percent}, amount is {amount} and increment is {increment}".format(percent=progress_percent, amount=amount, increment=increment))
                        title = title.encode("utf-8")
                     title = unicode(title, "utf-8", "replace")
                        self.progress.update(int(progress_percent), translate(32616).format(amount=amount, type=type_translation[video_type]), translate(32617), u"{0}".format(title))
                        self.monitor.waitForAbort(2)
This solved the problem for me. Now everything works.  Nerd
@Anthirian, this plugin is a beast.
Such an elegant way to put the chore of file maintenance into the background in order to simply enjoy AV.
Frankly, I'd call it essential.

Which is why, when I upgraded to Matrix RC1 to try and solve some audio issues, I was rather miffed to see "This plugin has been disabled".
However I see from Github that all is not lost, you're cooking up an update. Might I be so impatient as to ask how it is coming along?

Thank you for your efforts!
(2021-02-12, 13:12)Raboon Wrote: @Anthirian, this plugin is a beast.
Such an elegant way to put the chore of file maintenance into the background in order to simply enjoy AV.
Frankly, I'd call it essential.

Which is why, when I upgraded to Matrix RC1 to try and solve some audio issues, I was rather miffed to see "This plugin has been disabled".
However I see from Github that all is not lost, you're cooking up an update. Might I be so impatient as to ask how it is coming along?

Thank you for your efforts!

I'd like to second this.

It baffles me that this isn't an option in Kodi already as it's surely essential!

I'd love to know if they are plans to get this up & running on matrix, as if it not I'll downgrade to 18.9, janitor just makes it all so much easier.
Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear that you guys enjoy the addon so much. I have indeed spent quite some time getting it ready for Kodi Matrix already, which is what you can see on the kodi-19-support branch on GitHub. If you’re feeling adventurous you are welcome to try that branch out, but keep in mind that functionality may break and files may end up lost while I’m still developing. I hope to ship a compatible version next month, but am unfortunately super busy with my day job these weeks. I’ll do what I can, it won’t be long now.
(2021-02-26, 22:55)Anthirian Wrote: Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear that you guys enjoy the addon so much. I have indeed spent quite some time getting it ready for Kodi Matrix already, which is what you can see on the kodi-19-support branch on GitHub. If you’re feeling adventurous you are welcome to try that branch out, but keep in mind that functionality may break and files may end up lost while I’m still developing. I hope to ship a compatible version next month, but am unfortunately super busy with my day job these weeks. I’ll do what I can, it won’t be long now.
Love the addon. Doesn't even feel like Kodi without it. Will wait as long as needed for it to be back up and running.
Much appreciated !
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4