• 41(current)
Release YouTube
Never mind found it!
having a problem with live streams on youtube

I have it prompting me for every video now which sucks for playlists

when the first option on a live stream is

LIVE DASH (mpd)

Then the stream will choke and fail... I thought I had Dash working before for a very long time but Youtube must have changed something

If when prompted I select 720p the stream plays perfectly.

I am on a KM8 Android box with 2mb ram and it can play 4k videos fine but the streaming live news on youtube.com is kicking its butt and it chokes and stutters

How can i remove that first option LIVE DASH from showing up and just make it use 720p?

Thanks.
The Youtube addon is unfortunately not suitable for mass use. Is it possible that you can store multiple API keys?

If quota is exceeded that automatically the next key is used? That would be great if you can implement something like that.

Is there a quick & dirty for this?
I have updated to Kodi Matrix (CoreElec 19.0 actually) on my Odroid N2 over the weekend and installed the YT addon connecting it to a newly generated API. All well so far. I can watch all kind of video streams, including 4k videos. However, I cannot get anything in HDR. Is this expected or are there specific settings I need to apply to make it work?
Server: DIY NAS w/ i3-8100, 32GB RAM, 4x6 TB WD Red, DD Cine S2 + 3xDuoFlex, OMV w/ Emby, TVheadend, Oscam
Living Room: Odroid N2 w/ CE, Panasonic DP-UB9004, NAD 758v3, LG OLED 65 B7, L/R B&W CM10, B&W C S2, B&W ASW10 CM, SL/SR Elac WS 1445, HL/HR Dali Alteco C1
Library: RPi2B w/ LE, Xbox One X w/ Kodi, Nintendo Switch, Panasonic Viera TX-P50 Plasma​​
Hi @anxdpanic  you remember when i obtain the issue about all video it's not playable whit MPEG DASH whitout any explanation !?!?!

I have promise to you the next time it's be append to me i try to enable the DEBUG LOG Level and try to play some video randomly.
Exactly two minutes ago i'm try to watch some video......... i open youtube addons and no video it's works!!! Click on it.... see the icon blue spinning and nothings append.
I have understand this is the issue and i have logged this:

https://paste.kodi.tv/tojonoyodo.kodi

I know it's not a full debug log..... but if i reboot my pi2 or restart kodi only problably this issue it's probably disappears and is solved.

Look if you can understand why youtube fails to play each video....... note that while youtube fails to play each video if I disable the use of the mpeg dash all back work normally. Only when mpeg dash all video fail.
Note... during mpeg-dash fail on youtube addons..... i have tryed a live on twitch and here mpeg-dash works whitout any issue.......

As I said .. it seems that some component inside the addons crashes or something like that.....

Thanks in advance if you can do somethings to try to identify the nature of this trouble. luckily it does not happen very frequently..... in fact a lot of time has passed since my last reply about it..
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Hi, since a few days, I've had delays of maybe 20 seconds on every youtube plugin GUI action (like entering the Playlists submenu, even clicking Next... on a search results list). Everything works, but the spinner is going for 15-20 seconds first, every time I try to do something..

The log is not showing anything during these spins :/

Anybody else getting this? Was just thinking it might be another youtube API change...

This is 6.8.10-matrix1 on Kodi 20.0. My kodi plugin auto-updated on 2/27, and I THINK I only saw this problem the last days so shouldn't be related. However, my Ubuntu did seem to have updated kodi itself a few days ago which might be the cause. Now I'm on kodi20.0 git 20210309 which is a "few days ago" Smile
(2021-03-12, 01:53)kodden Wrote: Hi, since a few days, I've had delays of maybe 20 seconds on every youtube plugin GUI action (like entering the Playlists submenu, even clicking Next... on a search results list). Everything works, but the spinner is going for 15-20 seconds first, every time I try to do something..

Anybody else getting this? Was just thinking it might be another youtube API change...

This is 6.8.10-matrix1 on Kodi 20.0. My kodi plugin auto-updated on 2/27, and I THINK I only saw this problem the last days so shouldn't be related. However, my Ubuntu did seem to have updated kodi itself a few days ago which might be the cause. Now I'm on kodi20.0 git 20210309 which is a "few days ago" Smile
Yes, noticed that too.
I ve seen delays up to 2 minutes.
The debug log shows nothing.
I was hesitant to report this as I have no clear evidence or even a hint about whats going on. It could have been my internet (nope) or my setup.
I want to create a new entry in the kodi home menu called "Movie Trailer", where I combine several YouTube channels which hosts such trailers.
Is it possible to create such command/query with the addon to combine several channels in one view/list?
(2021-03-12, 20:46)asavah Wrote:
(2021-03-12, 01:53)kodden Wrote: Hi, since a few days, I've had delays of maybe 20 seconds on every youtube plugin GUI action (like entering the Playlists submenu, even clicking Next... on a search results list). Everything works, but the spinner is going for 15-20 seconds first, every time I try to do something..

Yes, noticed that too.
I ve seen delays up to 2 minutes.
The debug log shows nothing.
I was hesitant to report this as I have no clear evidence or even a hint about whats going on. It could have been my internet (nope) or my setup.
Ok, then I guess more people will start reporting this if it's related to Kodi 20. Which version of Kodi are you running btw?

I updated Kodi to the latest git as of today (3/13) and the same problem persists (and nothing in the logs its just a long delay all the time).
(2021-03-14, 00:08)kodden Wrote: Which version of Kodi are you running btw?

Current git master on linux, so yes it's 20.
I didn't look thoroughly at git log , will do when I find some time and try to bisect, if it's 20 only related and Matrix is not affected I hope we'll find the cause.

This is the suspicious part from the log.
Code:
2021-03-14 01:46:30.985 T:10011   DEBUG <general>: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion after |1.4797| seconds
2021-03-14 01:46:30.985 T:10011    INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(4, /home/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/default.py): script successfully run
2021-03-14 01:46:59.528 T:10018   DEBUG <general>: Thread JobWorker 140175667811904 terminating (autodelete)
2021-03-14 01:46:59.528 T:10017   DEBUG <general>: Thread JobWorker 140175174788672 terminating (autodelete)
2021-03-14 01:46:59.528 T:10024   DEBUG <general>: Thread JobWorker 140173991138880 terminating (autodelete)
2021-03-14 01:46:59.528 T:10023   DEBUG <general>: Thread JobWorker 140175183181376 terminating (autodelete)
2021-03-14 01:47:01.020 T:10030   DEBUG <general>: Thread waiting 140173866600000 terminating
2021-03-14 01:47:01.034 T:9937    DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------

There is a 30 seconds delay after script finished until threads are terminated and busy disalog removed.
I think it might be (untested) https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19310

@Montellese sorry to shamelessly bother you, but as the author of the aforementioned PR could you please take a look?

Full debug log https://paste.kodi.tv/dogaqizude.kodi
notice the delay between "script successfully run" and actual thread termination,
it looks like normal script termination is not detected and the logic waits until 30000ms timer expires to kill the thread.
@kodden I think I have the fix.
Took me a while to figure this out.

If you build Kodi yourself try this patch https://gist.githubusercontent.com/asava...nfix.patch

It fixes the issue for me.
I'll test this for a day and will PR it if everything goes well.
(2021-03-13, 19:04)namtih Wrote: I want to create a new entry in the kodi home menu called "Movie Trailer", where I combine several YouTube channels which hosts such trailers. Is it possible to create such command/query with the addon to combine several channels in one view/list?

An addon called AutoWidget can help you with this: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=352934

Basically you can add different sources (even from different addons) into one group, and then either use that group as a menu item (so like it open a folder) and / or use that group as a widget in your skin.

The biggest issue is ordering the items. At this time AutoWidget can't order these items, you need a skin that can do this. Hopefully the AutoWidget developer will solve this at some point.

Hope that helps Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Suddenly this evening "My Subscriptions" won't load, generating an error message instead and pointing me to the log.

Everything else in the addon seems to be working fine. Any ideas?

UPDATE: this only happens on my Insignia Fire TV Edition TV... "My Subscriptions" works fine on my Win10 PC. The problematic line is this one...
Code:
return time.mktime(datetime_parser.strptime(e["published"][0:19], "%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S").timetuple())
...which generates this error:
Code:
OverflowError: mktime argument out of range
I should point out that nothing changed in my Kodi configuration. The addon worked fine on the TV for months, then suddenly a couple of days ago I started getting this error.
Quote:Suddenly this evening "My Subscriptions" won't load, generating an error message instead and pointing me to the log.

Everything else in the addon seems to be working fine.
I've got the same problem and symptoms except I'm on Matrix v.19
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0