• 175(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
(2021-03-13, 13:58)Bungee_G Wrote: Hello, okay thanks, in the link you sent it is written « Posters/Fanart scraped by MediaElch not shown in Kodi » but you forgot to mention that it only happen with sets (movie sets)
Also, have you tried to reproduce the issue ?
I may have done something wrong

Hi,

no, I didn't have time for that, yet. Thanks for clarifying it. Movie set images need to be reworked. I know that there are a few issues with them. Smile
MediaElch: Thread v2.10.6 | GitHub | Docs | Blog
(2021-03-14, 18:10)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-03-13, 13:58)Bungee_G Wrote: Hello, okay thanks, in the link you sent it is written « Posters/Fanart scraped by MediaElch not shown in Kodi » but you forgot to mention that it only happen with sets (movie sets)

Hi,

no, I didn't have time for that, yet. Thanks for clarifying it. Movie set images need to be reworked. I know that there are a few issues with them. Smile

Okay thanks... I have another question, it is possible to rename seasons in Kodi but not with Mediaelch so it is possible by editing the nfo file that I created with MediaElch to change for example "Season 1" to "season name", if yes, what have I to edit (which lines and which file) ?

Also will it be possible to add clearlogo or clearart to movie Sets ?
Hi, bugwelle

my issue, was fixed ?

Sorry if i ask it, but i didn't try anymore, so if is fixed, i retry
(2021-03-14, 18:08)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-03-14, 12:00)ripjack Wrote: Hi guys.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between "Year" and "Release Date" in the music section?
When I scrape albums, release date always gets populated but "Year" is left blank

thanks

Hi,

I can't answer that question. This was implemented by @Komet 6 years ago. I can't find anything in the Kodi documentation as well... Undecided

Year is usually (and used by mp3taggers) the year of the original release of the album. Release date is the date that particular pressing/reissue of the album was released on. The original programmer may have reversed those two and is using the release date as the original release and Year as the year of that particular reissue. So for example pink floyds the wall had an original release date of 1979 with reissues in 82, 85 etc.
as the program has no way of knowing what release you have it leaves it blank for you to put in for yourself.
As there has been a lot of discussion about the music side of mediaelch , which he has admitted is lacking and will not be worked on for a while may I suggest the program Musicbrainz Picard for your music collections. It has a little bit of a steep learning curve but is very good at filling in your tags. As far as I know kodi does not actually use nfo files for music but will use the tags in the files themselves for the scrapping information. I could be wrong on that but I don't have any nfo files in my music folders and it can scrape just fine using the tags that I have put in using Musicbrainz.
Me
(2021-03-18, 16:57)robertus Wrote: Hi, bugwelle

my issue, was fixed ?

There has not been a new version released yet to fix your problem.
Not sure if this will help you but the bug seems to be part of the "automatically save each show\episode after each scrape" function. If you turn it off (uncheck) you are still able to scrape more than one episode at a time.  close the scrape window and then manually save the shows that were just scraped (they should all still be highlighted if not highlight them all again). I find it works best when limiting to one Season at a time. So I chose the ones I want to scrape in that season- hit the scrape button and the window opens- choose the server and make sure Automatically save is unchecked- hit the scrape button on the bottom and when it is done close the window and hit the save icon on the top to save all the ones I just scraped.
Me
(2021-03-18, 16:57)robertus Wrote: Hi, bugwelle

my issue, was fixed ?

Hi,

sorry, not yet. While I did test MediaElch on Windows 10 and found a few issues that will be fixed in the next release, I was not able to reproduce your issue.
Due to some University Projects, my time is limited and I simply didn't get to test your issue again.

Here are a few more trouble shooting steps (though you probably already did that):
(2021-03-17, 11:03)Bungee_G Wrote:

Hi,

Okay thanks... I have another question, it is possible to rename seasons in Kodi but not with Mediaelch so it is possible by editing the nfo file that I created with MediaElch to change for example "Season 1" to "season name", if yes, what have I to edit (which lines and which file) ?

Hi,

named seasons are a feature not yet supported by MediaElch. Editing a NFO by hand will not work. Tags that are unknown to MediaElch are ignored and won't be saved.
I'll have a look at how much work it would be to implement "<namedseason number=""></namedseason> " so that it is possible to at least add them by hand to the TV show's NFO.

Hi,

Please ignore my previous post... I added "namedseason" two years ago (see https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/commi...f466e07bb2 ).

It is just not possible to modify it using the GUI Smile

To add a named season, you have to add these tags to your shows NFO file:

xml:

<namedseason number="1">My Season 1</namedseason>
<namedseason number="2">My Season 2</namedseason>
<namedseason number="3">Another Season 3</namedseason>
(2021-03-19, 00:41)Kallita Wrote: Year is usually (and used by mp3taggers) the year of the original release of the album. Release date is the date that particular pressing/reissue of the album was released on. The original programmer may have reversed those two and is using the release date as the original release and Year as the year of that particular reissue. So for example pink floyds the wall had an original release date of 1979 with reissues in 82, 85 etc.
as the program has no way of knowing what release you have it leaves it blank for you to put in for yourself.
As there has been a lot of discussion about the music side of mediaelch , which he has admitted is lacking and will not be worked on for a while may I suggest the program Musicbrainz Picard for your music collections. It has a little bit of a steep learning curve but is very good at filling in your tags. As far as I know kodi does not actually use nfo files for music but will use the tags in the files themselves for the scrapping information. I could be wrong on that but I don't have any nfo files in my music folders and it can scrape just fine using the tags that I have put in using Musicbrainz.
Me

Wow, thank you very much! I have added MusicBrainz Picard to the list of alternatives here: https://mediaelch.github.io/mediaelch-do...elch-exist
There is no shame in admitting that there are better alternatives. Smile

I have also added a note to MediaElch's source code mentioning the difference between year and release date.
(2021-03-19, 10:29)bugwelle Wrote:
(2021-03-14, 18:10)bugwelle Wrote: Hi,

Please ignore my previous post... I added "namedseason" two years ago (see https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/commi...f466e07bb2 ).

xml:

Named seasons will be supported in the GUI in https://github.com/Komet/MediaElch/pull/1261
Need to properly test it. But looks promising. Smile
(2021-03-19, 10:29)bugwelle Wrote: It is just not possible to modify it using the GUI
https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-03-19, 20:28)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-03-19, 10:29)bugwelle Wrote: It is just not possible to modify it using the GUI
https://kodi.wiki/view/Season_rename

In MediaElch of course. :-)
I've added that feature today. Kodi of course supports it.
(2021-03-14, 18:10)bugwelle Wrote: Hi,

xml:

Okay thanks !

Also will it be possible on MediaElch to add clear logo and clear art to movie sets ?
(2021-03-20, 06:23)Bungee_G Wrote:
(2021-03-17, 11:03)Bungee_G Wrote: Okay thanks... I have another question, it is possible to rename seasons in Kodi but not with Mediaelch so it is possible by editing the nfo file that I created with MediaElch to change for example "Season 1" to "season name", if yes, what have I to edit (which lines and which file) ?

xml:

Okay thanks !

Also will it be possible on MediaElch to add clear logo and clear art to movie sets ?

Not in the near future, sorry. That's something on my TODO list, but I can't estimate how long it will take.
My apologies. Apparently Kodi Does/Can use Nfo Files for music. According to this wiki https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music it can be used in place of tags.
Kodi will first look for tags in the file. then will look for nfo files in the artist or album directory.then will use a scraper to find any other info it may need.
Sorry about that.
  • 175(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9