• 44(current)
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion
no start option when I double click it it goes to utility no option to start pseudiotvlive that I can find.
(2021-03-02, 05:44)landerson Wrote: no start option when I double click it it goes to utility no option to start pseudiotvlive that I can find.

you don't start PseudoTV like you used to in the old add-on. It should start and run as a service on its own.
(2021-03-02, 18:02)Hardax Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 05:44)landerson Wrote: no start option when I double click it it goes to utility no option to start pseudiotvlive that I can find.

you don't start PseudoTV like you used to in the old add-on. It should start and run as a service on its own.
it doesnt for me
(2021-03-03, 02:01)landerson Wrote:
(2021-03-02, 18:02)Hardax Wrote:

it doesnt for me
I believe that you have to select the Live TV option within Kodi.
Thanks for the latest update "j".Greek characters are present now.
Hi Lunatixz.
is ptvlive beta compatible with youtube2kodilibrary addon??

i get this:
2021-03-09 22:04:20.480 T:1612     INFO <general>: Creating InputStream
2021-03-09 22:04:20.488 T:1612     INFO <general>: Creating Demuxer
2021-03-09 22:04:20.489 T:1612    ERROR <general>: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error probing input format, smb://..path.../2018/s2018e14.strm
2021-03-09 22:04:20.489 T:1612    ERROR <general>: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
2021-03-09 22:04:20.489 T:1612     INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
2021-03-09 22:04:20.501 T:21484    INFO <general>: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
2021-03-09 22:04:20.501 T:21484    INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
2021-03-09 22:04:20.501 T:21484    INFO <general>: VideoPlayer: finished waiting
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
VqP
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was trying out the MediaImport project build of Kodi 19 (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794) that lets you add Emby and Plex servers as media sources. PTV will create channels no problem but crashes on playback start every time.

Logs:
https://paste.kodi.tv/abenologek.kodi
(2021-03-10, 14:58)Hardax Wrote: Was trying out the MediaImport project build of Kodi 19 (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794) that lets you add Emby and Plex servers as media sources. PTV will create channels no problem but crashes on playback start every time.

Logs:
https://paste.kodi.tv/abenologek.kodi

your log has no debugging data, please enable debugging in Kodi first, then reproduce the issue. THX
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Heyo,

first off all thanks for the awesome work.

After using your addon for about a week I still can't seem to find a possibility to force searching for new tv shows, which got recently added and scraped to the library via tmdb.

The main reason is to get them listed in the pre defined channels.

Older tv shows are getting listed fine, added a tv show into the same and got listed after a day, but without logo and two more tv shows still not in the list yet.

Greets
(2021-03-12, 02:42)Klausmeier Wrote: Heyo,

first off all thanks for the awesome work.

After using your addon for about a week I still can't seem to find a possibility to force searching for new tv shows, which got recently added and scraped to the library via tmdb.

The main reason is to get them listed in the pre defined channels.

Older tv shows are getting listed fine, added a tv show into the same and got listed after a day, but without logo and two more tv shows still not in the list yet.

Greets
It's a matter of finding the right balance between cached data and fresh data... I'm working on a better solution. At the moment it may take a day or two for new content to be picked up... This should be improved by version v.0.2.7

As for TV Show artwork, it's dependent on your collection having clearart for the given TV Show, PseudoTV Live does not supply this.
Found a horrid error in the “import” function.

The first red flag I had was the XMLTV file, as it offers “file/url” but there’s no way to select a URL, it just brings up a file browser (whereas when you select file/url in something like SimpleIPTV, it let’s you type/paste the URL). Ended up having to select an arbitrary file and then go into the settings.xml and replace that file location with a XML url.

Didn’t matter though, as as soon as the import finished, all the channels were there... and absolutely NO GUIDE INFO (what is it with Kodi and guide info?).

So I figure it’s just Kodi’s fault again. I mean, it’s notorious for being unable to maintain working guides (iVue, TVGuideFullscreen, even the built in native one is...) so I figure I just need to “clear data” right? Nope, nothing works, so I investigate a bit.

I look into “PseudoTV.xml” to see EXACTLY where the problem is and why it’s not providing the XMLTV information for the “import channels”... it’s because it only imported the m3u channels and NOT the XML file.

Regardless of whether it’s entered as a URL or downloaded as a file, “PseudoTV.xml” will NOT import any of the guide info. Happy to provide anymore info/debug logs/etc, but it’s literally a fresh download of both matrix and the repo within 5 minutes of each other and isn’t hard to reproduce as it happens on multiple installs with no other addons present just to ensure there are no conflicts. Two test channels that work just fine with great guide info, a bunch of “imported channels” with absolutely no guide info.

And yes, I’ve verified the guide/m3u work perfectly when directly entered into the SimpleIPTV client.
So I finally caved and got the new PseudoTV Live and migrated from fnord12's fork of PseudoTV. I've been spending the past day or two getting it all set up and looking through the forum post for solutions to some issues I'm having, and found answers to most everything but a few things. 
  1. I can't create any channel rules for custom channels for some reason. I click "Add New Rule" and suddenly I can't select anything and have to hit backspace to get out of it.
  2. When I change channels, it freezes the video I'm on for a split second, then the next channel's video is also frozen for a split second. There's a solid second of silence/paused video. Any way to improve this?
  3. Is there any way to have a simple EPG view? Like a half-screen EPG with video still playing in the background? Something where I can change channels while in the EPG without leaving the EPG. No need for all these channel groups, just a basic basic EPG? This probably has more to do with Kodi's PVR feature but I figured I'd ask here since this would be the right crowd. 
Just tried to post my log, but apparently it exceeds the maximum length of Kodi's Pastebin, so let me know what the best way to post that.
(2021-03-17, 05:38)Kalynncampbell Wrote: Found a horrid error in the “import” function.

The first red flag I had was the XMLTV file, as it offers “file/url” but there’s no way to select a URL, it just brings up a file browser (whereas when you select file/url in something like SimpleIPTV, it let’s you type/paste the URL). Ended up having to select an arbitrary file and then go into the settings.xml and replace that file location with a XML url.

Didn’t matter though, as as soon as the import finished, all the channels were there... and absolutely NO GUIDE INFO (what is it with Kodi and guide info?).

So I figure it’s just Kodi’s fault again. I mean, it’s notorious for being unable to maintain working guides (iVue, TVGuideFullscreen, even the built in native one is...) so I figure I just need to “clear data” right? Nope, nothing works, so I investigate a bit.

I look into “PseudoTV.xml” to see EXACTLY where the problem is and why it’s not providing the XMLTV information for the “import channels”... it’s because it only imported the m3u channels and NOT the XML file.

Regardless of whether it’s entered as a URL or downloaded as a file, “PseudoTV.xml” will NOT import any of the guide info. Happy to provide anymore info/debug logs/etc, but it’s literally a fresh download of both matrix and the repo within 5 minutes of each other and isn’t hard to reproduce as it happens on multiple installs with no other addons present just to ensure there are no conflicts. Two test channels that work just fine with great guide info, a bunch of “imported channels” with absolutely no guide info.

And yes, I’ve verified the guide/m3u work perfectly when directly entered into the SimpleIPTV client.

EDIT/UPDATE: I manually imported my TV’s guide information into PseudoTV.xml and sure enough, fixed the problems. The import function/settings page is definitely having serious issues.
(2021-03-17, 05:48)Kalynncampbell Wrote: The import function/settings page is definitely having serious issues.

a tad dramatic...  Tongue it's a very minor issue, the settings page where you enter URLs is missing.
(2021-03-17, 05:41)trebory6 Wrote: So I finally caved and got the new PseudoTV Live and migrated from fnord12's fork of PseudoTV. I've been spending the past day or two getting it all set up and looking through the forum post for solutions to some issues I'm having, and found answers to most everything but a few things. 
  1. I can't create any channel rules for custom channels for some reason. I click "Add New Rule" and suddenly I can't select anything and have to hit backspace to get out of it.
  2. When I change channels, it freezes the video I'm on for a split second, then the next channel's video is also frozen for a split second. There's a solid second of silence/paused video. Any way to improve this?
  3. Is there any way to have a simple EPG view? Like a half-screen EPG with video still playing in the background? Something where I can change channels while in the EPG without leaving the EPG. No need for all these channel groups, just a basic basic EPG? This probably has more to do with Kodi's PVR feature but I figured I'd ask here since this would be the right crowd. 
Just tried to post my log, but apparently it exceeds the maximum length of Kodi's Pastebin, so let me know what the best way to post that.

1. Advanced Channel rules is a pending feature in the next round of beta testing...
2. Channel changing speed is relative to the system and I/O Kodi/Server is running on.
3. This is a skinning issue, you'll have to find a Kodi Matrix skin that features an EPG like the one you are looking for; or you can create your own.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion4