• 142(current)
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded
(2021-03-29, 21:57)beatmasterrs Wrote: I am currently working on alternative watched indicators for posters/fanart. When I started with the Leia mod, I had already included them in some places in the skin for testing purposes, but never really made them usable.
In master-branch there were many layout-code optimizations after 1.1.31, so code was simplified and reduced. I hope that when the alternate watched flags are implemented, everything still works...

Looking nice 😀
(2021-03-30, 04:57)PSTrophy Wrote: Wow they look cool. Just hoping the colours can be changed because black for watched is just wrong somehow lol, maybe green for watched, red for new and blue for in progress.... Wink Just noticed the new testing branch don't mind if I do Smile Will these new indicators display on widgets also?

The functionality remains the same Smile The new indicators, when enabled, are visible on all poster/fanart layouts, but not on list layouts. Color options are available:

Hi beatmasterrs, 

Is it planned to add a button "Same director" in "Dialog Video information" like with skin Estuary for search all movies from the same director ?
It would be much appreciated. I often use this.  

Thanks a lot for your works. this skin is very nice.

(2021-03-30, 17:28)ellega Wrote: Hi beatmasterrs, 

Is it planned to add a button "Same director" in "Dialog Video information" like with skin Estuary for search all movies from the same director ?

Please have a look at this branch:

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...esting.zip

Only online data is used for this list, just like the other additional lists, "similar to,..."
Awesome work @beatmasterrs Smile I was wondering if it's possible to scrap all the old indicators and code and make the new ones default and remove the alternate indicators option from the context menu? These new ones are awesome sauce and they are working on everything I've tried including marking TV shows watched that are watched up to their latest aired episode unlike the old ones. Plus they stand out way more. Outstanding!!!
(2021-03-28, 15:15)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-03-28, 11:45)meridius Wrote: so do i need to add this line in my advancedsettings.xml ?  to make the images better quality, what is Kodi set as default? and would it make a difference if you use higher res cache 

read this

Artwork/Cache - Official Kodi Wiki

Kodi version updates
From v18, the 1920x1080 resolution limitation has been removed. Using the following code in your advancedsettings.xml will allow caching artwork at original size. [2]
<imageres>9999</imageres>
<fanartres>9999</fanartres>

so to keep the original size you need to do this in  advancedsettings.xml, is that correct. and how do i remove the older cache images

<advancedsettings version="1.0">
    <imageres>9999</imageres>
    <fanartres>9999</fanartres>
</advancedsettings>
I think the defaults are imageres=720 & fanartres=1080, I just use <imageres>1080</imageres> and leave fanart at 1080 and it looks fine to me. You can experiment & see which works best for you. 9999 might be a bit overkill.

To clear the cached images I believe you would have to delete the userdata/Thumbnails folder & also the Textures.db folder from userdata/Database.

I herd this makes a big difference in quality if you use advancesettings.xml

<imagemipmappingglobal>true</imagemipmappingglobal>
<imageres>1080</imageres>
<fanartres>1080</fanartres>
<imagescalingalgorithm>lanczos</imagescalingalgorithm>

as it changes the compression method as well but not sure if it works with the standard kodi or if you need a altered version

posted here

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200401
[align=initial] [/align]
[align=initial] [/align]
Those indicators do look nice 👍🏼
(2021-03-30, 20:01)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Only online data is used for this list, just like the other additional lists, "similar to,..."
Same Director is a nice feature! Just to understand the watched indicators will come in future updates? I noticed on this branch my indicators that were on the widget fanart are gone.
(2021-03-31, 13:20)derrgoo123 Wrote: Same Director is a nice feature! Just to understand the watched indicators will come in future updates? I noticed on this branch my indicators that were on the widget fanart are gone.

I think once the director-test branch is merged, this will work as well. Smile
(2021-03-30, 23:22)PSTrophy Wrote: Awesome work @beatmasterrs Smile I was wondering if it's possible to scrap all the old indicators and code and make the new ones default and remove the alternate indicators option from the context menu? These new ones are awesome sauce and they are working on everything I've tried including marking TV shows watched that are watched up to their latest aired episode unlike the old ones. Plus they stand out way more. Outstanding!!!

I have improved the indicator settings. A better option was added to the context menu and also in skin settings Smile
(2021-03-31, 15:10)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 13:20)derrgoo123 Wrote: Same Director is a nice feature! Just to understand the watched indicators will come in future updates? I noticed on this branch my indicators that were on the widget fanart are gone.

So 1.1.31 is newest update just to confirm? Thanks.
(2021-03-31, 15:54)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 15:10)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Exactly, 1.1.31 is the last update that does not contain any of the new features. If you want to test, please download the zip from the "master" developement branch, or wait till 1.1.32 is in the repo Smile
(2021-03-31, 15:58)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 15:54)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 15:10)beatmasterrs Wrote: I think once the director-test branch is merged, this will work as well. Smile

Exactly, 1.1.31 is the last update that does not contain any of the new features. If you want to test, please download the zip from the "master" developement branch, or wait till 1.1.32 is in the repo Smile

Yes- would like to test your beta. Can you give me a link not sure I am finding the master.
(2021-03-30, 20:01)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Thanks for this feature and the quick answer.
This works very well.

is it any chance to add "Same director search" but in Kodi DB only not online like for actors ?

The question is where to place the button to keep the design philosophy ?
(2021-03-31, 16:01)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 15:58)beatmasterrs Wrote:
(2021-03-31, 15:54)derrgoo123 Wrote: So 1.1.31 is newest update just to confirm? Thanks.

Yes- would like to test your beta. Can you give me a link not sure I am finding the master.

With this link, you can always get the latest developement version:

https://github.com/beatmasterRS/skin.arc...master.zip
  • 142(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr - Reloaded11